OxygenOS 3.1.0 (Marshmallow) Community Build for OnePlus X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahdc
    Eclair Aug 23, 2016

ahdc , Aug 23, 2016 :
    I did this an I am on 3.1.0 but because of some bugs in the rom, mobile network is dead. It shows no sim inserted. So need to go back to stock 2.2.0.

Can you tell me the steps to go back to stock 2.2.0?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016

2. yasasviraman
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

yasasviraman , Aug 23, 2016 :
    multiple issues detected .
    1) cant root
    2) cant install custom recovery
    3) when alert slider is in silent and the media volume is zero , no music output when headset is connected (i think there should be a separate option for that)
    4) cant acess music fx from stock oneplus music app .

ps:

if any one know the fix or if im wrong please correct me . Thank you .

3. Leonard Muke
    Froyo Aug 23, 2016

Leonard Muke , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Antutu Benchmarks are improved as well...in the last test with 3.1.0, I got 57846 points, I think this is quite remarkable for the snapdragon 801

Aarchish Jindal likes this.
  4. lehoon
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

lehoon , Aug 23, 2016 :
    After I disabled the Google app, the mic changed to the phone on the lock screen.

sumeetsinghj800 likes this.
  5. vash_85
    Eclair Aug 23, 2016

vash_85 , Aug 23, 2016 :
    The bugs that I find for now are:
    1)If I chose a different colour for notification led it doesn't applicated, all notifications appears in green.
    2)In lock screen before there was 3 icons: one for phone, one for unlocking device and one for photo, now the one with phone isn't present yet at it place now there is a icon with a microphone.

6. raja.d
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2016

raja.d , Aug 23, 2016 :

do you have unlocked Reliance Jio Sim or The sim comes with Lyf Handset?

7. migueldbr
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

migueldbr , Aug 23, 2016 :

I ended up doing it even though i dont trust kingroot much...but i got supersu now. Everything works fine.

Btw after tunning the cpu, this rom flies. Marshmallow really makes a difference on this device

surprisingly stable for a community rom. No apps force closing. Everything seems to be working (but im still testing things).

Fataldose likes this.
  8. f3d3b
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

f3d3b , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Testing it since a couple of days and didn't encounter any issue but one: when using Google Duo people cannot hear my voice when I am using the phone's built in microphone, but everything is fine when I use a headset.
    I am unsure if it's a problem of the rom or the app. If someone still on Oxygen 2.x could confirm, that would be great!

9. joseccsantos
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

joseccsantos , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Well I'm having a very good experience! 1st day and battery was good, radio fm no problems, apps didnt crash! Now I can delete photos from the gallery without having to delete them from sd card with file manager. But it was only one day...

Requests =) :

- Save different FM radio stations
    - Pin unlock now needs ok, when before it unlocked if the pin was right (i cant find this option and it was there in 2.2.0)
    - continue to update our loved oneplus x =p

Thanks to oneplus especially to the developers involved in this build!

10. danian87
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

danian87 , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Have you given permissions to the app?
    If not: settings-apps-duo- permissions

11. danian87
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

danian87 , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Google search on lockscreen is a MM feature. It isn't OP choice.

12. Peter Fazekas
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2016

Peter Fazekas , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Better late than never, thanks OnePlus! I've been using the community build all day and the only problem I had was apps previously installed to the SD card breaking, but a reinstall of the apps fixed that one.

13. fecfecfec
    Donut Aug 24, 2016

fecfecfec , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Actually there is, is one of the new features of Marshmallow.
    Just tried what you said and it's not happening to me. When you have the slider in silent, notifications sound is 0 but there is a slider for media volume. Just hit the volume rocker and click on the arrow on the far right to select which volume to change.

Also check that your Silent Settings enable Media sounds and Alarms.

14. liewkj
    Froyo Aug 24, 2016

liewkj , Aug 24, 2016 :
    My review for OxygenOS 3.1.0, updated from OOS 2.2.2 to OOS 3.1.0 Phone is 100% stock, no-rooted and stock recovery.
    - I used the phone for workplace Exchange email which requires phone encryption. OOS 3.1.0 did not install if data partition is encrypted as in my case. I was forced to do a factory reset from Android (OOS 2.2.2) before I can install it. I had filed a bug for this issue to OnePlus. Factory reset from OnePlus stock recovery did not work as it did not seem to be able to access encrypted data partition since it never prompt for my PIN.
    - OnePlus X E1005 US, Carrier is AT&T. No-LTE.
    - After OOS 3.1.0 update, I basically loved it so much. Thanks!
    - Everything works as expected compared to OOS 2.2.2
    - WiFi, cellular data (HSPA), bluetooth
    - Phone encryption
    - Gesture (double-tap to wake)
    - Adaptive brightness - much better calibration than OOS 2.2.2
    - Native SIP VOIP calls
    - GPS + Google Maps navigation​
    - Difference from OOS 2.2.2 (not neccessary a bug)
    - Quick unlock is removed, probably due to security issue, but a lot of people like this, including me, despite the security risk.
    - Media playback - WMA10/Pro removed. I don't usually expect this for stock Android, but OOS 2.2.2 includes this.
    - OnePlus Gallery - able to delete photos/videos from microSD
    - Google Play, Newstand, Docs, Sheets, Slides removed. You need to get them from Play store.​
    Overall, I think I am impressed. I won't look back into OOS 2.2.2. Even Google has stopped Lollipop update on AOSP. Marshmallow is going to stay.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

fdroko likes this.
  15. peekie
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2016

peekie , Aug 24, 2016 :
    after seeing the first post i downloaded the rom and official recovery , but as yet have not updated my x , mainly because at present i have cm nightly installed and like the daily updates it gives , plus live screen is cool as well , the rom works perfectly including adapted storage , so at present i do not see the point in going backwards to a buggy rom which has lost most of the cool features of mm, as for the update there is an interview on pocketnow with oneplus where they said the x would get the update in the first quarter of 2016 which has long passed , its nice to see oneplus finally giving out the rom , but its a shame they dont offer pure android as an option a sort of nexus rom , one plus are very slow in updates seeing as they only had 3 phones till now , compared to htc which has a simular look as oneplus they manage to update thier newer phones within 3 months from the m8 to m10 these phones are up to date , i wont be buying a op3 as it looks too much like the one m9 and going on the updates so far for older models i cant see android n coming for upto a year from now on the op3 , oneplus is a small company yes but screwing its customers will never make the company any bigger than it is as i see oneplus falling way behind the other small china phones if they are not carefull.

glennlear and fdroko like this.
  16. InariIX
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2016

InariIX , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Dude you are a freaking life saver!

17. Alfred Albert
    Froyo Aug 24, 2016

Alfred Albert , Aug 24, 2016 :
    there is a setting for number 3. go to setting>alert slider>silent setting.

18. xyberxy
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2016

xyberxy , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Still no proper/auto do not disturb needs alert slider manually picking the modes

Youtube lags seems to be fix on this

I thought this is Nougat haha

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

19. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

fdroko , Aug 24, 2016 :
    tomorrow I'll upload my analysis, and I'm pretty happy with this rom

20. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

sumantamca , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Yes, I do have unlocked Jio sim and working VOLTE on other handsets.