OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build for the OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sven.peters
    Froyo Aug 31, 2016

Sven.peters , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Up to now I'm pretty satisified with this community build. But I would like to see the dark mode from OS3.2.4 back.
    Customized apps like their own dialer are pretty nice but I'm not really sure if this what the 1+ Users want to see.

I am also very happy with the battery life. It should be nearly the same as on 3.2.4 and maybe better.
    Shelf looks very good (but for the moment I'm using Nova Launcher).
    What I don't understand is why they diabled official OTA's. So we need again to flash manually when the next OTA update for OS3.5.X is coming?

Why that?
    And why changed several settings to other locations (dark mode now in display located, not like in OS 3.2.4, etc...)??

2. dswwong
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2016

dswwong , Aug 31, 2016 :
    I don't find any noticeable difference in the battery life between the two versions.

cssoz likes this.
  3. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 31, 2016

otto2 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    please read OP again: As i understand, there will be OTA s for the community build , too. But you re also able to install from local,not in recovery mode, but i the system actuakize menu-that s new.

"Note: If you flash this community build, you’ll receive community OTAs (but not official OTAs). You’ll need to manually (clean) flash back to our official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Rolling back to official OxygenOS versions require wiping data and cache."

4. sangsuryo
    Eclair Aug 31, 2016

sangsuryo , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Side loaded OOS V3.5 with clean install 2 days ago.
    Love the stability and simplicity for my daily driver. Thank you developers for making this happen and keep up good works.

cssoz likes this.
  5. TheBishopOfSoho
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2016

TheBishopOfSoho , Aug 31, 2016 :
    I'm 24 hours in with 3.5 and so far I like it, albeit it has a number of small bugs, all of which are well documented here and in other threads, but in the interest of feedback I will give my 2 pennies.

The main issues I have are:
    audio: Spotify/MxPlayer pro are unusable as I cant hear the music/speech. Audio is very tinny, and no oomph, and I fly a lot every week so thats not going to work for me.

Incoming calls: Dont display the name, just the number, on either sim.

Battery percentage missing too.

Outside of that, I like the look of it, it runs fine, battery life is normal. I look forward to a few prompt OTAs to sort out these minor issues.

inkaine and cssoz like this.
  6. aj7400
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2016

aj7400 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Any bodys fingerprint sensor seems slower on oxygen os 3.5 than oxygen os 3.2.4???

Mine is a tad slower

7. Prabhath tcr
    Eclair Aug 31, 2016

8. TheBishopOfSoho
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2016

You will have to define "better". Its different, but perhaps not as stable as official. There are some known issues (read previous posts) that you would have to live with. The point of the community build is to assist OP in the next iteration of their MM build, if you want to participate, you should install 3.5, if you are looking for a solid and reliable daily driver, stick with 3.2.4.

9. aabyssx
    Froyo Aug 31, 2016

aabyssx , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Could someone test 1080p video stabilization with the 'Improved camera software' in 3.5?

10. otto2

otto2 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Incoming calls here on my OP 3 with 3.5.0 are showing Contact name!
    Are your contacts stored in Google cloud or on Phone /Sim?
    Battery percentage can be activated easily in "Settings / Battery": Just enable "show battery in percentage"

Maybe you should check this out ?

TheBishopOfSoho likes this.
  11. Fabio.Mar
    KitKat Assistant Head Moderator Aug 31, 2016

Fabio.Mar , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Please, try to be more polite with other forum members :p

12. Mika82
    Froyo Aug 31, 2016

Mika82 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    My phone didnt show contact names first, i think it was InCallUI what asked permissions to use contacts after couple calls. Settings/Apps Show system and check permissions..

inkaine, TheBishopOfSoho and otto2 like this.
  13. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2016

xankazo likes this.
  14. alexferdean
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2016

alexferdean , Aug 31, 2016 :
    It's the same as 3.2.4.

15. TheBishopOfSoho
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2016

Contacts still not showing despite my permissions, so have cleared cache and restarted, seems to be ok now.
    All my contacts are on Google.
    Good call on the percentage.

THanks for your help!

otto2 likes this.
  16. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2016

17. otto2

otto2 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    You re welcome.

BTW: Whenever i m about to install a new OTA or full zip, i m clearing cache right before in recovery modus.

18. andersonip
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2016

19. daleski75
    KitKat Aug 31, 2016

daleski75 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    Until the final release its hard to tell.

otto2 likes this.
  20. Jdickie23
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2016

Jdickie23 , Aug 31, 2016 :
    In the quick settings if you HOLD the icon (like WiFi) it will bring up the menu where you can see all wifi hotspots and choose a connection, same goes for Bluetooth.

nufob82, otto2 and TheBishopOfSoho like this.