OxygenOS 2.2.0 rollout is starting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joewah
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

joewah , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Wow, it seems this is just a hater thread. Unbelievable. Why so many people have so much trouble with it and others not?

In fact I have no problems with my OP2 and I´m using it constantly. It´s rooted and I´m happy with it. However I would like to have an M update. But I know that this update is not important for living. So many users here have obviously so dramatic important issues. Maybe not only with the OP2.

Just wanted to give a call from the other side.

2. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2016

kaihp , Feb 2, 2016 :
    I cannot speak for others, but here's my take on it:

There are a number of issues that is just killing some users, while others have no issues.
    OnePlus seem to be extremely bad at communicating with their users about problems.
    No Known Issues lists, no release notes, no acknowledgement of user problems (like the roaming issue that costs money for users every day), no communication about which issues they are fixing, no information about timelines to fix issues.

Talking to customer support gives you the standard spiel: do a factory reset on your phone, otherwise we won't talk to you.

In fact, OnePlus as a company seem to take the ostrich approach: they stick their collective heads in the sand and hope people stop complaining about the problems. And this, in my humble opinion, is their biggest failure of all.

After the farce of 2.1.1/2.1.2/2.2.0 firmware releases, with new bugs every time and major bugs not getting fixed well, I no longer expect any fixes or improvements to my OP2 (January proved me right). Sure, OnePlus said that they'll bring out Marshmallow. I'll believe it when I see it. And then I'll stay away from it for a good 2-4-6 weeks until other poor sods (read: users) have found the bugs before I'll consider whether I want to use it.

I won't recommend Oneplus products to other people either, because the software is more than 50% of the total product these days. With the OP2, OnePlus only delivered the hardware.

Edit: typo correction.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

obustudei, Ryu36, dfjkl and 6 others like this.
  3. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2016

Mistic , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Thanks for the instructions but when I downgrade to 2.1.2 I'll lose so many extras such as the new holiday wallpaper and so on... :D

Joking aside, version 2.1.2 is not better than the current. Although it runs a little bit smoother but it contains other significant errors, which I want to put up even less.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

4. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2016

Mistic , Feb 2, 2016 :
    OnePlus breeds by their conduct their haters. This is unbelievable!

obustudei, Ryu36 and dfjkl like this.
  5. giannischicchi
    Donut Feb 2, 2016

giannischicchi , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Three days ago I disabled Chrome and since then I haven't had a single freeze. Up to that point I was getting at least one a day. The lag is much reduced as well. I thought of diasbling Chrome because most, but not all, the freezes were happening while browsing. I'll see how it carries on

JustAPhone likes this.
  6. andrejcek
    Eclair Feb 2, 2016

Leehm likes this.
  7. Rowman
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

Rowman , Feb 2, 2016 :
    I dont blame them for a update that has a big performance problems for some users
    But letting them alone with this for more then a month (no hot fix) is not very customer friendly

Mistic and Ryu36 like this.
  8. Jopa
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2016

Jopa , Feb 2, 2016 :
    My only problem on OPT is battery life!!
    Are there any chances of its improvement with M update?

9. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2016

kaihp , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Interesting. I have also disabled Chrome (because I use Firefox) and don't see freezes.
    FWIW, I have disabled the following Apps because I don't need/want/use them:
    • Chrome
    • Docs
    • Drive
    • Google Hindi Input
    • Google Play Games
    • Google Play Movies & TV
    • Google Play Music
    • Google+
    • Hangouts
    • Keep
    • Messenger
    • Photos
    • Sheets
    • Slides
    • TalkBack
    I realize that a lot of users won't be able to disable the full list. Your Milage May Vary.

Ryu36 likes this.
  10. nirbay
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

nirbay , Feb 3, 2016 :
    It's really going to be a trouble for one plus to survive if they won't create a perfect software, which is not buggy

Or else hype of flagship won't work anymore.

11. JustAPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 3, 2016

JustAPhone , Feb 3, 2016 :
    that is long list of disabled.... :) no photos gallery and no SMS ?
    so is the Chrome the problem ? thinking to disable it as well...

12. dfjkl
    Froyo Feb 3, 2016

dfjkl , Feb 3, 2016 :
    You're one of the lucky few. The only issues I had w/ 2.1.2 were cosmetic. 2.2.0 has brought halved battery life, a daily lockup if not rebooted in advance, and a required 2 reboot daily shuffle just to keep the phone usable. I'll take 2.1.2 over the nightmare of 2.2.0 any day.

13. IRSHAD.ABDULLAH
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2016

IRSHAD.ABDULLAH , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Hello @Helen
    I would like to draw your attention towards this lacking of a specific feature in OxygenOS.
    When marking there is no option to select all videos, photos, messages etc...
    I hope u will fix this.
    Thanks a lot.

14. dfjkl
    Froyo Feb 3, 2016

dfjkl , Feb 3, 2016 :
    No, the forum is being "ruined" by the fact that OP is ignoring their customer base that's suffering a very broken update.

15. dfjkl
    Froyo Feb 3, 2016

dfjkl , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Yet...2 months later since the update that seriously broke things...we're still waiting, when we REALLY need a hotfix.....

16. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2016

kaihp , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Yeah, that's a much longer list than I thought is was :D
    I chose to use some of the apps from the play store as I wasn't happy with the default ones:
    QuickPic, Textra SMS, Firefox, True Phone & Dialer

JustAPhone likes this.
  17. Ryu36
    Froyo Feb 3, 2016

Ryu36 , Feb 3, 2016 :
    I loved my OPO with Cyanogen!
    In the beginning I liked my OP2 a lot despite OxygenOS.
    With Update 2.2.0 I start to be annoyed cause of the performance issues.
    And I hate the not existing feedback or support from OnePlus.

Without their great fanbase OnePlus won't survive, the Hype is over.
    So why don't you care for your fans, OnePlus?

Thanks to them I deactivated some google apps and the performance is a little better.

kaihp and Vasilachi Eugeniu like this.
  18. Nemy
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

Nemy , Feb 3, 2016 :
    The new update is totally buggy. Nothing goes better, but the phone hangs up many times, so a restart is needed. Please OP do somthing, because u loose every follower, if the software work so badly.

19. Multiplatform Gamer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 3, 2016

Multiplatform Gamer , Feb 3, 2016 :
    you'd better get used to it because no update is comming until the marshmallow upgrade. so that means you'll need to endure this for two months and maybe more.

20. Leehm
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2016

Leehm , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Just kinda hate the way that OnePlus communicate with us.(not China)
    Our update is significantly slowly than the China one(Hydrogen OS).We don't even have a beta test on android marshmallow. What's make this thing weird is Oxygen OS is almost same with the Google one, I just couldn't figure it out why the time taken to update to marshmallow is longer than the Hydrogen OS(which is completely modify)Are OnePlus give up on Oxygen OS?We still don't have a single news about Oxygen 3.0.Totally don't know anything!

andrejcek likes this.