OxygenOS 3.5 is not what OxygenOS was originally about...

1. Lancelot_69 Lollipop Aug 24, 2016

Lancelot_69, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Exactly, you understand why I am baffled as to why people complain about this.

2. Riordanpett Froyo Aug 24, 2016

awesomeX1 likes this.
  3. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 24, 2016

Dunnow, Aug 24, 2016 :
    What has this all to do with any part of my comment?... grow up, learn to sintetize information then formulate replies with that.

sfomin likes this.
  4. harlekinwashere Honeycomb Aug 24, 2016

harlekinwashere, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Oneplus has just droped its identity of being a design driven brand that strives for no silly compromises and makes a little unconventional builds (sandstone).

They made the same phone like everyone else (then added 2GB of ram.. ;) ), now they add feature cruft to differentiate again?

Im sorry, but this is BS.

Xiaomi is very successfull selling themes via microtransactions to chinese people that want "individuality" but need simple.

Once you see a theme store and a cloud storage option in this OS, understand that both are monetizing schemes.

At that point the "beying young and independant" phase is over, and the "feed the multinational" phase has begone...

How is India doing these days?

adonisk and pppttl like this.
  5. awesomeX1 Honeycomb Aug 24, 2016

Riordanpett likes this.
  6. ep2014 Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

ep2014, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Maybe you missed the point of OnePlus releasing a community build and then asking for feedback!

People get very unhappy when things more than what's needed. Perhaps I'm speaking for myself, but I love the OnePlus 3 because it's as close to stock Android as you can get without going with a Nexus device. If the OP3 came with HydrogenOS only, I would never have purchased it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has these feelings.

As for the new changes in 3.5 - I can see that many are simply mirroring changes that Android N will give us anyways, so that's staying with "vanilla android". But there are other changes that move away from stock Android and closer to HydrogenOS, and people don't want that.

And guess what most people hate about "big brand phones"? Their custom skins!

HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG... all have horrible UI's on their phones, and most people are more than happy to ditch it for something else if given the chance.

damiandd likes this.
  7. Jeffrey98 Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

Jeffrey98, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Nope. I'm just saying that in every thread you reply into (and that are a whole lot of threads...), you're always being negative in some way.

And I don't need to grow up, the only one who needs to grow up is the one who's always negative because in some way they're feeling fcked or whatsoever.

Vilfy likes this.
  8. Addy3096 Donut Aug 24, 2016

9. Steved520 Honeycomb Aug 24, 2016

Steved520, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Community build is it basically one plus equivalent of the nexus beta program

awesomeX1 likes this.
  10. RossThompson96 Honeycomb Aug 24, 2016

RossThompson96, Aug 24, 2016 :
    You haven't even used it and you're compaining

The OnePlus Community.

Vilfy likes this.
  11. Loveit Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

Loveit, Aug 24, 2016 :
    It's the amazing community that makes OnePlus so great. Haven't you heard?

12. RossThompson96 Honeycomb Aug 24, 2016

RossThompson96, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Here's an idea

Oxygen OS for Stock Like + Additional content

Custom ROM for the stock only people

Simple

13. Radeon962 KitKat Aug 24, 2016

Radeon962, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Depending on whether you believe what Carl and Pete Lau have stated in various interviews is BS or actually the business model they are following.

They both follow the company line when discussing how OnePlus plans to make money in the future and it revolves around monetizing software.

You don't monetize stock software. You need to differentiate your software, like MIUI or even TouchWiz and then charge for subscriptions, themes, add on's, etc.

WSJ: What is OnePlus’ business model (link in my OP)

Pei: We’re selling the phone basically at cost, we’re making very little money per device and our hope is through this,we gain a lot of users and a lot of traction and later on we can convert these users and monetize them through software and services. The way we see things is that hardware is increasingly becoming the distribution vehicle for software.

Pete Lau interview:

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/l...aunch-in-second-quarter-of-2016-Pete-Lau.html

You have earlier said that the company banks on low margins and bigger volumes. What kind of volumes do you think will make India a profitable market for you?

These things need to balanced. It is not static. When your volumes are low, then your margins need to be higher. When your volumes are higher, you can lower margins and still maintain a healthy business and when you have enough users, you can still lower margins and monetize through software. So, that is the plan. The margins and volumes are always fluid.

Till now, we have not focused on monetizing software at all. We first want to make a good foundation in terms of product and if people like to use your software, you can do a lot of different things to monetize software. But, first, you have to get users to like your software. There are a lot of monetization models you can find in the US and China, so that is not a huge worry.

Or further explanation from Carl again in another interview:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2471935,00.asp

"Today you can operate a hardware company that isn't much different from how a software company is run in Silicon Valley. Facebook and Twitter didn't really know how they would make money either. If we can manage to build a big user base, we can find ways of monetizing through software and services," he said, suggesting a theme store as one of the initial ways of making money off OnePlus phones.

This isn't a totally crazy idea; it's becoming almost mainstream in China right now. Xiaomi and Meizu, the two big up-and-coming Chinese smartphone brands, both have app stores and theme stores as big parts of their profit plan. The difference between their strategy and OnePlus's, of course, is that OnePlus operates outside China, where Google's Play Store dominates the app sales landscape.

"Maybe we can create services which operate within the Google framework," Pei speculated. "The selling of themes, we have on our current phone but it's operated via Cyanogen. Since we launched the One, their sales have skyrocketed," he said.

14. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 24, 2016

Dunnow, Aug 24, 2016 :
    I don't trust shit they say.
    Not even a bit after all the lies that came out of their mouths.

15. Radeon962 KitKat Aug 24, 2016

Radeon962, Aug 24, 2016 :
    But you trust the so called 4 pillars that you reference as gospel? Why would you choose to believe one thing but not another if all of it is coming from the same OnePlus hype machine?

As you stated in your post:

It was one of the pilars that put the company on the map, what BS are you even talking about?

Fast updates
    Stock UI
    Added value
    Nice price

Were the 4 promises this company did to the public.

Vilfy likes this.
  16. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 24, 2016

Dunnow, Aug 24, 2016 :
    I've never said I trust them. All I've said so far to you is that your comment of "they never said they would stay stock UI" was false. As it was one of the first things they kept going on and on about, and on how polluted the OS was getting with so many skins and whatever. And then you come and say that all of this was never there.

17. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 24, 2016

Dunnow, Aug 24, 2016 :
    link to video please.

18. Loveit Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

Tokolozi likes this.
  19. SimonFullerImagery Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

RossThompson96 likes this.
  20. giaur500 Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2016

giaur500, Aug 24, 2016 :
    Bla bla bla, you forgot to mention "its own terrible look".

Just install cm nightly, you will get stock look or any other look as you wish by changing skin. I personally always preffer stock android look.