OxygenOS 3.1.0 OTA update will start soon on OnePlus 2

1. dejan16v
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2016

dejan16v , Sep 6, 2016 :
    People, please stop arguing and from now on please keep this tread clean and related to current update.

2. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 6, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 6, 2016 :
    It's doze causing issues. If you check the battery optimisation settings just remove things like whatsapp or facebook from being optimised

SoniaB likes this.
  3. dejan16v
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2016

dejan16v , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Personally I think there is misleading version numbering of this update.
    This one should NOT be 3.1.0 because it only bring bug fixes. It should be 3.0.3.

When OP offers something really new and important then it should care new number like 3.1.0.
    Now when people see 3.1.0 they expect something new and catching up with OP3 similar version number.
    But it is NOT.

Anyway damage is done, and lets go on.
    Careful with next version numbering
    , otherwise you could name it 4.0.0

kpmak, Vector, AkileshAkil and 2 others like this.
  4. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Sep 6, 2016

gusuraman , Sep 6, 2016 :
    I'd like to point out one thing that I personally find equally derogatory, but in the opposite direction.
    When someone say that India is more important or that India should be prioritized, it is derogatory, as you put yourself above the others. I've seen these kind of comments countless times.
    When you post on this forum you are not negotiating with OnePlus, but talking with users/customers like you. So the number of customers in Indian doesn't make Indians more important or entitled to any special attention or treatment. So no one request is more important than other's.
    Using your country of origin to argument or silence/diminish other users is inappropriate and and offensive.

This happened before the opo launch in India, it happened with the invites for every phone, it happened when the time of op2 launch was announced and it's happening now with the VoLTE.
    I have nothing against Indians as I don't for any other country. But I can't avoid to notice the pattern. There were many countries left out at beginning, but only Indians spammed the forum demanding their country to be included.
    Everyone was eagerly waiting for an invite, but only Indians used their country of origin as an argument to be prioritized... Spamming the forum.
    The op2 launch was at 4 am in EU and 7.30 am in India. EU users were debating if to stay up all night or not. Indian users accused oneplus to be disrespectful towards India.
    US has volte service, some EU country as well, but only Indians are spamming the forum demanding it.

I kindly ask all Indian users to believe me when I say we understand why you want/need what you are asking. But the way you are doing it is spam.
    As @SoniaB said spamming this forum won't help you to obtain what you want. You will only upset other users who will eventually will be racist with you.
    And we want to keep this community a nice and respectful space for everyone, regardless of their country of origin or beliefs

drtrojan, camohan, kevinpc97 and 10 others like this.
  5. 7lives
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2016

7lives , Sep 6, 2016 :
    will look into this. ty :)

jkb114 likes this.
  6. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

Ghost_Hunter6199 , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Thank you for resolving issues, but can you tell me is this update patch resolve the VoLTE issue that long time waited

7. Partha.Barman
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2016

Partha.Barman , Sep 6, 2016 :
    This came too late too little. Moreover, I see an incremental ignorance in providing OP2 updates lately. Imagine the time taken to upgrade to Marshmallow.. more than 6 months. I see these above updates came very late and that too after so many days post Marshmallow implementation.

I believe the problem is that you have scattered your development teams who are either overworked and or doing development for OP3. Such delays are not acceptable as we are not the lower lever customers or I'd have choosen to buy a Motorola, Lenevo etc. I'll pull this issue on Social Media for sure. Let the world know the inside of OnePlus.

8. m1tch3m
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2016

m1tch3m , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Really... If it was important you would of read the thread. Read 2 posts behind yours for a very detailed reply from @gusuraman about this...

9. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

If you go through the spec sheet, Thier is listing of band and frequency supported by opt that and in in India band 20 is used for LTE network and Jio is using same band for VoLTE. Thats the reason we all disagreed

10. dermoge
    Donut Sep 6, 2016

11. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

My dear friend ,
    If you get unlimited free call all over the world then you will be needing Jio and VoLTE.
    It's free call that they are expecting to happen.
    I don't know where are you from but if some carrier provides free call so anyone will be asking the hot fix for that.

12. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

Hehehe
    Let's try again

13. dermoge
    Donut Sep 6, 2016

dermoge , Sep 6, 2016 :
    did this now two times...

14. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

Dear moderator,
    This is the sign that one plus has greater sale and and more importantly loyle consumer in India . You should be happy. That one plus is most favorite brand in India.

And regards of VoLTE is your carrier giving lifetime free call on VoLTE is yes it's good if not then I can't do any thing . We are getting the first privileg for free call hence they are spamming about hot fix for VoLTE . We Indian are crazy and smart about how it save the money when we talk all night with our love once.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016

sachin.96.agarwal likes this.
  15. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

16. Ghost_Hunter6199
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

Sorry my bad forget to refresh the page lol

m1tch3m likes this.
  17. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Sep 6, 2016

SoniaB , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Did you download the zip to your laptop/pc or download to your phone direct?

18. Nimesh. P
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2016

Nimesh. P , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Have you set the home button to do other actions on double tap or hold? If so, try disabling it. It may help.

19. dermoge
    Donut Sep 6, 2016

dermoge , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Tried both, not working. Fails to update!
    I will try to download and install the "OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_020_all_1608262242" now...

20. Vishnu Reddy Katreddy
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2016

Vishnu Reddy Katreddy , Sep 6, 2016 :
    When we will get VoLTE update for OPT. we are waiting from long time...