Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

3. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jun 9, 2016

SoniaB , Jun 9, 2016 :
    check your PM also

4. Spannaa
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

Spannaa , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Settings > Apps > three dots > Reset app preferences > RESET APPS should sort the issue but the challenge is to get the OTA to do this automatically for just the Google apps that cause the bootloop issue.

kaihp and SoniaB like this.
  5. delikatessa
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

6. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Yip - that is what I told users to do (the ones that read the warning on the OTA and asked how they enabled google services). I don't know if it would be possible to get the OTA to do it automatically ... permissions would be the issue, no?

Spannaa likes this.
  7. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 9, 2016 :
    What is the issue that you have?

8. Spannaa
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

Spannaa , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Probably...

9. Denniske1976
    Donut Jun 9, 2016

Denniske1976 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Karthick V's solution worked for me, but I did:

Boot into recovery mode, select English, select Wipe Data & Cache -> Wipe Cache... and then reboot (didn't choose Done). Let it shut down again (as it still gave me boot loops) and reboot into Recovery Mode again. Then selected again English -> Wipe Data & Cache -> Wipe Data and after another reboot I have a blue Start/Welcome screen :)

kaihp likes this.
  10. shahraj1984
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

shahraj1984 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I've got a bootloop issue too. Whats the best solution to fix this? My phone has died from looping

11. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Congrats on getting it resolved. Wipe cache is the first solution, if that does not work then wipe data and cache is solution 2. If that does not work, then there is a little bit more involved.
    Glad the wipe data and cache sorted it for you :)

12. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jun 9, 2016 :
    First of all - charge your phone.
    I am sending you a PM with details. Check that out

13. shahraj1984
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

shahraj1984 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Thanks Sonia

SoniaB likes this.
  14. Rushabh Gohel
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2016

Rushabh Gohel , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Naman Bhalla this guy has changed your gender..:tongueout:

SoniaB likes this.
  15. chexny
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

chexny , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Yeah - same issue here but after 10+ reboots still getting the same error message. I am running the 3.0 beta. Not rooted.

to repeat - dl'ed the update. click install and get error message that cannot update at this time, try again later.

16. mdcoll
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

mdcoll , Jun 9, 2016 :
    The update worked well, and so far everything seemed to be smooth. I am grateful that the boot loop hasn't happened to me like many other users that brought the issue up.

I wanted to know if the update changed the way you press the back/home/tab buttons on the bottom of the phone. Before the update (2.X), whenever I press the buttons, it would make one vibration tap. After the update (3.0.2.), whenever I press them, it feels like I pressed it twice. It feels like a sudden double tap, but the functionality remains the same. Is that suppose to happen with this new update, or is that a bug/glitch?

17. Chris Piacentini
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

Chris Piacentini , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I know, have been to vodafone and he did the APN to get my mobile network back. Now I just have issues syncing my contacts throughout the phone, but i believe many peeps are having trouble with this right?

18. pendragon
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

pendragon , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Installed it this morning. Besides one thing everything went very smooth and it's working great. The one thing was after I downloaded the update I wanted to start the install, but it gave me an error that it wasn't able to install. I restarted my phone, tried again and it installed right away. OTA update was from version 3.0. Thanks for this update!!

19. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 9, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Try to alter position of alert slider. It should help.

I also have this issue. Please PM me.
    What do you PM though ?

I think she is a girl? BTW Neelam Bhalla actually is my relative :D

Rushabh Gohel, groundziro and SoniaB like this.
  20. con_choa01
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

con_choa01 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    so far so good. i fully charge my phone before i sleep and unplug it to put it on my night stand as an alarm. battery life in the morning was 90% (after 7 hours off), which is normal. everything else seems ok. my phone is stock. only cleared the cached data from the settings; storage & usb after the update. never had a problem after all the updates. definitely faster in all regards. sound quality is the same to me so far.