OxygenOS 3.2.0 OTA update will start soon on OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VBH
    Froyo Jul 6, 2016

VBH , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Yesterday I encountered some unexpected issue. I have been following the discussion about OP3 fingerprint reader in pocket issue. My OP3 also started vibrating in my pocket yesterday. I was afraid that this issue started for me too. Then, when I went for a walk later, I noticed that it was not happening now. Later I realized that the vibration was not coming from the failed attempts of the fingerprint scanner, but from the haptic feedback of capacitive buttons on either side, when my screen accidentally turned on in my pocket. With the screen properly off, there was no issues.

Why the long winded monologue? I guess, at-least for a small portion of the people with this issue, the cause of the phone vibrating in pocket randomly could be because their screen is on and not the fingerprint sensor.

Karthik Raghavan and Sahilkum like this.
  2. hjano
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

3. cloudiercom
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2016

cloudiercom , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Still no way to block calls.
    Still no App access manager.

The two only features i miss from Cyanogen, otherwise it's perfect.

4. kojaraty
    Froyo Jul 6, 2016

kojaraty , Jul 6, 2016 :
    What is your issue with Chromecast?

5. jimmyhk
    Donut Jul 6, 2016

jimmyhk , Jul 6, 2016 :
    I don't know how to flash the 3.2.0 to my one plus 3 so I am afraid that the only thing I can do is wait for their OTA restart. I wanna say WTF ?!??!?!??!?!?!?? How long does it takes ??!?!?!??!?!?!??!??

6. LesleySnijder
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

7. hjano
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

hjano , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Take it easy :) please read this... and follow the steps point by point.. with the FULL ROM!!! its very easy .. so do not afraid to do that... http://www.stechguide.com/oxygenos-3-2-0-for-oneplus-3/ ... point 5. ==> read this http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_3.1.2/ ... than go to step 6. :) U can do it! ... BUT !!! If U have a SIP account, than delete it first from your phone, reboot, and then do the upgrade.

8. LesleySnijder
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

LesleySnijder , Jul 6, 2016 :
    -->Download an install 'adb' for windows or linux.
    -->Enable usb debug and advanced reboot in the developers settings. (OP3)
    -->Connect the OP3 with your computer
    -->Restart the OP3 in recovery mode
    -->choose install from adb sideload
    --> Open command prompt in the 'adb' folder (hold shift, right mouse click)
    --> Type in: adb sideload .................. <-- copy and paste the .zip file link
    --> The OP3 will update as official

NO ROOT NEEDED!!

pas-pas likes this.
  9. jimmyhk
    Donut Jul 6, 2016

jimmyhk , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Hi, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I only have iPAD pro 9.7 on hand so it's impossible to do any flash. Hope they will start again ASAP.
    So sad.

10. jatink007
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

jatink007 , Jul 6, 2016 :
    True. I also miss it a lot!! Also the automatic night mode

xAn0nYm3x likes this.
  11. gjdass
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

gjdass , Jul 6, 2016 :
    I really don't regret not buying the phone. It was obvious that kind of things would happened. It started with the OnePlus 2, it continues with the OnePlus 3. Bad software based on a good idea but not very well executed.
    OTA won't fix all the bugs, and there will be less OTA in some months, and no more in 6 months (with 1 security patch every 3 months). OP3 will have Android N 8-9 months after its release.

At the end, the feeling is not good. I tried with OP2 and OPX. Everytime, the same thing.

Low cost ... has a price :)

Such a shame. It's ruining the OnePlus original message "Never settle".

12. Professorchaos1
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

Professorchaos1 , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Apple or Samsung or LG or any other manufacturer aren't perfect either...The grass is always greener. People will always have things to complain about. I had things to bicker about too with my Moto X Play, too low RAM, adoptable storage was BS because most apps don't allow storage on external SD, QC2 heats up the phone during charging...minor things but still things that people talk about. I think OP3 is amazing. Nothing compares in the price range and OP is trying hard to please all the haters.

13. gopinathr
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

gopinathr , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Hmmm

downloads.oneplus.net check for version numbers. Op2 and op2 started with 2.2.1. Op2 stuck with 2.2.1 lolipop now. Op2 got 3.0.2 beta. Op3 started with 3.1.2.

Yes sir, I agree that it is not a huge jump. My worry is with just three devices in hand, thy may stop updating opx and op2 here.

If you are a op3 user, beware, they may stop with 3.2.0

Slow updates always irritates.

14. hjano
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

hjano , Jul 6, 2016 :
    U have right! :) Churning is easy.. but why? OP3 is a damned good phone.. its a fact...

15. gopinathr
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

gopinathr , Jul 6, 2016 :
    E
    Exactly. I agree

16. m4r1k
    Froyo Jul 6, 2016

m4r1k , Jul 6, 2016 :
    I don't want to protect OnePlus but they broke up with Cyanogen. From a pure software prospective this is a sort of suicide since the company had to start over the OOS development. This is extremely time consuming and OnePlus cannot count on thousands of software engineers, like many other companies.
    Let's see how the OOS 3.x and the Android N upgrade goes, but certainly the company knows that can't be forever a start up (in every meaning of this sentence) and the market will decide its fate.

pastmann likes this.
  17. Hassan_Abdul
    KitKat Jul 6, 2016

Hassan_Abdul , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Take a look at my signature ... ;-)

min. 3.2.1 is ahead for the 3

there will always be alternative ROMs, so I don't care and the discussions on updates are the same with every company on the market, ..
    always the: where is MY update, why is MY update late, why is MY update buggy, when will there be MY next update

Karthik Raghavan likes this.
  18. gjdass
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

gjdass , Jul 6, 2016 :
    I'm not saying the OnePlus 3 is not good. It is actually. Don't make me say something I did not.

But the software management from OnePlus will be bad, and it starts ... now. You'll see. It was for the OnePlus 2, even worse for the X (it's a real shame on that device).

Is it serious to roll-out a brand new device with a software not finished ? Already 2 OTA since the release, just for bugs to solve. Come on ...

You are quoting Samsung and Apple. At least, their devices are bug-less and OTA are still rolling out 2 years after a phone release ;)

19. gjdass
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

gjdass , Jul 6, 2016 :
    I hope you are right. Cause this is the only thing missing here. OP3 is great on the paper. But I can't spend 400$ to have a smartphone up-to-date only for 6 months and abandoned then.

Navnath Junghare likes this.
  20. Professorchaos1
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

Professorchaos1 , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Of course, it's not perfect. Far from it but what I'm trying to say is...every company has problems with new devices. Just Google iPhone 6s issues or Galaxy S7 or HTC 10 issues, you'll see OP is far from the only company with software issues.

takenatdawn and Karthik Raghavan like this.