OxygenOS 3.0 Q&A with Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsst22 Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

dsst22, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Any plans to allow users to change DPI. It looks so big and ugly right now. I changed it myself, but others might not know how. It looks like the icon size is made for people with visual disabilities.

rahuljamuar, LaukikD and AntMunny like this.
  2. procras89 Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

3. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

Helen, Jun 9, 2016 :
    OPX will get an MM update, we are working on it.

4. sarjasu Donut Jun 9, 2016

sarjasu, Jun 9, 2016 :
    after yesterday's update noticing below issues so far
    1. Phone ringer having an issue for incoming calls i.e there was no sound, even though ringing volume was full
    2. FM or Radio has been taken out???
    3. There was a option to change the wallpaper for Lockscreen from Display option. however that option is no longer there anywhere on the phone

5. Vasilachi Eugeniu Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

Attached Files:

6. bestlands KitKat Jun 9, 2016

bestlands, Jun 9, 2016 :
    As I understand the paranoid android team could update multiple devices in a monthly bases, as the team transformed to build oxygen os what was the 2x delay that plagued software updates, why weren't they given more priority as there are only 2 devices you needed to work with?

7. kencck05 Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

kencck05, Jun 9, 2016 :
    I am happy to see this thread...
    I think the os 3.0.2 update is good as my op2 become faster..
    However, just one problem I feel a bit regret to update
    After the update, i re-add the fingerprint and then it is no longer work and can't sense my finger to unlock the phone...
    This function is really important and convenient to me...hope you can fix it...maybe in os 3.0.3 please!

8. prashanthsun9 Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

prashanthsun9, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Phone charging speed has been decreased drastically, it shows it will take 18 hrs to fully charge from 18% of battery power, what is with that?

9. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

10. udithshah24 Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

udithshah24, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi, i am not able to get Debug over Network(Wifi) option in Developer Options after updating to Oxygen OS 3.0.2. Can you please help me find that option or tell me a way turning it on?

11. Gaurav Rohilla Lollipop Jun 9, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla, Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Helen why so many FPS dead issues and what measures have you people taken to prevent it from oneplus 3? and the chrome bezel surrounding the FPS gets chipped off after some months , what precautions are taken to prevent this too?

12. Juned Shaikh Froyo Jun 9, 2016

Juned Shaikh, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Sound Quality is very poor on OP2

Where is Dirac HD sound service???

I suggest you to plz provide stable Maxx audio again to make happy your Oneplus User.

13. rohit.agwal Eclair Jun 9, 2016

rohit.agwal, Jun 9, 2016 :
    What are the workarounds of the key problems after upgrade - Ringer not working and Contacts not visible

14. bratikant Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

bratikant, Jun 9, 2016 :
    After getting the alert for upgrade, I completed the upgrade successfully. But my phone is not ringing when someone calling me. No ring sound, also not vibrating.
    Checked the Sound and Alert settings, seems everything fine.

Any suggestion to resolve this issue...

Just now, I shutdown the mobile, kept shutdown for 2 minutes. After starting the phone ringer is working.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

15. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

obakesan, Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Helen how are features like max audio decided on in order to keep or drop. is it commercial was it a huge license fee or strategic for example. When OOS first came out it was hyped with max audio but now it's gone. sounds OK so far but worried that features get dropped or added randomly between releases.

What's best way to report bugs or issues we find with the OS. Have you considered having a public Jira or maybe Trello board to see the progress and status

16. Gaurav Rohilla Lollipop Jun 9, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla, Jun 9, 2016 :
    check the alert slider.

17. F_Nazmush_Shakib_kqks Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

F_Nazmush_Shakib_kqks, Jun 9, 2016 :
    After updating to oxygenos 3.0.2, fingerprint of oneplus two is not working. Give me a solution as soon as possible. Regards.

Attached Files:

18. bjornknoop Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

bjornknoop, Jun 9, 2016 :
    i have no big problems untill with the new OTA everythings works perfect for me.
    only charging times are slow
    and my op2 doesn't seem to go into doze mode because in stand by it just discharges normally and in my pocket it discharges like 10% or more each 30 minutes when i am cycling

Umang Dua and Sandeep Poddar like this.
  19. Tobikage Nougat Jun 9, 2016

Tobikage, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Seems to have been spilled over to other tech sites too.

We know it can never be completely open source.

Device trees , Kernel already have been open for all OP devices I think.

otto2 and bestlands like this.
  20. rohit.agwal Eclair Jun 9, 2016

rohit.agwal, Jun 9, 2016 :
    Not working with that. I moved alert slider to different points but its still not ringing.

Sahilkum likes this.