OxygenOS 3.0.2 (MM) OTA update will start soon on OnePlus 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Piacentini
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

Chris Piacentini , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi all, have installed the update but since then i have no mobile internet at all, contacts dialling and messaging are all playing up now. Anyone else having same issues?? Any help please Oneplus??
    Also based in UK.

2. Myatu
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Myatu , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I received the OTA and was rather reluctant to install it after reading some posts here, but eventually went for it.

Installation took quite some time, but it did finish without a hitch for me.

There was an issue with enabling access to storage in some apps like WhatsApp and Kaspersky, the latter of which particularly pesky as I could not touch anything on its screen. Turns out it is the "overlay" created by the Twilight app, one of the many apps available that gradually tone down the blue light on your phone at specified times. Simply pausing it allowed me to change the storage settings for any app. So in case that happens to you...

I do miss MaxxAudio, as - for me - there is quite a difference. I suppose I will have to look for some kind of app for this.

The battery life has improved tremendously for me. 82% when I went to bed at 1:30, 80% at 10:30 and still a claimed 3 days remaining. Previously it would be double that consumption.

I haven't encountered the issue with it not ringing / vibrating on incoming calls.

Yes, fingerprints data is wiped after installation, but you are also warned of this prior to installing it. It really is much more reliable / quicker to recognise my fingerprints now.

Wallpaper was also replaced with the default, but no issue there.

First reboot I tried took a bit of time to do, particularly at the red / white dot stage, so did have me worried for a moment, but it worked fine and subsequent reboots are fairly quick.

I do hope that others who had trouble with their update manage to get their phone working again. I've had some upgrades on other brand phones go awry, such as the infamous boot loop, but a data / cache wipe resolved it in all those instances. So do take a backup of important data before you start.

Also, if your phone doesn't start at all due to the boot loop, this is likely because the phone won't charge during that boot stage, so letting it reboot endlessly will drain the battery. Just force shutdown the phone by holding the power button and then let it charge then...

3. puneetrana7
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

puneetrana7 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I would like to see more customization settings like themes, icon packs.
    I hate the scroll down menu of the app drawer also the search bar is always visible there should be settings to hide the search bar and also resize the app drawer menu and have a choice of having to select from scroll down app drawer or the pages one (in previous lollipop version). Please bring this choice for Oneplus users and also we can not minimize the settings too please bring that back again. Hope these changes are available soon. Keep up the good work.

4. carlajgp
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

carlajgp , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi, after downloading the update, the phone turned off to update, so far so good. But the update took over 5 hours. Forced the shutdown and now I am unable turn on the phone. Even in recovery mode it does not turn.
    Please help!

5. Spannaa
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

6. daltocs
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

daltocs , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Zooper template of you want it. Please choose your own colours and fonts to suit.

Will only show the time the battery is 100% charged when charging, otherwise it will be blank.

Attached Files:

7. Mollerz
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Mollerz , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Just updated to this last night and cannot get access to data. I've set up the APN as suggested on the vodafone website (https://apn-uk.gishan.net/settings/1213_4_vodafone_apn_settings_for_oneplus_2.php) however it mentions the OS is Lollipop 5.1 so I'm assuming that is why it doesn't work, the default APN also doesn't work.

I've tried disabling WiFi to see if that activates it (As mentioned somewhere earlier on the thread) but it didn't.

I also tried the obvious phone reboot but that didn't work either.

I'm on Vodafone UK.

8. Zuma
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Zuma , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I Have a lot of other problems, like contacts not showing or gone, Screen overlay problems, have to re-install apps in Safe mode due to @#%!%# screen overlay and RInging problem.

WORKAROUND for your RINGING problem: After every reboot switch the slider on the left to silent and back again.

9. Aj115
    Donut Jun 9, 2016

Aj115 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi, im on 2.2.1 rooted. Can i simply update as normal and keep root. Does anyone have a guide? Really cant risk this bootloop issue ive been reading.

Tia

10. sourabh.manna
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

sourabh.manna , Jun 9, 2016 :
    From Kolkata, India. Got the update last night. Initial feedback - the phone seems faster, the loudspeaker is better. Haven't tried headphones till now. Battery life has improved slightly - over 4 hours of screen time with 23% still left. Fingerprint scanner is super responsive and unlocks the phone instantly. App drawer is annoying and have to scroll instead of swipe.

11. hipponax_
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

hipponax_ , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Well, I had updated my oneplus 2 yesterday through the regular OTA from India.I have had no issues so far. After the update the phone stopped ringing though, pretty small hitch though. I found out that the ringer volume had automatically turned to 0. If anyone has this issue try to :
    1. Move the alert slider 2-3 times from silent to all notifications.
    2. Go to settings> sound and notifications and raise the volume of ringer.
    Also, I don't know if it existed earlier but I detected an ambient display in my phone quite like the moto display, was it already present? Its great though.
    The Update is excellent, the phone is quite snappy, camera is good especially the HDR processing is much faster.

Sahilkum likes this.
  12. Hiren05
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Hiren05 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I think you didn't went through all forums, ONEPLUs already released 3.0.0 n 3.0.1 which updates had bug,that we can understand. When they are providing 3.0.2 via OTA this update is also not bug free and all other brand phone already got MM proper update. U need to do some research before opening your mouth to anywhere.

13. Nbodapati
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Nbodapati , Jun 9, 2016 :
    it's highly unsatisfied, after update Call log/Contacts not updating, phone stuck more often. battery drain too fast.

14. Nagrenol
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

Nagrenol , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I am really not happy with the move from maxxaudio to dirac hd. The sound is so dead and flat, I quite liked having the customization for my music/movies. Now I have to go through a blast of crappy EQ apps to try get a reasonable sound, most likely will have to buy an app to get something remotely decent.

The option to close all of the recent app windows with one press seems to be gone or am I missing something. You can only do it individually which is quite annoying and time consuming if you've been opening a lot of apps etc
    If the ability is still there to close them all, where is it and why was it totally removed. It would make more sense to allow all to be removed by one click and individually and with the new lock feature.

15. taruncool01
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

taruncool01 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I am on rooted OOS 3.0.1 with twrp. If i perform an OTA of the 3.0.2 update, will it be successful?

16. rjbhatt159
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

rjbhatt159 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Helen,

There are so many other threads going on where people are facing issues with the latest update to android MM.
    Their phones have gone black. My brothers phone also got screwed. It just doesn't want to start. I have been reading on many forums about this issue since the past 5 hours and now I am scared of updating it on my phone.

Why isn't oneplus commenting on any of these threads?
    Wasn't the beta test full proof?
    Why has this update affected so many people?

Chris Piacentini likes this.
  17. Nikhil Sachan
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Nikhil Sachan , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I am not able to understand as it is is saying problem while installing. What should i do?

Attached Files:

18. haroonxiddiqui
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

19. rvellis
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

rvellis , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Downloaded and installed, appears OK but some gestures no longer work.

20. rvellis
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

rvellis , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Reboot and it should install.