OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build for the OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen W
    Eclair Aug 24, 2016

Allen W , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Hey friends,

There are some exciting changes coming to OxygenOS. We’ve been doing a lot behind the scenes to improve our software platform, and there is no one we trust more than you guys to try it first.

What is OxygenOS 3.5?

Put simply, we think it’s a better OxygenOS. New features include:
    • Several UI improvements
    • New and improved OnePlus apps, including clock, weather and file manager
    • Improved camera software
    • More robust settings and and customization features
    You may notice some of these new features right away, but the biggest changes have taken place behind the scenes. We’ve streamlined our platform, and OxygenOS 3.5 includes a lot of back-end enhancements that will improve our processes. The big goal here is to increase the speed and frequency of updates moving forward.

Why are we doing a community build?

Two reasons: first, we want to give you guys a chance to try our new software before anyone else. As always, OxygenOS is something we want to build together with you. Second, we need your feedback! OxygenOS 3.5 includes some back-end changes that we’re confident will improve the user experience in the long run, but there are some bugs that we’re working out now. These include:
    • Android Pay is not currently supported
    • Only English is currently supported in several OnePlus apps
    • Some performance issues
    • Some UI issues when using custom themes
    • System UI tuner is unstable (do not use); using the system UI tuner could cause serious issues that can only be resolved via factory reset
    • You will need to re-register your fingerprints if you have fingerprint authentication enabled
    How to participate

Visit the download page here:
    http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_3.5.0_community_build/

You will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. While your data my transfer, there is always a possibility to lose personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. Once you flash the community build, you’ll continue getting community OTAs. Please follow the links below for the experience survey and bug reporting sheet. We’d really appreciate a few minutes of your time, as it will help us make OxygenOS better. One last thing: this is a limited program, so we may disable this download link once we receive enough feedback.

https://goo.gl/forms/2rTKCrwincvKBuj32 - Feedback on UI/UX
    https://goo.gl/forms/FbRojFvSXqkLwsPD2 - Bug reporting sheet

Note: If you flash this community build, you’ll receive community OTAs (but not official OTAs). You’ll need to manually (clean) flash back to our official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Rolling back to official OxygenOS versions require wiping data and cache.

Thank you for helping us build a better OxygenOS.

Never Settle.

2. HaxxaN
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2016

3. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

4. Retchey
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

Retchey , Aug 24, 2016 :
    I'm gonna wait for the OTA, 3.2.4 is nice and stable... Enjoying my op3 atm.

5. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Aug 24, 2016

6. Galaxykeks
    Froyo Aug 24, 2016

7. Bharath HT
    KitKat Aug 24, 2016

8. otto2
    Lollipop Aug 24, 2016

otto2 , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Great, now it s time to buy a second Oneplus 3 Phone: One for the stable Oxygen, as a daily driver, the other for testing ... ;):cool::D

9. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

runboy93 , Aug 24, 2016 :
    So there will be 2 official builds for OnePlus 3?

1. OxygenOS 3.x.x, official OTA platform?
    2. OxygenOS 3.5.x, for testing features before official OTA release?

+1 for OnePlus!

10. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 24, 2016

Moin2200 , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Awesome! Keep up the good work, and i can't wait for the community build for android nougat ;)

kojaraty likes this.
  11. Tbjames
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

Tbjames , Aug 24, 2016 :
    So does this mean the ETA for a trouble free working software for the OP3 is delayed furthermore to your average consumer. Also aren't you supposed to have these things ironed out before launching a device. Aka have working stable software on launch.

Smh

12. casais23
    Froyo Aug 24, 2016

13. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

wizard86pz likes this.
  14. keessonnema
    KitKat Aug 24, 2016

15. martinusbe
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Aug 24, 2016

16. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

runboy93 , Aug 24, 2016 :
    If you want help to create better official OxygenOS rom, then testing with this could be best option for everyone.

Maybe I should buy 2nd OP3, just for this community build :D

Jole7, patrickSVK and otto2 like this.
  17. G_BMWKante_vKip
    Donut Aug 24, 2016

G_BMWKante_vKip , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Yes, for a daily used phone it's to risky, otherwise I would like to help too to improve the OS.

18. Jibin Philipose
    Eclair Aug 24, 2016

Jibin Philipose , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Come Onnnn plzz its been just ONEPLUS 3 from the release of it plzz give a new oxygen os build for ONEPLUS 2 just fix the audio problems and the GPS signals plzz just build it. I won't be asking for Nougat coz I know we won't get it until next year, but oxygen os can be made possible plzz just care a little bit for the op2 community too.

19. Scherpenseel
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

20. Wahoux
    Lollipop Aug 24, 2016