OxygenOS 2.2.0 rollout is starting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandygoog
    Donut Feb 16, 2016

Sandygoog , Feb 16, 2016 :
    I will never buy a one plus phone again!

I had a one plus one for 6 months , then upgraded it to the 1 plus 2.

From day 1 it had problems.
    I had an online software fix attempt with no success. Then the phone was sent to be fixed (hardware) - I got it back with the same problems.
    Now I'm waiting again for another shipping label to be sent to me - every day I get a different excuse from their customer support .
    My ticket is open for more than 6 weeks now.

And the phone isn't working!
    Brand new phone.

I gave up!

Bought a nexus 6P.

Hopefully one day someone will help me and fix the phone.

Worst customer service ever!

Ticket 538550 USA

One plus- never again

Sandy

dfjkl, ronyjarod, archer_7 and 5 others like this.
  2. FoxYume
    Eclair Feb 16, 2016

FoxYume , Feb 16, 2016 :
    Had 2 complete freezes today.. Had to force-turn-off the phone, only to find out it didn't turn on again untill after like.. 10 minutes.. Both while in the car navigating to a job interview.. Yeah.. not very convenient.. REALLY hope they push an update soon.. Phone seems to get more sluggish and crash more frequent every day..

Fabio3105 likes this.
  3. buddydave
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2016

buddydave , Feb 16, 2016 :
    Good on you buddy, with one plus giving you the run around, you're never going to get a replacement! In my eyes One Plus are a honeypot and the customers are the ones who get stung.

No updates from the One Plus team with regards to confirmation of bugs in Oxygen OS and if you have a hardware defect then chances of getting them fixed are remote. I've got a dead pixel from day one in the middle of my screen and I've learnt to live with it as one plus won't exchange it as they require a few dead pixels in order to change it. I've never had a dead pixel in my life on any device I've owned and I guess I'm trapped. I can't wait till marshmallow kernel sources and blobs come out. If there's no code for LAF or Fingerprint scanner, I'm ditching this phone.

4. xrmeguy
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

xrmeguy , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Loving my oneplus2 so far...one small issue, but I need 5 replies...so 4 to go.

5. viveks935
    Froyo Feb 17, 2016

viveks935 , Feb 17, 2016 :
    If u Ask me than OP2 is waste now bcoz every user have a issue with OP2 even i m also sometimes my get hang like freeze nothing then i have to force to shutdown it , Seriously i m not happy with OP2 i m waiting for the update or else i have m thinking to change it

I m imaging its have 4gb ram than also its hang that not a good sign of it,since day one heating issue is there still not resolve by them only they say we r working on it,No gallery available for viewing pics seriously i m done with this.

6. Tgren
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

Tgren , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Hi all,
    I am following this forum on a daily basis and am quite surprised to hear about all the issues people have. I haven't had issues with overheating, freezing (apart from an occasional few seconds lag) and other issues as reported. It would be interesting if oneplus would setup a survey to conclude if some of these issues are isolated to a certain region
    I am running 2.2.0 in UK and am quite happy with the phone. I do restart my phone on a daily basis (as I have done with all smartphone s ) to prohibit memory leaks and other nasties. It would be good to hear at least every now and then from a oneplus trip in this thread on what the status is with a new firmware...

Nimesh. P likes this.
  7. viveks935
    Froyo Feb 17, 2016

viveks935 , Feb 17, 2016 :
    As you say everyone is having issues & posting there issues here but still none of them replied once or any news about the updates or bug free rom

8. DISHOOMM
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

DISHOOMM , Feb 17, 2016 :
    OP2 POST UPDATE ISNT READING OTG.

ALSO THE SENSOR IS DRAINING THE BATTERY.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

9. DISHOOMM
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

DISHOOMM , Feb 17, 2016 :
    THEY NEED TO ROLL AN UPDATE TO FIX THE OTG ISSUE AND BATTERY DRAINING ISSUE + RAM MANAGAMENT.
    QUITE DISAPPOINTED WITH OP.

10. apo
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

apo , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Yesterday I had make rollback to 2.1.2 without data lost and finally my OPT now work correctly.
    2.2.0 is a very bad deploy for the flagship victim

obustudei likes this.
  11. Ryu36
    Froyo Feb 17, 2016

12. ManuelGeorg
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

ManuelGeorg , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Same here, 2.2.0 in the UK. similar to what you wrote, no major issues.
    I think most people posting about issues tinker with the phone and then mess it up.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016

13. bassopt
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2016

bassopt , Feb 17, 2016 :

Most problems are dual sim related.

I didn't had any problems until i put the second SIM in. Phone hangs, reboots . gets hot as hell, it's unusable. take the second sim out. All fine again. And I'm not even using the second sim for voice calls it's a data only SIM

14. elherreram
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

elherreram , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Hmm, not even, I have 2 sims and worked with 2.2.0 while using the both of them. Granted, not perfect, did have to reboot the unit a couple times, but nothing preventing me from being productive.
    I'm Canada and it works fine and haven't had any real problems since the update.
    That we don't get updates as fast as Google phones? well, if OP had the number of employees as Google...
    2.2.0 is stable, my battery last a full day with all radios on and voice and gaming time on it. Hardware wise, is better than what you could by on the same price range.

RichtigerLurch likes this.
  15. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2016

16. dcyel
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2016

17. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2016

Mistic , Feb 17, 2016 :
    I think they only playing games with their phones. o_O

18. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2016

Mistic , Feb 17, 2016 :
    ... and they write bullshit in forums!

19. dcyel
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2016

dcyel , Feb 17, 2016 :
    Maybe..Its this simple, either one roots the phone and installs Boeffla kernel or one doesn't root and installs Nova launcher and uses the moving wall paper as background.

Mistic likes this.
  20. Mistic
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2016

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016