toonvranken , Jun 8, 2016 :
    try the booth.
    install from file
    install from system update.
    Same problem

3. gildavid
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2016

gildavid , Jun 8, 2016 :
    So it suggests to have Google Apps enabled... what do you mean by that? Which Google apps? Google Now? Maps? the Google Account?

4. kognwt
    Donut Jun 8, 2016

kognwt , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Hi guys,

I have tried downloading and installing the OTA but have failed. When I press install, it proceeds with a message box "Rebooting", after which the phone simply turns off. Then, when I try to turn on the phone in Recovery Mode, it attempts to install the update but claims it failed to update.

I have also tried to "clear cache" as some people have recommended here but to no avail.

Please could someone advise on what to do next?

Thanks!

abhi12345 likes this.
  5. LHammond99
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

LHammond99 , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Both I've tried, numerous times! Any other ideas that isn't a factory reset?

6. Graham Robertson
    Jun 8, 2016

Graham Robertson , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Hi Source was, @SoniaB
    the forum will receive an official posting when the OTA will be resumed.

7. sarunks
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

sarunks , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I got the OTA(India) and updated (dint use vpn), but now my contacts are missing. dialer app is empty. contacts app is showing "Contact list is being updated." for a long time.

8. mad_hup25
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

mad_hup25 , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Many small things are removed. Like the Downloading speed while downloading an app or anything. I really liked that when you type your PIN and the phone automatically unlocks on the right password. Although the fingerprint is faster, that's really good. And the Audio tuner, the Dirac HD feels good in the earphones but it is worse while using speakers. I was kinda happy with the MaxxAudio. And No equalizer!!! Damn.

9. dabendra
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2016

dabendra , Jun 8, 2016 :
    See they now learned from it, and are giving a warning in the OTA post download screen.
    is they did it from the start so many users would have been saved from headaches. :p

AH82 likes this.
  10. micdarau85
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2016

micdarau85 , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Thank you my friend
    The phone is alive
    Everything is working

Attached Files:

Rushabh Gohel likes this.
  11. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jun 8, 2016

PowerSlave and Deactivated User like this.
  12. realfruitloop
    Donut Jun 8, 2016

realfruitloop , Jun 8, 2016 :
    It also no longer vibrates whenever I receive an email, even with the notification switch fully turned on.

13. Cboyd104
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2016

14. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I have no idea.
    Do you still have network signal? Sim card is still recognized? Its just 3G or LTE that is not kicking in? Have you checked APN settings and also made sure your preferred network type is set to LTE?

15. atzs
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

atzs , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I just got mine. I'm in Malaysia. Previously on OOS 3.0.1.

16. frerik
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

frerik , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Yeah! Took some time but it's finally here. Update was smooth without any issues!

17. Graham Robertson
    Jun 8, 2016

SoniaB likes this.
  18. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Yip - looks like they are stepping up the incremental update. Making up for lost time :)

keithnyc and Deactivated User like this.
  19. Thiyagarajan Ranganathan
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

Thiyagarajan Ranganathan , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I've successfully updated but, as per update note, it was mentioned that previous fingerprints will be erased and we have to register again... It didn't get erased, I'm still using the same. I doubt whether it has really updated. But the version in 'about phone' shows Oxygen3.0.2! Anyone else with same issue?

20. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Jun 8, 2016

keithnyc , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Received OTA update this morning at 7:15 am EST and updated from the latest stock OOS.. Installed without a single hitch. One thing I noticed is that all my apps open extremely fast now (most apps, especially messenger, were opening extremely slow previously...). I do sorta miss the "open immediately" after putting in the PIN code (now gotta hit the check mark...no biggie, just one extra tap) but overall quite happy.

Rushabh Gohel and Sahilkum like this.