OxygenOS 2.2.1 rollout is starting on OnePlus X

1. sesquiculus
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

sesquiculus , Apr 12, 2016 :
    I am not satisfied with the results of this update. Is there a way to back it out to the previous version? Maybe?

2. ishtiyaaq50
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2016

sesquiculus likes this.
  3. johndirch
    Donut Apr 12, 2016

johndirch , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Me too.

4. twentyfourinc
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2016

5. shashpant
    Froyo Apr 12, 2016

shashpant , Apr 12, 2016 :
    I don't seem to understand whether you are ignorant, aloof or dumb, because, from your logic everyone owing a OPX should throw their phone, except you, since everyone is suffering from these issues.

I usually don't whine or even create thread seeking updates or MM, but the issue is getting out of hand. These are bugs from the day OPX was launched and being on the early adopter I am feeling led down that these petty bugs should have gone a long ago but they still persist.

As far as your only logical question, these were bought from authorised OP seller in India i.e. Amazon India. Also the phones are not faulty had you care to read what I said, these are minor bugs which pile to create a big annoyance.

The youtube issue was fixed 100% in 2.13-x but after they released 2.2.0 it came back again. I am not sure what sort of development or testing OP is going but its abysmal to say the least. They create new problem with each update let alone fixing day one bugs. Multi coloured LED is still there which shouldn't be much of a problem to solve.

As far as throwing my phone why should I? I paid full price for it and 1+ is liable to fix the issue at hand. No one paid for a buggy device, being patience enough is doing a great deed to the company. If someone gets pissed they can launch a litigation against the company and the consumer will win 100%. No one/company is allowed to sell devices that has bug or broken features.

But I guess these argument will pass your head since you sound like a blind follower of the brand which i am not. More importantly I am in direct contact with OP developers via email and they have taken cognizance of these bugs.

Swatpt and FabioSan like this.
  6. ishtiyaaq50
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2016

ishtiyaaq50 , Apr 12, 2016 :
    No,But you can always dirty flash the whole ROM over your existing Oxygenos with a custom recovery.

7. Juandediox
    Donut Apr 12, 2016

Juandediox , Apr 12, 2016 :
    "Ask Always" SIM select Issue stills on the update. When i choose this opción, It works for a while, but the Phone switches to the Sim1 opción.
    I use both sims everytime and its a un confortable Issue.
    Jd2

8. Justin Van Uytrecht
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

Justin Van Uytrecht , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Hi all,

Firstly thank you to 1+ for making this awesome device.
    I did the update two days ago when I got the OTA notice, since then I don't have sound with my alarms. No matter which sound I choose the alarm only vibrates.

Has any one else had this issue. Any ideas how to fix this??

Thanks

9. twentyfourinc
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2016

10. Justin Van Uytrecht
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

Justin Van Uytrecht , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Lol sorted it....... Never mind me.....

11. FabioSan
    Froyo Apr 12, 2016

FabioSan , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Seems that this update fix also Heads up notifications (many times were just of half second or similar) :)

12. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2016

Kéno40 , Apr 12, 2016 :
    No, I meant, start with overwriting with Full rom zip.
    You don't have to format for that.

13. sesquiculus
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

sesquiculus , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Thanks for this. Can anybody tell me if it is necessary to do a factory reset first before trying to roll back to a previous version, or will installing this previous update overwrite the most recent version?

14. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 12, 2016

stephenboyo , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Sorry not everyone is suffering from those issues, you are projecting your problems on to everyone. Read the posts and you will find that not everyone has those problems. There are people with those issues but not everyone. Get it right! Try sellng your phones if you don't know how to handle them I'm sure they'll find better owners.

p2gee likes this.
  15. Swatpt
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2016

Swatpt , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Not experiencing those issues does not mean they don't exist ;)

Get it right.

16. Arnettii
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

Arnettii , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Has anyone else experienced this, just updated my phone and have the same thing happening. No Bell Network

17. baxoneplusx
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

18. sameekhan
    Donut Apr 12, 2016

sameekhan , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Already did that and did cache clear but nothing is happening. Same battery issue with location on.

19. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 12, 2016

stephenboyo , Apr 12, 2016 :
    If you read my reply you will see that I said they exist! Not everyone has them. The person I directed my reply claimed everyone experienced them, when clearly that isn't the case

20. hughwilliams
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

hughwilliams , Apr 12, 2016 :
    i dirty flashed and lost half my apps, i have a backup on twrp of right before i updated, can i flash the data partition of that and get it all back?

Edit: giving it a go :D
    Result: YAY it worked

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016