OxygenOS 3.5.1 Community Build for the OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen W Eclair Aug 24, 2016

Allen W, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback so far. We've been following your feedback closely, and we've implemented several of your suggestions into a new build. For those of you already running the community build of OxygenOS 3.5, you will receive an OTA to the community build (3.5.1) very soon. For those of you who are not running the first community build, you can flash 3.5.1 via the links below. Afterwards, you'll continue to get future OTAs delivered directly to your device.

This new version includes:
    • Accent color added
    • Battery icon customization added
    • LED customization added (Display)
    • sRGBmode added (Display > Screen mode)
    • Night mode added
    • Dark mode theme optimized
    • General bug fixes
    Please help make OxygenOS even better by filling out the opinion survey and/or the bug report form.

Visit the download page here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_3.5.1_community_build/

For full installation instructions, risks, and details, see the original post in the spoiler below:

Hey friends,

There are some exciting changes coming to OxygenOS. We’ve been doing a lot behind the scenes to improve our software platform, and there is no one we trust more than you guys to try it first.

What is OxygenOS 3.5?

Put simply, we think it’s a better OxygenOS. New features include:
    • Several UI improvements
    • New and improved OnePlus apps, including clock, weather and file manager
    • Improved camera software
    • More robust settings and and customization features
    You may notice some of these new features right away, but the biggest changes have taken place behind the scenes. We’ve streamlined our platform, and OxygenOS 3.5 includes a lot of back-end enhancements that will improve our processes. The big goal here is to increase the speed and frequency of updates moving forward.

Why are we doing a community build?

Two reasons: first, we want to give you guys a chance to try our new software before anyone else. As always, OxygenOS is something we want to build together with you. Second, we need your feedback! OxygenOS 3.5 includes some back-end changes that we’re confident will improve the user experience in the long run, but there are some bugs that we’re working out now. These include:
    • Android Pay is not currently supported
    • Only English is currently supported in several OnePlus apps
    • Some performance issues
    • Some UI issues when using custom themes
    • System UI tuner is unstable (do not use); using the system UI tuner could cause serious issues that can only be resolved via factory reset
    • You will need to re-register your fingerprints if you have fingerprint authentication enabled
    How to participate

Visit the download page here:
    http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_3.5.0_community_build/

You will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. While your data may transfer, there is always a possibility to lose personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. Once you flash the community build, you’ll continue getting community OTAs. Please follow the links below for the experience survey and bug reporting sheet. We’d really appreciate a few minutes of your time, as it will help us make OxygenOS better. One last thing: this is a limited program, so we may disable this download link once we receive enough feedback.

https://goo.gl/forms/2rTKCrwincvKBuj32 - Feedback on UI/UX
    https://goo.gl/forms/FbRojFvSXqkLwsPD2 - Bug reporting sheet

Note: If you flash this community build, you’ll receive community OTAs (but not official OTAs). You’ll need to manually (clean) flash back to our official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Rolling back to official OxygenOS versions require wiping data and cache.

Thank you for helping us build a better OxygenOS.

Never Settle.

pangjunk, Ceasedd, rjfer10 and 56 others like this.
  2. daleski75 KitKat Sep 2, 2016

daleski75, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Had a quick look at the survey and spotted this... please tell me they are not thinking about adding more crap into their OS?

Have you installed Clean Master? *

If so, which feature do you use the most?
    Clean Junk
    App Lock, protect your privacy
    Battery saver, hibernate apps
    Antivirus
    Phone Boost
    Notification Management
    Uninstall, backup and move your apps
    I don't use it

I really do not like where this is going.

NaxNir, akhil25, afrarsally and 40 others like this.
  3. deltatyger Donut Sep 2, 2016

deltatyger, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Can someone confirm this? On 3.5.1, pressing the power button doesn't being up reboot menu, just soft reboot directly.

aaka7455 likes this.
  4. Magnetic Nerd Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2016

Magnetic Nerd, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Since the other thread is now closed i'll ask the same question here

are we okay to use the system UI tuner now? @Adam Krisko @Allen W

oh and the rest of what I said

new build is great with the proper dark theme so thank you for that

however the colour choices for the accents suck! they're all so dull except the green! bring back the other pallet of colours.

The data arrows are a nice addition also but they could use some refinement

need that swipe left/right for quick toggles still

The volume animation is still ot smooth and very choppy

We need to move around icons in the quick bar like we used to be able too

a night mode toggle

Mine is acting like normal. power and reboot options.

5. Shocky Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

Shocky, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Update seems fine so far, dark mode is back and we have display modes, good stuff.

Can I request a game mode? capacitive buttons are nice but they're a nightmare when gaming and I have to switch to onscreen controls to disable them. Yes, I know we can just switch modes but it would be great if games were detected and the buttons were disabled/limited automatically.

afrarsally, Aravr, Fahim.bd and 6 others like this.
  6. Shubhmit23 Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

awesomeX1 and Ach94 like this.
  7. magen0 Eclair Sep 2, 2016

magen0, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Hi,i have a request.
    Please change this shit color.
    We want color of oxygen 3.2.4!!!
    Good day.
    PS.the only accetable color is the green!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

8. ritchiedrama Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 2, 2016

9. Deactivated User Sep 2, 2016

RonaldM likes this.
  10. deltatyger Donut Sep 2, 2016

deltatyger, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Thanks, I'll sideload the whole rom then

11. Kipz Eclair Sep 2, 2016

Kipz, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Great work on this build guys. Good to hear you're listening to us. What I think still needs doing:

- Let us select our own accent colour with RGB sliders, the current ones are too pastel.
    - Night mode - Let us schedule this and we also need a toggle in the pull down shade. Would also be nice to be able to customise the Hue so its closer to Twilight or F.Lux.
    - Do Not Disturb scheduling - While in ring position it would be great to also be able to also have stock android DND. I hardly use the slider as I've got a seperate app to deal with DND. Would be nice to have it all integrated.I love the slider for times when I go into meetings or to the cinema though. Best of both worlds.
    - Let us change DPI, maybe in developer options
    - Switch focus from OnePlus stock apps to refining the OS. The weather is nice but I think the clock, dialer and messenger are too close to stock google to really care about.
    - Let us fully customise the pull down shade settings. We shouldn't be locked into a 3x3 grid. Also need more options for things to add here.
    - Like in OOS let us customise what icons appear at the top of the screen.
    - Add 1080p @ 60fps in the camera settings.

Other than that, great work so far, just keep it close to stock!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

12. otto2 Lollipop Sep 2, 2016

otto2, Sep 2, 2016 :
    @Adam Krisko : Dirty flashed on 3.5.0. Accent colour do not work in system update screen. (still grey as in 3.5.0 ) Restart and wiping cache did not solve this. On other menus it works, as far as i ve checked until now. And yes, the accent colours are not ideal, the green is the only one you can see in sunlight conditions. German translation of "Never settle" in weather app of shelve is not correct. Still some translations missing,but it s better than 3.5.0. After installation i had to set up my homescreen again. Battery graph was buggy in 3.5.0 after setting percentage on, seems to be solved now.
    at all. Thank you all for bringing fast updates and fixes.

Adam Krisko and Milan34119 like this.
  13. jerrymilton Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2016

jerrymilton, Sep 2, 2016 :
    only 4 or 5 replies in. not getting an update in a couple of months is far from KILLED. just ask the OPX folks that were crying for months, until BINGO they got a community build and have now gone quiet. well I can dream.

otto2 likes this.
  14. jerrymilton Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2016

15. Meister1977 Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

16. bonate Eclair Sep 2, 2016

bonate, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Please, separate the ring for phone and notification. Also, like the friend above say:
    Do Not Disturb scheduling - While in ring position it would be great to also be able to also have stock android DND. I hardly use the slider as I've got a seperate app to deal with DND. Would be nice to have it all integrated.

phcahill, hoenes and jpswer like this.
  17. HeTalks Froyo Sep 2, 2016

HeTalks, Sep 2, 2016 :
    Changelog looks good. Should answer a lot of questions raised on the previous build.

18. xankazo Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

19. GIOVANNI SALIANI Eclair Sep 2, 2016

GIOVANNI SALIANI, Sep 2, 2016 :
    i've installed, i notice that the night mode is not appearing in the quick settings, the others changes are great

princeflash and techygeek like this.
  20. Deactivated User Sep 2, 2016