OxygenOS 3.2.0 OTA - SIM-Problem?

1. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

Karthik Raghavan , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I'm curious, how many of the people who lost their IMEI got an official OTA on a stock phone and how many flashed it using custom recovery or adb sideload.

If the OP can add a poll, it might be useful to take stock of this to diagnose the problem:

a) fully stock, official OTA
    b) fully stock, flashed OTA with adb
    c) fully stock, flashed full ROM with adb
    d) TWRP, flashed full ROM zip

Any other scenarios?

2. PhilipTruong
    Donut Jul 5, 2016

Hassan_Abdul likes this.
  3. Damarus
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Damarus , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I tried c and d. Same results. I also tried flashing the OTA over TWRP.

4. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

Was the ROM zip from the same region as your phone, or a different one? I honestly do not know yet if this matters, but just trying to cover all bases in figuring out what could be wrong here.

Same question, was the zip for your region? And to the best of my knowledge, you cannot flash OTA over TWRP, it requires stock recovery. Tell me if this is what happened in your case: 1st, you flashed OTA over TWRP, it failed. 2nd, you found that you had stock recovery again and flashed the full ROM with adb, it did not work. 3rd, you put TWRP back on it and tried flashing the full ROM zip again, it did not work.

Is that the sequence of events?

5. Damarus
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Damarus , Jul 5, 2016 :
    They can all be flashed over TWRP. Also it doesn't seem like there are region-specific updates. The download from the auto updater is identical with the zip I used, but downloaded from Androidfilehost.

6. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

Are you sure that the OTA works on TWRP? I could have sworn I saw various people say it needed stock recovery to flash, but I may be wrong. Region specificity, it doesn't seem like it is not the same as its NOT region specific :) Again, I have no idea about this, have asked in multiple forums and never got a sure answer for it.

That said, what was your actual sequence of events, since you said you tried three different ways and none worked?

7. Damarus
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Damarus , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Yes I'm absolutely positive that you can flash the OTA zips via TWRP. I'm not really sure in what order I tried the different ways. But I always flashed back to 3.1.2 in between, so it really shouldn't matter.

8. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

The reason why I am curious about the sequence is because I suspect that first flash may be the one that borked it. The only case Ive seen where the IMEI went missing was on a Samsung S3, and the problem there was an incorrect firmware (wrong region!) that had a slightly different partition table and messed up the EFS partition. I don't know exactly how it works, but any firmware other than the one that was last on it with the IMEI would not work on that phone. I eventually set it right after weeks of research by manually rewriting the IMEI to the phone and then hitting reset and flashing from scratch.

So in this case, my first point of investigation will be that first flash and if and how it might have flashed the EFS partition wrong. If that can be ruled out, then we can consider other possibilities, but for that we need to establish that you and at least one or two others on this thread did the same first flash that caused the same problem for all of you.

9. PhilipTruong
    Donut Jul 5, 2016

PhilipTruong , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I downloaded the 3.2.0 full ROM from these forums. Perhaps i should wait until the OTA refreshes in my region. As i understand, Hong Kong version should be the same version as those in UK, Europe, in fact the order item on my order page lists my model as OnePlus 3 Graphite (UK). Anyway, back to 3.1.2 until OP sort this out.

10. gtube
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

gtube , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I have A3000 US model. adb sideload OTA full to 3.2 works fine.

11. PhilipTruong
    Donut Jul 5, 2016

PhilipTruong , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I am in Hong Kong and just received the System Update notice for 3.2.0

Since flashing the OTA and Full ROM Zip on my A3003 results in no IMEI number, i'd like to try to update via System Update to see if there is any difference.

I am on TWRP, rooted and xposed. Do I need to un-xposed, un-root and go back to Stock Recovery for System Update OTA to work properly?

12. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

As far as I know, yes, un-xposed, un-rooted and stock recovery. BUT, @Damarus is confident that stock recovery is not a necessity, so I would just un-root and try. Xposed will cease to work when you unroot anyway.

13. PhilipTruong
    Donut Jul 5, 2016

14. MarwiN
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

MarwiN , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Same Problem here. No root , no twrp, no nothing. After OTA update to 3.2 SIM-cards didn't work anymore and no more IMEIs :(
    Phone get very warm and doesn't work good.
    I did the update with display in night mode, after the update the night mode was still on but the display was not in night mode.
    Maybe they needs a wipe?

A3003
    Germany
    SIM1: Congstar D1, 1 week old
    SIM2: mobilcom-debitel D1, 3 weeks old

Edit: i used SIP-accounts too

Screenshot_20160705-055257.png Screenshot_20160705-060657.png

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

15. DooMMasteR
    Eclair Jul 5, 2016

DooMMasteR , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I also made no modifications at all to my phone.
    Got the official update and it seemed to update just fine but then the SIM issue started so I went back to 3.1.2 with sideload via stock recovery

16. thomasstolz
    Eclair Jul 5, 2016

SerLev likes this.
  17. Hassan_Abdul
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

Hassan_Abdul , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I do have a vodafone variant and it works perfectly, flashed the full rom

18. Hassan_Abdul
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

Hassan_Abdul , Jul 5, 2016 :
    trying to flash OTA via TWRP will give you ERROR 7

19. Thomas Wucher
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Thomas Wucher , Jul 5, 2016 :
    That's interesting, I also had a SIP account (German Telekom). Maybe that information helps the developers to reproduce the problem.

Flashing the OTA via TWRP works. There's even an official guide here in the forums: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...root-non-root-users-without-data-loss.451853/

rarog likes this.
  20. inffy
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

inffy , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Have any of you tried to do a factory reset and after that flash the full rom of OOS 3.2?

Or just do a factory reset and test again?