OxygenOS 2.2.1 rollout is starting on OnePlus 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddydave
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2016

buddydave , Mar 5, 2016 :
    It's just gapps bulking it out, other than that I can't see many files being changed

2. dmiller
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

dmiller , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Can't wait to ditch my OPT for the 2016 Nexus 6, Never Settle for slow updates :/

chzetzl, dfjkl, lordfoo and 2 others like this.
  3. h60ace
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

h60ace , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Already switched to a 6P. I have not yet sold my OPT, that is why I keep reading these forums. I'm running CM 13 on my Nexus and couldn't be happier. I had lost sight of how bad the OPT is when contrasted with its "peers".

4. mjpsammon
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2016

mjpsammon , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Hmmmm... Alan is a Project Manager. From Wikipedia:

Analysis of software project management failures has shown that the following are the most common causes:
    1. Insufficient end-user involvement
    2. Poor communication among customers, developers, users and project managers
    3. Unrealistic or unarticulated project goals
    4. Inaccurate estimates of needed resources
    5. Badly defined or incomplete system requirements and specifications
    6. Poor reporting of the project's status
    7. Poorly managed risks
    8. Use of immature technology
    9. Inability to handle the project's complexity
    10. Sloppy development practices
    11. Stakeholder politics (e.g. absence of executive support, or politics between the customer and end-users)
    12. Commercial pressures
    I think most of these pretty much sum up the state of affairs at OP. What say you?

hypercode likes this.
  5. eldos777
    Eclair Mar 5, 2016

eldos777 , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Power off your phone, Press Power Button + Volume Down.. Now phone will boot in recovery mode. There you can see wipe cache/dalvik

6. Rayeez
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2016

7. Pramod Magadi
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2016

Pramod Magadi , Mar 5, 2016 :
    BUG: Flash isnt working after the 2.2.1 oos update in photo mode... I cant switch between no flash, auto and always on. It is stuck in no flash mode permanently

8. crayons
    Donut Mar 5, 2016

crayons , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Who cares Brown? I am happy that you have a fully functional phone. Simply because you have no issues surely means everyone else can't either right? Why would I or anyone else waste time here if these problems didn't exist?

I understand that you cannot appreciate the fact that it is frustrating to see a release that includes language support and not much else when there are those of us who are still struggling with basic phone functionality.

Count your stars you have a fully functioning phone, because it's a beautiful one if you can get it working. But please don't dismiss an entire community of
    people facing issues just because you don't have any.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016

aj7400 and jdudouit like this.
  9. abhishektawde
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2016

abhishektawde , Mar 5, 2016 :
    HELP I downloaded update file on my phone however when I tap install it says installation failed and ask me to reboot phone. Tried clearing cache still no joy. PLEASE HELP...

10. sufyan297
    Donut Mar 5, 2016

11. pankajtidke
    Donut Mar 5, 2016

12. rules_broken
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

rules_broken , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Go to settings in the OP2 camera app and select/unselect saving of files in raw format.

13. rules_broken
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

rules_broken , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Dont have this issue with my OP2.
    So try to wipe cache and restart your phone which might solve your problem.

14. Nimesh. P
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2016

Nimesh. P , Mar 5, 2016 :
    You have to install a FULL ROM of 2.2.1 when it comes out. Then only you'll be able to conduct OTA updates.

15. OscarCookeAbbott
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

OscarCookeAbbott , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Where on earth is that Marshmallow update then Mr. Manager?!
    We were promised timely updates and then we were promised Marshmallow in Q1 - if there's a small update coming out right now then it seems there won't be another one for quite a while?!
    Don't mean to be angry - but when I bought the Oneplus 2 I expected lightning fast updates given O2OS's minor differences from stock!

dfjkl and collin5022 like this.
  16. tanveerkhan99
    Eclair Mar 5, 2016

17. pankajtidke
    Donut Mar 5, 2016

pankajtidke , Mar 5, 2016 :
    What's the raw format

18. rules_broken
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

19. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Mar 5, 2016

jerrymilton , Mar 5, 2016 :
    14 pages so far w/ half being of the "I don't have the update yet" (it took me exactly 5 seconds to run a Google Search and find a link to the OTA download) and the other the usual cry baby "bugs" post. as for RAW, I've had it for months as OP included support for it a couple of updates back which lead to the Camera FV-5 update supporting it.

Sahilkum likes this.
  20. r.rohit89
    Mar 5, 2016