OxygenOS 2.2.0 rollout is starting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staticV3
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2016

2. joesweeney413
    Jelly Bean Mar 3, 2016

joesweeney413 , Mar 3, 2016 :
    Is the plan to launch as close to March 31 as possible and not give us an update on the status? I would appreciate a reply. =) @Mike

robberth likes this.
  3. buddydave
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2016

buddydave , Mar 3, 2016 :
    A temp fix for one day is going into settings, storage and wiping cache data. Then boot into recovery and wipe the cache. I'm having to do this every day so my phone is somewhat smooth. Come on One Plus, I shouldn't have to be doing this on the "2016 flagship killer".

4. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 4, 2016

Mike , Mar 4, 2016 :
    No, the plan is to launch as soon as possible with a good product. Here's an update: I've seen test builds and they're good but - and here's the thing - it only takes the smallest bug to screw up CTS or disturb the user experience. So if I go and ask now, they'll probably tell me "it's really close to being done but there's this one thing"; that's just the nature of software development at this scale.

rexron, PrajwalK, Nikkhil and 19 others like this.
  5. sajavid
    Froyo Mar 4, 2016

sajavid , Mar 4, 2016 :
    Highly appreciate you responding Mike. And yes, that's just the nature of software development.

But, thanks for keeping us informed.

Nikkhil and hampfred like this.
  6. buddydave
    Honeycomb Mar 4, 2016

buddydave , Mar 4, 2016 :
    How thorough is this testing? If Oxygen OS 2.2.0 passed the tests with awful performance and yet MM is still buggy, do we have any hope in having a stable ROM?

Oh and could you send the team the message to do long term testing instead of clean wiping and flashing every day? That's when the bugs arrive that One Plus devs never encounter as it seems like they don't look at performance long term?

Also as CTS takes about a month to pass, and as it's beginning of March, it looks like One Plus are going to miss the Q1 target they gave themselves. I guess April is the earliest to get it. We've already been waiting 2 months for an update, I don't think another month will hurt. So there we have it, MM is coming out in April! #AlwaysSettle

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

7. SaltLife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 4, 2016

SaltLife , Mar 4, 2016 :
    Good answer, Mike!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Don't assume anything until the next update is released. They're most likely doing their best with the team they have. Be patient and wait for the next update. You'll be saying completely different if the next update ends up being a great one anyway. So just be PATIENT!

8. KostasV
    Honeycomb Mar 4, 2016

KostasV , Mar 4, 2016 :
    At first, thank you for your answer. We appreciate your interest.
    My previous post is above.
    As I said, I can wait for a MM update but the Oxygen Team had to think of us and release an update on Lollipop solving some bugs or at least a January security update and even now the February one.

9. KostasV
    Honeycomb Mar 4, 2016

KostasV , Mar 4, 2016 :
    It seems they just released an update to 2.2.1...
    So fast respond to our last complaints... :p:D