OxygenOS 2.2.1 rollout is starting on OnePlus 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G0NZa
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2016

G0NZa , Mar 29, 2016 :
    I'm having a problem with 2.2.1, is that the wake/power button, sometimes freeze and doesn't work, and screen stays black and can't make it work, the only solutions is restarting the phone, anyone knows why? what should i do?? the phone works great... but that is weird...

thanks.

2. Fuzzylumpkin
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2016

Fuzzylumpkin , Mar 29, 2016 :
    No idea, but you can work around it if it's just the power button with double tap to wake or using the fingerprint scanner. I very rarely touch the power button.

Hopefully the next update will sort you out.

3. G0NZa
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2016

G0NZa , Mar 29, 2016 :
    no fingerprint working when that happens... is strange...

4. pampurio97
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2016

pampurio97 , Mar 29, 2016 :
    I still haven't received this update (Italy)

5. Sauravkumar12
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

Sauravkumar12 , Mar 30, 2016 :
    is it solved now? Please let me know if you need any more guidance. Its a good phone amongst the others out there.

6. ankurvvvv
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2016

7. hampfred
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

hampfred , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Yes it will. Im guessing it will start roll out nightlies in a few weeks from official cyanogenmod with grarak as maintainer.

8. Prakash Bulusu
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

Prakash Bulusu , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Thanks @hampfred

9. buddydave
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2016

buddydave , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Why don't you manually update using ota file?

10. du04lal
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

11. Shazel
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2016

12. freddeno
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2016

freddeno , Mar 31, 2016 :
    After update to OOS 3 beta fingerprint is now superfast and everything running smoothly so far. Hoping for improved battery life now.

du04lal likes this.
  13. M3LV!N
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2016

M3LV!N , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Hi,

My phone has started lagging and freezing after this update. Please release a fix soon. It is ruining the brilliant experience I've had so far with my OP2.

14. ibrahimmuhsin
    Eclair Apr 1, 2016

ibrahimmuhsin , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Hi, big fan of OPT here, but unfortunately I've had a bad experience so far.

I bought the phone brand new and upon starting discovered it was one of those phones that had a ton of malware on it.

So using the oxygen recovery, I reinstalled Oxygen OS 2.2.1, after wiping cache and data.

Everything seemed fine until my phone randomly started restarting itself, also sometimes when I take a picture, the file doesn't save, no matter how many times I take the picture.

Kindly advice, I do have a lot of hope for OnePlus.

Thanks

15. mp081280
    Eclair Apr 2, 2016

mp081280 , Apr 2, 2016 :
    You were partially right. When you turn on roaming option you receive mms. But as I said this setting was on - yet mms messages did not appeared (only info that multimedia message is available).

The root cause of my problem is sms/mms app: Textra. As it does not support dual sim, despite proper setting with roaming, I will not receive mms from second sim (on which data transfer is not on).

Anyway I can see two options only: to wait for Textra's update when dual sim will be supported or switch to another sms/mms app.. :)

16. CeferinoLamb
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2016

CeferinoLamb , Apr 3, 2016 :
    Lost all faith in oxygen OS 2.n. Too unreliable. Will try 3.0 if out soon, or rom to Cyanogen.

17. S1erra
    Eclair Apr 3, 2016

S1erra , Apr 3, 2016 :
    Hello everyone! I was really sceptical about updating to 2.2.1 from my factory 2.1.2 since I had no isues with my phone but decided to update today anyway.
    Everything seems to be fine atm, only question I have is why dont I have options icon in camera menu? I looked up the reviews and everyone have that gear icon when swiping right in the camera app and options to enable Raw image, but I dont. Whats going on with that?

Edit: Nevermind, after about 15 mins after update the gear appeared in the menu.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

18. gobmb
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2016

gobmb , Apr 3, 2016 :
    My oneplus2 has the same issue and after i us all the battery and plug it to charge, it will reinstall the 2.2.1 update all over again. Why?

19. athaes
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2016

athaes , Apr 3, 2016 :
    Hello there,

I have installed this update still did not fix the problem i am having.
    I bought a new unit in February and it came with a factory fault that when it disconects from wifi it never connects to 3G.
    I have to put it on aeroplane mode then turn it off again to make 3G works.
    Anybody else having the same problem?

+ Finger print scanner works better after this update.

- Every now and then my phone goes so slow even i have nothing running in the background.
    Its so annoying that basic tasks like open phone dialer takes few seconds.
    I get so angry that i want to throw and phone out the window and go back to my good old Nokia.

Thanks,

20. vaishakmadhu
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2016