OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build for the OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2016

lkosova , Aug 30, 2016 :
    It seems one plus is trying to make their own version of nougat since that is most likely a ways off. A lot of people on the forum complained that they should expand their rom. So when they do, those same people complain that they are making their own rom... Ha....

I understand the combining of their two roms and not sure how I feel about it but at least their not just sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

People also wanted to have input on the rom/updated version and now their giving you a working beta but yet people still complain that this is a working beta... Ha........) :

2. jacklo
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2016

jacklo , Aug 30, 2016 :
    I know that. 3.5.0 button won't kill the useless Apps in memory. it won't clean them in memory. In version 3.2.4 the button looks like a brush and that's the button which I was talking about, it actually clean up the memory.

3. aj7400

aj7400 , Aug 30, 2016 :
    What is this then?

Attached Files:

4. jacklo
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2016

jacklo , Aug 30, 2016 :
    ...I know that. 3.5.0 button won't kill the useless Apps in memory. it won't clean them in memory. In version 3.2.4 the button looks like a brush and that's the button which I was talking about, it actually clean up the memory.

5. timeToy
    Donut Aug 30, 2016

timeToy , Aug 30, 2016 :
    I am surprised at all the negative comments all over the forum, I feel like I have to share my overall very positive experience with the 3.5 build.

I have a US variant, TMobile network, my bootloader is unlocked, I have installed TWRP, I was running Stock 3.2.4 with Nova Launcher. I Root my phone, do the mods I need to do, AdAway host file, freeze apps with Titanium, change other system settings if needed, then unroot. I run daily unrooted, but modified.

Before upgrading I always removed the fingerprint and secure lockscreen as a precaution, you never know.

I rebooted into TWRP and installed the update directly, wiped dalvik and cache and rebooted. First boot didn’t crash, took some sweet time to rebuild the apps but after few minutes boot completed successfully and smoothly, with no data loss, everything still works including Android Pay.

Beside the Android N style notification, the system looks to me just like before, with few changes like the dark mode now grey, not black or the addition of colored icons for missing contact pictures and other tweak in the OnePlus apps.

I have found battery life to be slightly better to actually better with 3.5 than 3.2.4. My results are anecdotic, but my usual run of 5 hours of SOT with around 2 hours of waze, 2 hours of chrome and 1 hour general screwing around I was left with 35% battery, a good 10%-20% more than usual.

The only issue is that I experienced: the battery number percentage in the status bar was out of synch with the Settings/Battery reading. Turning the screen on/off solved the issue.

Overall I am very happy with this version, it is very stable (no crashes, I am using Waze Daily for hours), very battery friendly and the UI is very smooth and reactive. Maybe it is because I use Nova with my usual settings, so I do not see the Launcher changes, but to me this is just the most solid version of the system.

Thanks OnePlus dev for the hard work.

6. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2016

SimonFullerImagery , Aug 30, 2016 :
    Like dumping all their duplicate apps that Google already covers. Oneplus take note! :)

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG likes this.
  7. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2016

SimonFullerImagery , Aug 30, 2016 :
    It does feel like that and did for me for days until you start getting in to a slightly different routine. I went for run with google fit and GPS and i emptied the phone in 1 hour. 3.2.4 would have been 8% tops. Its horses for courses, my first two days at home or in the office it was fine, especially under a wifi environment but then day three you start to feel the niggles. Okay google command and recording is another bug that (apart from GPS) that had me roll back.. I installed it exactly the same way and my bugs have been confirmed so it is still far from working without issue.

Rebekah likes this.
  8. RicoBrassers
    Froyo Aug 30, 2016

RicoBrassers , Aug 30, 2016 :
    Maybe we should collect all of the ideas of the people who can't/don't want to test 3.5, but still have interesting ideas (seperate thread, so it's better to find them)?
    (You can't really use the Google Form, if you haven't tested 3.5 personally)

I really would like to see custom colors for the notification led and the dark mode accent color.
    Maybe even let users change the color of the dark mode, so it's more like a color mode (people can pick black, dark grey, or purple, if they want to).

Keep up the good work! :)

9. daleski75
    KitKat Aug 30, 2016

daleski75 , Aug 30, 2016 :
    Who thinks that the next OTA will put back stock apps and stock look but keep the weather app and shelf?

10. Galahad95
    Froyo Aug 30, 2016

Galahad95 , Aug 30, 2016 :
    I really hope. I love the change made to shelf, the weather app and also the notification centre with Android N style. But at the same time I miss the "real" dark mode and the possibility to change the accent color (I love the yellow one for example). So I want to think that OnePlus will reintroduce those features maintaing the good work made with those new stuffs

daleski75 likes this.
  11. F_Christian_Nyström_efT
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2016

F_Christian_Nyström_efT , Aug 30, 2016 :
    I have now tried 3.5.0 for 2 days, im impressed of how stable this rom is already! but batterytime are inferior to 3.2.4.

every nigth att 22.00 phone get into silentmode but i cant find any settings for this? every morning i have to put sound on manually.

otherwise i think new rom is fresch with som nice news! keep up the goog work!
    but the big question is when can we have Android 7?

12. damiandd
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2016

damiandd , Aug 30, 2016 :
    Guys can anyone tell me what do you mean by CLEAN FLASH ..tell me how exactly to do pls ...

13. deepakjb
    Froyo Aug 30, 2016

deepakjb , Aug 30, 2016 :
    Good rom but please dont change the google apps and settings menu color should be changed IMO.
    Battery life is very bad, i hardly get 3 hours sot, in 3.2.4 i used to get 4-5hours.

14. tarunchinmai
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2016

tarunchinmai , Aug 30, 2016 :
    reboot to recovery, wipe your data and cache. then adb sideload.

damiandd likes this.
  15. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 30, 2016

otto2 , Aug 30, 2016 :
    The automatic silent mode is due to a google issue, best solution by now: Factory reset, and when it s coming to the google account settings choose: "Set up as a new phone". Otherwise google sync will try to use data from an old phone or old misconfigurated settings. Got the same issue and this workaround solved it.

16. suylim
    Donut Aug 30, 2016

suylim , Aug 30, 2016 :
    Oneplus customer care on Twitter is asking anyone having issues (eg. Battery camera etc) to flash this build. I think it is wrong to ask people to install community build which is full of bugs.

Galahad95 and daleski75 like this.
  17. Voigon
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2016

18. Emalinho

19. pal.sayan3
    Eclair Aug 30, 2016

pal.sayan3 , Aug 30, 2016 :
    What about battery life and is there any network issue like 3.2.4?

20. Rowschank
    Froyo Aug 30, 2016

Rowschank , Aug 30, 2016 :
    I can do that on stock OxygenOS 3.2.4. Just hold down on the launcher and you'll get icon customisation options. It's nothing new.

In fact, I think a simple Stock Android + Some added stuff that's there in Oxygen already + Themes (like Cyanogen) might be really good for those who want it. But yes, people buy OnePlus as an Android device, not as an Oxygen device, I hope they remember that.