OxygenOS 3.0.2 (MM) OTA update will start soon on OnePlus 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SYEDALIF
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

SYEDALIF , Jun 8, 2016 :
    That is the marshmallow feature and it should work when you give permissions to WhatsApp... if it isn't working then do it manually: Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions and grant all the permissions.

2. SYEDALIF
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

SYEDALIF , Jun 8, 2016 :
    That's great! Could you please post how the battery backup is after the update? Mine seem to be really bad. Thanks in advance! :)

3. momowaj
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

momowaj , Jun 8, 2016 :
    That works. But when I put all my details in download apps and get phone back to normal, then when I restart my phone, the same thing happens, stays stuck on them 3 dots and says optimising apps 2 of 3. What the hell have oneplus done?

mauri3000 likes this.
  4. Dammon Firoozbakht
    Froyo Jun 8, 2016

Dammon Firoozbakht , Jun 8, 2016 :
    So happy to have finally received the update! I read somewhere that the display colors have been enhanced. Is this correct?

5. SYEDALIF
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

SYEDALIF , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I haven't read that anywhere but I did see a difference in the colours in this update ...

6. Deactivated User
    Jun 8, 2016

7. ffcwickford
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

ffcwickford , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Thanks OnePlus team - have been playing with this update for the last six hours and it is lightning fast at everything!

Will continue to play over the next few days and report back my findings. Everything an operating system should be!

8. Joe_martinn
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

Joe_martinn , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I flashed the official marshmellow Beta from the website, and now when trying to install the update this comes up, any ideas?

Attached Files:

9. Deactivated User
    Jun 8, 2016

10. SYEDALIF
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

SYEDALIF , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Your post is numbered #2307... all the rest 2306 posts are related to bugs sadly... :-(

11. Jokunen1
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

Jokunen1 , Jun 8, 2016 :
    Ubdate sid go well. Not anyproblem. Audio quality is still good im intrrsted to see how new software effect on audio. I don't need Max audio but I understand people who liked it. I think you can get some like that on playstore. Phone feels actually smoother now.. And is really good to get new security packet. Thx :)) not disappointed, I was little scare of that ubdate may get canceled.

12. the_reckoner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2016

the_reckoner , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I installed 3.0.2 by downloading the file and installing it. Just after, OP stopped the OTA rollout for unknown reasons. Now that the OTA seems to be rolling out again should I get the "new" zip and reinstall?

13. Deactivated User
    Jun 8, 2016

14. the_reckoner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2016

the_reckoner , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I updated from 3.0
    Phone is smoother but just a bit slower.
    It charges faster but loses charge quicker (100% charged in the morning becomes 45% at 7PM, it used to be at 60-70% with 3.0 with minimal to no SOT or WiFi connected)
    DiracHD makes the sound a bit better than with nothing but not that much of an improvement.
    I did not clear cache (Isn't optimisation of apps because the cache is cleared?) nor did I do a full data reset.

15. groundziro
    Froyo Jun 8, 2016

groundziro , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I see quite a few people are having the no-ringtone and no vibrate with incoming calls. Here's my experience:

After trying to mess with the settings myself, followed the guides posted on this threads, but nothing worked for me.

Then I stumbled onto something that works : simply move the (physical) notification slider up, and then back down to its lower position. It works, but I have to do it again every time I reboot my phone.

I finally wiped everything except “internal storage”, and did a clean installed the 3.0.2 full zip (following @Naman Bhalla’s guide, using @Grarak’s TWRP recovery). The problem persists, (before and after rooting with the “supersu.zip” from @Naman Bhalla's guide).

TLDR : Move the notification slider up, and then back down, after each reboot. Call ringtones will work (but nothing seems to permantly fix the issue).

Stephen McGuiness likes this.
  16. kamishere
    Donut Jun 8, 2016

kamishere , Jun 8, 2016 :
    When you connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable do you get the sound notification.

17. kognwt
    Donut Jun 8, 2016

kognwt , Jun 8, 2016 :
    I have successfully installed the OTA.

However, I am now experiencing permission issues with numerous apps including Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp - I am unable to activate the storage permission and hence cannot send any photos on these apps.

Please could anyone help? Thanks!

jandekkers126 likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Jun 8, 2016

19. RenevSeeters
    Eclair Jun 8, 2016

RenevSeeters , Jun 8, 2016 :
    OK so i went to the recovery screen and selected wipe data, then wipe cache... the initial installation started...and im back with a working Phone. Also my pictures are there!!! backing them up right now

kaihp and SYEDALIF like this.
  20. realfruitloop
    Donut Jun 8, 2016