OxygenOS 2.2.0 rollout is starting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Amado
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2016

J. Amado , Feb 8, 2016 :
    I was relatively happy with my OP2, coming from na iPhone5S.
    But recently it's been sluggish, constantly freezing (at least 4 times a day)... I'm not sure if this is normal in any android phone, or just the OP2, since this is my first android.

I'm thinking of trying the nexus 6P, what do you think?

maestrojon, dfjkl and anz563 like this.
  2. buddydave
    Honeycomb Feb 8, 2016

buddydave , Feb 8, 2016 :
    I say as you're used to a finished product in terms of software, I'd recommend you sell your 2 (since the price cut you're not gonna make much on it) and get a 6p which is much more polished and you won't see the issues that the one plus two has.

Also the 6p will last for two years whereas the the one plus two is end of life within 12-18 months. I say spend the bit extra and you'll get more than enough on your return.

3. SaltLife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2016

SaltLife , Feb 8, 2016 :
    How do you figure it'll last 12-18 months. I give it three years if you take care of it lol...

Mistic likes this.
  4. buddydave
    Honeycomb Feb 8, 2016

buddydave , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Product life cycle is 12 months and see the one plus two being end of life after 18 months.https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/v1-5-the-oneplus-2-ultimate-spec-sheet.334824/

As they'll release the one plus three and X2 later this year, I see them dropping updates after about 18 months from release as they only have a small dev team. If they're struggling to maintain 3 devices, I don't think 5 devices will be possible.

Also with custom roms, the one plus two is dead in terms of source builds as we don't have any hardware trees which incorporates the drivers for fp and LAF, look at Grarak's twitter. One plus are still using custom code for the LAF and fp in the hydrogen beta build.

One plus have become another generic oem with closed sources and no hardware trees. Guess it's a shame as I thought it would be a rival to the nexus devices after the one plus one.

AntMunny, muehsi, Mistic and 2 others like this.
  5. bogusm
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2016

bogusm , Feb 8, 2016 :
    I have the same problem with my OPT. My (son's) OPO is a much better phone.

6. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2016

7. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2016

kaihp , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Hey, they DID kill the flagship :p

aj7400 and kaghedo like this.
  8. Mohamm3d_adam
    Froyo Feb 8, 2016

9. RichtigerLurch
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2016

10. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2016

RichtigerLurch likes this.
  11. cbeurskens
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

cbeurskens , Feb 9, 2016 :
    Question! I bought my phone 1 week ago and before I got this update I could make pictures with flash.. but after I the update I cannot "touch" the flash-button when I want to make a picture.. anyone else with the same problem? Do I need to wait for another update or should I contact customerservice? thanks in advance!

12. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2016

Mistic , Feb 9, 2016 :

cbeurskens and SaltLife like this.
  13. obustudei
    Eclair Feb 9, 2016

obustudei , Feb 9, 2016 :
    I moved back to Oxygen 2.1.2 and now, at least, I don't have to reboot the device three times a day.
    Stills a crappy software but at least it is not freezing every now and then.

14. aj7400
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2016

aj7400 , Feb 9, 2016 :
    Killed the word 'Flagship'
    Damn you oneplus..atleast be ashamed now ...

You should have given a hotfix to solve the lags problems first before moving with M

Mistic and Vasilachi Eugeniu like this.
  15. cbeurskens
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

16. SGholl
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

SGholl , Feb 9, 2016 :
    cos i would like the service center to take a look at it. and the one where i am at closed down with no other replacement in the near future. i was thinking of going to malaysia to have it looked at but i'm not sure if the warranty works in another country other than my own?

17. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2016

Mistic , Feb 9, 2016 :
    Haha, YMMD. Say thanks also to @SaltLife ;)

SaltLife likes this.
  18. kimh
    Eclair Feb 9, 2016

kimh , Feb 9, 2016 :
    Looks like they "Settled" after all :-(
    Now surviving after downgrading to 2.1.2, but feel bad about leaving my solid history of Nexus'es for the OP2.... Next stop will be Nexus again!

dfjkl and obustudei like this.
  19. Peter Krull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2016

Peter Krull , Feb 9, 2016 :
    He cant even spell the company name or the phone model right.
    I'm personally running on 2.1.2. Much smoother than 2.2.0 ever was for me. Quite a shame users have such varying experiences on the different versions. My mother is still on 2.1.1 i believe, and her batterylife is beastly.

SaltLife likes this.
  20. Jopa
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2016

Jopa , Feb 9, 2016 :
    OPT is my first OnePlus phone and last. I don't know what they are doing but 2 months after 2.2.0. device is still unusable. :'(

dfjkl, crap80 and jemcik like this.