OxygenOS 3.0 Q&A with Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmiebach
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

dmiebach , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Helen What makes it so difficult to give us a vague hint when we can expect MM update for the OP X. I´m already thinking of getting rid of my device cause I'm really not satisfied with current Oxygen 2.2.1 containing some bugs that not have been resolved yet.

The OP X really offers nice hardware but it is all ruined with the lag of proper SW maintainance and the lag of information given by your company.

The worst thing is we are talking about your newest device released 7 month ago, not about an outdated device.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

2. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jun 9, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi Helen !
    I also want to know about VoLTE support for OPO,OP2 and OPX .Almost every other phone in India is getting that via an OTA as Reliance Jio launch is almost here.What about the OnePlus devices ?
    Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Naman.

3. d1beats
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2016

4. viveksingh20629
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

viveksingh20629 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Urgent!!!
    While updating my Oneplus 2 OS it my phone got hanged....and it is showing that screen with one big Red dot and two small while dots rotating around it.I have even tried hard rebooting my phone it does not move ahead of that screen.It just shows android is starting (optimizing app 1 of 3) and then those dots come.
    this happening for last 3 hrs.Please help Oneplus team @Helen ,I am not able to use my phone and take call due to this.

5. MaximGoh
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

MaximGoh , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Fix the call ringtone first...basic phone function cannot drag too long(luckily we have temporary solution...every restart, slide up and slide way back down to get it works again) ... no audio tuner, the sound especially ringtone sound is bad quality. Bluetooth connection to my moto360 2nd gen seems ok, luckily.

krv09 and Sahilkum like this.
  6. ProtOne
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

lahratla, Nvds, yash singh and 6 others like this.
  7. mauttttt
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

mauttttt , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi!
    I did the update last night. Sad to see my One Plus 2 won't start anymore.. He keeps loading on the startscreen. First I see the logo, then the red ball in the middle with the 2 white ones around it. After a few minutes is see the dots form the logo and it says my phone will start. But after that it begins from the start again. What to do?

8. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

mukulagrawal , Jun 9, 2016 :
    i recently got the ota update, i had done the beta update befor but after the ota my phone is stuck on the oneplu logo screen not able to do anything tired formatting data but dint help. some else facing same issue pls help me out as not able to use my phone pls m really sacrd as i have not rooted nor dont anything that is not provided my one plus

9. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Jun 9, 2016

Deactivated User and Sahilkum like this.
  10. niadh
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

niadh , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Jermome Alex Thanks, that works on the status bar whilst on lock screen. Not really a concern for me though. I just want to be able to unlock the phone with the fingerprint scanner, which I cannot do with regularity.

11. Aabrakadabra
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

Aabrakadabra , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Helen Please ensure we get a platform where we can not only just report bugs but also give suggestions in improving the OS. We have quite a few threads but they feel more like a platform to vent out frustrations rather than any constructive thing happening. That is partly because of lack of communication from the company's side on any of those threads.

Also, can we have more regular updates / patches released to improve the OS on a more continuous basis. Can't remember that many in last few months.

lahratla, kpmak, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  12. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

mukulagrawal , Jun 9, 2016 :
    i also have same probel buy in my care the logo is comming

13. Dan 1+2
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Dan 1+2 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    So; no phone = no business, it's consuming charge like a p*ss head in bar, so leaving it charging at home whilst the white dots chase each other around the red dot, and every now and then it states starting 1 of 2 apps. Oh the dots disappeared up their own ars3s and now screen is blank....Great...NOT

14. kshitij1
    Donut Jun 9, 2016

kshitij1 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi @Helen ,after updating to Android marsh the op2 seems to have very poor memory management as compared to lollipop version..and also the sound quality is a little bit off the track,will this be fixed in the upcoming updates??

victuringan likes this.
  15. mariusz333
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

mariusz333 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Why so many harsh comments? The new update is very good and the device works better than before. I think you should be more grateful for OnePlus team for delivering such a great product.

2wheelgeek, otto2 and Rusty NZ like this.
  16. Red_Devil2106
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

Red_Devil2106 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    QUOTE="Eshan_Anand, post: 14926109, member: 698714"]Works fine here.
    per custom I could only suggest to clean flash :)[/QUOTE]
    @Eshan_Anand Thats factory reset and update right (Sorry I don't know much about this kind of stuff ....)

17. rohit.agwal
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

rohit.agwal , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Only for you. I have to create an account on this forum today since the phone isn't working. Neither the contacts nor ringers are working.

18. amanallstar
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

amanallstar , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Since you launch a new phone every 6 months, and you expect people to keep using new products, I want to give a suggestion to launch 'Exchange 'offers for existing customers. As it is very difficult for a common man to keep updating phones every six months due to budget issues.

Also I would like to say the User Interface for the dark theme is too much vibrant, though the icon looks sharp but it doesn't look great.

19. dmiebach
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

dmiebach , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Can you confirm the same for OP X?

Mr. BG, keval_97 and otto2 like this.
  20. marinobiagio
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

marinobiagio , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Thanks @Helen for Q&A thread this is what we need (i very disappointed the lack of communication of the last months) anyway..
    • Will you release monthly update with security patches and bugfix or we will wait for OOS 3.1?
    • Will you reintroduce AudioTuner (I'm not talking about Maxxaudio, but a GUI for DiracHD)?
    • Why you remove Maxxaudio (I'm courious)?

Good to hear this! :)

OT:
    Cerberus works fine be sure to give all permission.