OxygenOS 3.5.3 (MM) Community Beta for OnePlus 3

1. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2016

ChinChinati , Oct 16, 2016 :
    yeah battery is good i am getting 6-7 hr SOT too

2. Harishsivakumar96
    Froyo Oct 16, 2016

Harishsivakumar96 , Oct 16, 2016 :
    Actually i got a sot of 8hrs n 20 mins !! My phone was connected to LTE network all day... Watched YouTube videos ... Then used WhatsApp .. and did stuff ... Android system was running for more than 2hrs think so..

Attached Files:

3. G_Marco_Pereira_PDfk
    Donut Oct 16, 2016

G_Marco_Pereira_PDfk , Oct 16, 2016 :
    This update seems to degrade over time. At this point I'm having to reboot daily and I'm still having frequent WiFi disconnects, random Reboots, overnight drain, etc. I hope they aren't planning on rolling this out official because they'll have an angry forum on their hands

Edit : of course I've cleared cache several times and done a full sideload. Just noticing that I'm running into the things others have complained about. Didn't have it for a while but it does seem to occur

4. Archies
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2016

Archies , Oct 16, 2016 :
    Same here youtube, whatsapp, fb, chrome and lte connected.
    Getting 8 hours 2 min of SOT

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

ChinChinati likes this.
  5. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2016

7 hr here with whatsapp, twitter, youtube, chrome and skype

Archies likes this.
  6. notcyf
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2016

notcyf , Oct 16, 2016 :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Not true, only combined 20Mhz channels are allowed in the EU, even 40Mhz channels aren't allowed.

For example, channel 38(40Mhz) and channel 42(80Mhz) can't be used here, they do overlap with channel 36 and 40, but it's a different method, it doesn't combine channels, but rather directly uses the frequency range, which is not allowed in the EU.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

7. Reytim
    Donut Oct 16, 2016

Reytim , Oct 16, 2016 :
    Am I crazy or is this version missing the basic battery usage shortcuts from the notification menu? It's on the normal oxygen OS and its been on all Android versions I remember... It's hard to imagine how they could overlook such a basic thing.

8. ramalama
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2016

ramalama , Oct 16, 2016 :
    System --> apps --> gearicon (top right) --> auto start

I have there only whatsapp enabled. . .

I have unlimited SoT, because of the magic wireless dash charge feature.
    IMG-20161016-WA0001.jpg
    Yes, black screen is a new feature, ''the crashed phone'' feature...

Yes, prepare yourself guys,
    It will be the first Android 7.1 test...

Next month oneplus going to release Android 8.0, its the #newnexus

Common guys, don't spend your important lifetime here on the forums. . .

No one care about your bugreports or problems :)

However, I've looked into the zte axon 7 forums, hell, they cry much more as we here. . .
    Seems like they are really fuc.ked :)

So at the end, i can bash oneplus for their hype, but they are still better as the other most brands.

Cheers

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG likes this.
  9. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2016

runboy93 , Oct 16, 2016 :
    3.5.4 not tomorrow nor next week, delayed till november. Last OTA of the year in december, and OnePlus start develop OP4, and release in 2017 summer.

10. ramalama
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2016

ramalama , Oct 16, 2016 :
    40/80/160mhz are allowed, on the allowed channels. . .
    Every router can combine near channels to 40/80mhz, but in that range can be holes of the not allowed channels. . .

However, doesn't matter anymore :)

11. alexferdean

alexferdean , Oct 16, 2016 :
    Thanks. I did that, I didn't know I had another screen with options. I cleared cache, but apps didn't optimize after restart (like it happens with wipe cache and dalvik in twrp).

ChinChinati likes this.
  12. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2016

what was your problem? sorry but i missed older posts. why you wanted to clear cache?

13. alexferdean

Because sometimes I can't hear the person that calls me, neither does he. It's like a have no audio. After I reboot everything seems fine.
    Second bug, sometimes YouTube videos, or any other online video just won't start. After a reboot, it's fine.

14. tomelwood
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2016

tomelwood , Oct 16, 2016 :
    You have no idea and are just speculating, stop spreading unnecessary roumers that are in fact complete BS.

otto2 and arindambansal like this.
  15. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2016

both of them could happen due to poor network connect. how many signal bars you get when you face this problem?

16. alexferdean

I don't think so. When it happens, I can make 10 calls and none of them works, there is no audio. If I reboot, it works again flawless for hours, sometimes days.

17. ChinChinati
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2016

calling failure could be due to system problems but when you say youtube it makes me suspect your carrier network thats why i asked if you get proper signals where you live or not

18. Nabil609

Nabil609 , Oct 16, 2016 :
    what is the system runtime from 100% to 0% while getting 8+ hours sot during that time? 10 hr? 12 hr? curious...

19. Nabil609

Nabil609 , Oct 16, 2016 :
    u mean normal one or curved one? both have their pros and cons. but if u talk about fitting, i would say the curved one is much better and with adhesive all over the glass panel. there are cons too like u have to sacrifice a tiny bit of screen since the black part covers it but not a big deal. its still the best out there comparing to other ones.

ChinChinati likes this.
  20. xankazo
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2016

xankazo , Oct 16, 2016 :
    Betaworld has been a little too quiet lately... What are they planning?

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG likes this.