OxygenOS 2.2.1 rollout is starting on OnePlus X

1. jmjlopez
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2016

jmjlopez , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Same with the others: Any widget aside from the frequently used apps goes blank after a while. For example, google calendar. After a while it just shows the widget without any data on it unless going inside the app itself. Music player and dashboard widgets goes blank as well, making them unusable..

2. MrThomasson
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2016

MrThomasson , Apr 14, 2016 :
    --
    I received my OnePlus X two days ago, yesterday I used it for the first time because of getting a Nano SIM. Last night I updated the phone but now that I woke up, I saw that the screen is completely frozen. The screen/window I have got for hours now is, for me in Dutch (Android wordt gestart... App 1 van 1 optimaliseren). and in English I guess (Android is getting started... app 1 of 1 optimizing).
    I can't turn the phone off nor can do anything. What is my problem?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016

3. shashpant
    Froyo Apr 14, 2016

shashpant , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Ignorance is bliss! Yes most of the bugs exits in every OPX, (I'll list them) unless you are rooted or use a third party ROM.

Some of the day 1 bugs that has plagued every OPX user. -

1. Multi coloured LED notification even if you select single colour.
    2. Underutilization of GPU due to bad selection of governor . Asphalt and even minor games stutter.
    3. Airplane mode hang / hang while changing sims.
    4. Camera lags in low light.

There are boatloads of similar issue that plagued OPX from day 1 and each OPX has them. If you say otherwise you are either lying or got something thats not OPX.

Granted some bugs might not reflect to each OPX but doesn't mean they are not there. They are, no one has spare time to put blatant lies on bugs by spending time here. There are more pressing issues in everyone life.

I am not sure why you are so fixated on making people sell their phone and not report any bugs. Maybe you live in a country with authoritarian rule where you cant raise your voice but I don't. I live in a free country where I have many rights including my right to raise my voice. This forum is the fitting example of right to appeal and criticise because had they not wanted users opinion/criticism, they wouldn't have created this place in the first place. So please take your "sell you phone attitude" somewhere else.

I am not asking for MM update, I simply don't care because OxygenOS has most of the features covered and I am simply not interested in a version upgrade for the heck of it, like other people crying out their hearts out. All I want is a stable bug free experience, I don't care whether its 5.1 or 6 or even 4.x.

@m.lohse - Yes the youtube experience has improved and it doesn't lag while playing video and doing a forward seek. But recently I noticed that it lags every time when i do a backward seek. Kindly try and report.

OneMarco and samiunnazm like this.
  4. FaleshC
    KitKat Apr 14, 2016

FaleshC , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Okay, i have been testing the same setting, with Google play music, xperia music , calendar till now everything is working fine will update if something goes wrong. also the google search bar is enabled.
    Btw how soon does the self bug begins when you add the widget?
    and did you try the troubleshooting steps?

Update: Everything is working fine with the self, no issues whatsoever.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016

5. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2016

Kéno40 , Apr 14, 2016 :
    On my device, it worked, until the day it stopped working, with no apparent reasons. For me, the shelf he's still bugguy...

6. FaleshC
    KitKat Apr 14, 2016

FaleshC , Apr 14, 2016 :
    did you btw forced stop the shelf and cleared app data? that helped me on prev 2.1.3-x.
    also maybe some other 3rd party app is interfering with the shelf.

7. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2016

Kéno40 , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Yes I did.
    I already reboot in safe mode, re install widgets.

I don't want to re set my launcher again, so I gave up....

8. falcon26
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2016

falcon26 , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Have One plus ever said when 6.0 update is coming for the X? Any type of a timeline etc. I do like the Oxygen OS and would like to keep that rather then putting a custom 6.0.1 ROM on. It would be nice to have the official 6.0.1 update for Oxygen. I hope its not to far off.

9. Sébastien76
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2016

TiagoJSilva likes this.
  10. JokinJP
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2016

JokinJP , Apr 14, 2016 :
    I have a system update message for 2.2.1 OnePlusOxygen_14_201604021001 System Update.
    Download it and select install, but fails to update.

This is on the OnePlusX

Phone is not rooted or customised at all.

11. falcon26
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2016

falcon26 , Apr 14, 2016 :
    Aw OK. So it will be a while before 6.0.1 I just went ahead and put a CM13 Rom on it. Now I'm on 6.0.1 :)

Sébastien76 likes this.
  12. jevanjovandy
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2016

xyberxy likes this.
  13. shashpant
    Froyo Apr 15, 2016

shashpant , Apr 15, 2016 :
    I haven't been using dual sim or paying attention to dual sim issues mentioned here . But this doesn't seems normal, the sims are working fine but in the home screen it list the second sim as "No Sim card/Emergency call only". Whereas the sim is active and working properly and even listed as active under settings.

Attached Files:

14. awadi888
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2016

awadi888 , Apr 15, 2016 :
    Lol I still have my X as a back up phone. I got tired of waiting for software updates and bugs. I went back to Samsung. Forgot how much I liked using mobile pay.

15. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 15, 2016

stephenboyo , Apr 15, 2016 :
    OK I hear you, your OPX is crap, so sell it or bin it...mine works brilliantly...

vieplis likes this.
  16. vinz_uk80
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2016

vinz_uk80 , Apr 15, 2016 :
    Hello to the great community.

I notice since the 2.2.0, and still now that there is a Wakelock of the proximity sensor, revealed by Better Battery Stats.
    This wake lock is called Proximity Sensor Wakelock.

Do any of you have the same Wakelock and know how to get rid of it?

It prevents the phone to enter in Deep Sleep mode, and thus reduces a bit the battery life.

Thanks for your replies.

17. Htsri
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2016

Htsri , Apr 15, 2016 :
    hello guys,

Facing three main issues,
    1. proximity sensor during call, dosent work correctly, almost everytime the mic or the loudspeaker gets activated
    2. If the Auto brightness is nit sufficient then increasing brightness from the notification bar dosent work, I have to go to settings than display and then toggle auto brightness to increase brightness
    3. sluggish video play after resume in YouTube

anybode else facing the same issues? any solutions?

Regards,
    HTS

18. x504x Pulpo
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2016

x504x Pulpo , Apr 15, 2016 :
    So much potential hardware limited to software, sometimes I feel I'm using an Iphone. will search for a rooted version. My life was perfect when using Galaxy S3.

19. yogenderSingh1
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2016

yogenderSingh1 , Apr 16, 2016 :
    <<I never had any youtube lag whatsoever!>>

20. casper1975
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2016

casper1975 , Apr 16, 2016 :
    Hi since last update my phone seems to have picked up issues not previously there..WiFi cell signal ..auto rotate Bluetooth randomly turning of and battery drain faster by roughly 25 % has anyone else seen any issue ...sorry also led light for charging randomly works
    Any help appreciated
    Ciaran