OxygenOS 3.2.4 hotfix OTA will start soon on OnePlus 3

1. HeavenlyPT
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2016

HeavenlyPT , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Hi all,

My question is the following.

I understand the 3.2.4 update was stopped by OP due to issues reported and the OP team has announced the same on a thread.

Now the OTA has been restarted and all of us are getting again the notification to update, but why isn't the OP team saying anything about it?
    Why they didn't announce the update is back, why they are not announcing the changes that were made, etc?

Honestly I have no issues at all with my OP3 and I'm extremely happy with it, but this customer support and OP team is seriously failing when it comes to communication with its user base (to say the least).

Me and I guess everyone else would seriously appreciate someone from the OP team to come by and tell us all why was the update turned on again, what changed, should we update or not etc and would literally take them 5 mins to make a post with that information..

Strongly disappointed with the lack of communication but I guess that's why we pay 400€ for a top end phone and not 700€ for a Samsung.

Wildvine likes this.
  2. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 24, 2016

otto2 , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Why should they tell us about it? As the rollout started again, all is clear: The issues were caused by another player, not by oneplus s software, issue was solved by the other party, so everything goes as it should. Why discussing solved issues? Better use the time for fixing bugs and developing better software.

3. engahmedzaky
    Eclair Aug 24, 2016

4. HeavenlyPT
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2016

HeavenlyPT , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Why shouldn't they?

The amount of posts asking if it's safe to update now is huge since the OTA restarted, simply because no one is informed regarding what is going on. Also the original post from OP staff, still says the updates are halted, when they clearly arn't anymore.

So why not wasting 5 minutes with a simple post and avoid all this?

Sorry to me it doesn't make sense, that someone (it doesn't need to be the DEVs... That is what customer support is here for), can't waste 5 minutes of their time making a simple post because they need those extra 5 minutes to fix bugs and develop better software...

5. robotmr
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2016

robotmr , Aug 25, 2016 :
    Hi I just got my OP3, is it now OK to upgrade to 3.2.4? Had the recent bugs been fixed? Thanks

6. Sahilk0369
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2016

Sahilk0369 , Aug 25, 2016 :
    Even after the pocket mode being enabled the fingerprint scanner gets activated in the pocket , the phone heats up and it asks to type in the password because of too many tries.This happens only sometimes

7. arym
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2016

arym , Aug 25, 2016 :
    Updated to 3.2.4 from 3.2.2..I am in the Netherlands, No problem with LTE, batery.. Ok i guess, no changes or maybe little change to worse.. Notifications are still a mess. I am getting late notifications (even if my aps are not optimized for battery), sometimes missing calls and massages.. at this stage all this should be sorted out! this is bad, this is not acceptable OnePlus..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016

8. Deactivated User
    Aug 26, 2016

F_De_Araujo likes this.
  9. jadenhau
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2016

jadenhau , Aug 26, 2016 :
    I can understand your question, but imo samsung support is way worse.
    I have had the galaxy s2,4,5 and 6. And their "support" isn't worth the money.

10. arym
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2016

arym , Aug 26, 2016 :
    great mate! enjoy

11. Rowschank
    Froyo Aug 26, 2016

Rowschank , Aug 26, 2016 :
    I've been on 3.2.4 pretty much the whole time I've used my phone. I don't think I've missed any notification. LTE has dropped a grand total of one time for me. Everything else is fine. It's been about 3-4 days.

12. Mathias Crespi
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2016

Mathias Crespi , Aug 27, 2016 :
    Got the Full update (since i'm root and TWRP) like a week ago, but didn't update since i was at work and stupid proxy/firewall wont lemme download patch to root u.u

Downloading now.
    Tell ya what's up in a while!

BTW i'm in Argentina. Not sure how many have this phone here.

13. F_Michael_Vincent_aIxX
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2016

F_Michael_Vincent_aIxX , Aug 28, 2016 :
    Hi.. is it safe for me to update my OP3 from (current os) 3.1.3 to 3.2.4 OTA update?
    or it will be failed? Or i should do sideloaded install?? please help Mine is A3000 Model

14. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2016

patrice58 , Aug 28, 2016 :
    I have downloaded 3.2.4 and LTE is non-existent. It comes up for a second when selected in network settings but then goes back to 3G.

15. Anil_Gupta
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2016

Anil_Gupta , Aug 29, 2016 :
    Do you know when the rollout start again?

16. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 29, 2016

otto2 likes this.
  17. Sahilk0369
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2016

Sahilk0369 , Aug 30, 2016 :
    New bug- screen does not come on while phone is ringing and taken out from the pocket which is really irritating

18. akks
    KitKat Aug 30, 2016

akks , Aug 30, 2016 :
    That's not any new bug. It was there since 3.1.2 or something.. many times reported here...

19. akks
    KitKat Aug 30, 2016

akks , Aug 30, 2016 :
    @Sam L, are you on a vacation?
    Is 3.2.4 restarted? Many countries are still receiving the update, I guess. Why isn't your first post updated yet. Are you guys working on a fix? Please let us know. Not everyone are interested to flash beta builds on their daily driver.. There are people like me waiting for an update to 3.2.4. I appreciate your works but I wonder what you are upto? Stopped the regular updates on the midway and no news after that and now working on a rewamped Marshmallow when already Nougat source codes are released. That's too out of way!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016

Tbjames likes this.
  20. Goggeboy
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2016