OxygenOS 3.2.6 (MM) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. jakkipoika
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2016

jakkipoika , Sep 22, 2016 :
    When in CPU-Z, the game is not running anymore.
    Try this while running a game:
    adb -s model:ONEPLUS_A3003 shell cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/gfx3d_clk_src_v2/rate

2. droidplus479
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

droidplus479 , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Aparrently 10% yours?

3. G_Juan_Pablo_XJyr
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

G_Juan_Pablo_XJyr , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Hello. I don´t have this issue. My OP works perfectly with Nissan Connect App. And the bluetooth works perfect too. Maybe you should make a factory reset.

4. G_Juan_Pablo_XJyr
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

G_Juan_Pablo_XJyr , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Four days since the update.
    Apparently battery situation has been normalize. I get 5.30hs Screen. I think it is good enough.
    One thing to say about this update is the warming and heating on the device. That was not happen on 3.2.4.
    I appreciate your effort one plus team. Keep going and never settle!

btjayakody likes this.
  5. SidMAX86
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2016

SidMAX86 , Sep 22, 2016 :
    No performance issues after clearing cache. Thank you for great update. (the adaptive brightness fix and my bluetooth car pairing problem fix takes care of all the gripes i had with my phone)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OnePlus.:)

btjayakody likes this.
  6. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2016

Spelt , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Not likely, but anything is possible. Esp if your phones software has been screwed up. That was why I suggested getting an app to monitor your cpu while its in action. Something like CPU-Z would allow you to see weather your cpu is working overtime and when. Usually when you have lag in a game the cpu is either topping out or being throttled. The OP3 should not be topping its cycles out since its a new cpu model, that is why I suggested it might be the cpu being throttled.

7. Spelt

Spelt , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Are you sure there isn't anything running in the background that could be using computer cycles. That can be another cause for lags in a game or other apps.

8. Spelt

9. Spelt

Spelt , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Looking at CPU-Z on my phone seems to idle at about 214 Mhz or so when its not working hard. No games or anything running. 214 seems to be its idle speed. If your phone is running at 214 mhz its not working real hard. I clean installed 3.2.6 on my OP3 and its running perfectly ever since. Esp in games no problems. People seem to have the most problems when they update by patching over old data. That is why I almost always clean install my updates now using full roms.

10. Archies

Archies , Sep 22, 2016 :
    3 hours 6 min only at 80% :(

11. azeemsiddiqi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

azeemsiddiqi , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Tried cache wipe too. Still bad performance.
    Kills the entire point of OTA updates. Not every OP3 user is that geeky ;-) also, the GPU cycles between 133 and 214 mhz

Nothing. Every game performed perfect on 3.2.4. OP3 is a beast no doubt, but 3.2.6 has hit gaming users hard.

Mike7pap and Limitbreak like this.
  12. Limitbreak
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2016

Limitbreak , Sep 22, 2016 :
    wifi has never dropped for me, ever.

13. adarsh majhi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

adarsh majhi , Sep 22, 2016 :
    At 80% means 80% drained out or 80% remaining?

14. adarsh majhi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

adarsh majhi , Sep 22, 2016 :
    10%? How much time?
    Just click on the screen % in battery, and it will show you the screen on time.

15. jeetulalwani1211
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2016

jeetulalwani1211 , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Thats great, it works. That was silly but thank you. :)

16. G_Rathish_T_KPIo
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2016

G_Rathish_T_KPIo , Sep 22, 2016 :
    I did get an update early last evening and it took about 30 minutes to have the whole phone restart and get back to normal. While the first thing I see that is improved is the adaptive brightness that works really well now. I did another video test to compare a before and after, and I must say videos are a lot smoother and less stuttery. I am not sure I can post youtube links, but here is the video.. see if you find a difference, thanks! [link removed by moderation]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017

btjayakody likes this.
  17. grahamtriggs
    Froyo Sep 22, 2016

grahamtriggs , Sep 22, 2016 :
    I've always left my phone on the default - which is encryption enabled. If I go out, with wifi enabled but not connected to anything, NFC enabled, connected to LTE, listening to podcasts (downloaded to phone) over bluetooth headphones, I get about 5% battery drain per hour - and almost half of that is down to the use of bluetooth.

If there is any impact of encryption, it appears to be negligible. It's much more likely that any data loss / inaccessibility is going to come from user error or hardware failure - and with fixed storage, in that case data recovery is unlikely in any case (and given the way I use a phone, has little impact anyway - important data is synced / cloud hosted anyway).

So I'm entirely ambivalent about encryption - I'm just going to use what the default is.

(At least as far as a phone is concerned. PC hardware is a different matter - I build and fix my own PCs, I have multiple hard drives. Unless someone breaks in, encryption is giving me absolutely nothing, but the possibility of being locked out of my own data is much higher).

SimonRam likes this.
  18. tedulus
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2016

tedulus , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Mine is encypted, it came with 3.2.2 i have flashed 3.2.4 and now 3.2.6 ota, never rooted or twrp.

19. Archies

Archies , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Drained.

20. azeemsiddiqi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2016

azeemsiddiqi , Sep 22, 2016 :
    Sorry for not being a big techie, but how do I do this? My device is unrooted and I don't intend to root it as well. I'm pretty sure it is CPU/GPU throttling from what I can see.