OxygenOS 3.5.1 Community Build for the OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xankazo
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

xankazo , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Audio quality through the headphones, guys... Has it been fixed? How good is it? I can't flash the ROM now because I'm working. This would be a show stopper for me.

Thanks OnePlus community!

cssoz and asce8 like this.
  2. Rojahurban
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

Rojahurban , Sep 2, 2016 :
    I dirty flash full ROM 3.5.1 and did not lose TWRP!

3. Rojahurban
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

Nope still an issue issue IMO.

4. lparcshinoda
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

lparcshinoda , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Audio issues seems fixed on this build

xankazo likes this.
  5. deltatyger
    Donut Sep 2, 2016

deltatyger , Sep 2, 2016 :
    No, I'm stock uprooted. Do you guys know if I can just download the whole Rom and update via built in updater? Somehow my ADB sideload can't read zip anymore, never happened before.

6. shriommanerker
    Froyo Sep 2, 2016

shriommanerker , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Thanks for the feedback, will flash this as soon as its downloaded :)
    calm down, they will do it. it looks like they're staging a community build so that they can take the best of the features which "WE" want and then incorporate that in Android N. thanks oneplus ! will provide the feedback once i test it out :) cheers !

Mike7pap and otto2 like this.
  7. daleski75
    KitKat Sep 2, 2016

8. amnik
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

amnik , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Audio back to normal or even better. :):)

9. otto2
    Lollipop Sep 2, 2016

otto2 , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Negative. It s still same. in all menus i got the grren accent Colour, but NOT in the system Update Menu.

inkaine likes this.
  10. Rojahurban
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

Interesting...on google music via headphones, audio still seems thinny. On amazon music audio sounds full and balanced.

11. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

harlekinwashere , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Please don't support this build - until Oneplus has made it official how they wan't to continue with it.

Right now we are at a point, where "the masses" are being satisfied by providing "better theme", "more theme", "darkmode" - and "additional changes", while the entire concept of this phone and the company behind it is in limbo and increasingly unknown.

Everyone is so bothered about UI changes - but no one is asking the overarching questions - so I thought I'd start.

- What does migrating into one codebase (chinese and western) for two markets mean?

- How will turn around time, support, and bug management be affected.

- If the business model in china largely has become to sell the customer unneeded customization and services cruft - does this mean, that Oneplus has changed its outlook and this has now become the new goal for western markets as well.

- If you currently release reskins and "great new ways to interact with your battery percentage icon" - where does this leave users that arent interested in thrills, but in a working phone? Notification issue in the stable build is unsolved, the update process leaks the phones IMEI, unencrypted over public wifi, a few times every hour. Auto brightness is broken.

- Does this mean, that until Oneplus is sure that the masses like their new skins - none of the real issues get fixed?

Also - please stop replying to their surveys - if you are somewhat of a raconteur or can offer them any real knowledge, because from my vantage point, they just use them to control the publics reception on which stuff they should work on to keep perception positive.

The whole attitude of providing them with everything they ask for, should have changed, as soon as - their mission statement changed, by relabeling a Hydrogen port "its for you - edition".

As long as they don't address where they would like to go from here in the future, you all could contribute to everyone in here having a much different experience with a Oneplus phone in the following months.

Normally this is something we should be able to discuss openly - because it effects all of us. Instead, people choose to praise Oneplus for listening and putting back a dark mode.

This is a serious issue of the big, structural changes, vs. the smaller ones, people in here like to talk about the most, because they seem to affect their realities directly.

And directed at Oneplus: Give us some concessions. Give us a statement on how you view your company making money in a year. Explain to us - why structurally it made sense for you to merge the chinese OS with the one for other markets.

Show us that you can be open and responsible, when it's necessary.

Show us that you care about security flaws, you put into your OS, instead of neglecting them for two months.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

PL707, vladimff, ElieIrani and 6 others like this.
  12. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

Same issue as before - the issue is, that with no formal public bug reporting process in place - you din't know about it. Issues get tripple reported and burried within hours. The stuff that currently gets worked on the most is largely cosmetic.

13. lparcshinoda
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

maybe you selected a worse quality over mobile network inside google music settings

Rojahurban likes this.
  14. Infinity_N7
    Froyo Sep 2, 2016

lalit.kultham likes this.
  15. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2016

kaghedo , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Rant over :p

RonaldM and otto2 like this.
  16. lparcshinoda
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

so much speculation in the first paragraph that I stopped reading. Please stop seeing monsters everywhere

17. xankazo
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

otto2 likes this.
  18. dermot33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 2, 2016

dermot33 , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Anyone know how to change the greyish blue colour on the icons in settings.I have the dark theme with green accent colour.Pretty sure the icons were green in 3.2.2..

Update. Fixed itself when I changed from Nova to oneplus launcher. Back on Nova launcher now and icons are green again

19. Dizzle19
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2016

Dizzle19 , Sep 2, 2016 :
    Hahaha, this guy.

20. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2016

This time, no rant. Just a plea, to have Oneplus talk to their customers about their plans.

Sadly - I don't believe in structural changes like this one happening by chance. So I naturally look for explanations, if they are not given.

This can be an opportunity for Oneplus to explain why they chose to go with one OS for different markets. For markets that currently are monetized differently.

But in the future maybe not.

I'd like to hear them talking about it - before they create new realities by "switching over to a unified model" - via OTA rollout.

As long as no official explainations are given as to "where this merge leaves certain kinds of customers" I'd urge people not to give all the support they can. Just wait it out a little. Go from there...

To explain, I come from a school of thought where "Why did they change the branddesign mid cycle? Oh, just because they didn't like their old one - but, the customers still did -", just doesnt happen. You don't get budgets for that...

JoshDaWhite and EmzeO like this.