OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. ironass KitKat Jan 15, 2017

ironass, Jan 15, 2017 :
    As per the link, "Nougat update in India", in post #3613, all the polite people in India have the OTA already. ;)

Sun90, xcrm and Bobbie63 like this.
  2. Riyasmuhammed Eclair Jan 15, 2017

3. Bobbie63 Marshmallow Jan 15, 2017

Bobbie63, Jan 15, 2017 :
    You haven't said it and another one pops up.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017

Sun90 and ironass like this.
  4. Spinosaurus Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2017

Spinosaurus, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Ooh. That must've stung.

Yes. Thanks. I was just wondering if I was crazy or if it's another "feature". But why disable the option to choose custom notification sounds though? Why take away the customizability? it doesn't make sense. The same applies for the accent colors.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot likes this.
  5. aamitchheda Froyo Jan 15, 2017

aamitchheda, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Hey guys m facing a new issue post nougat update. None of the apps r getting updated from play store n m not even able to download new apps. They r stuck in downloading state.
    I have tried to clear Google play cache n data, restart device still same issue.
    Have tried on both wifi n data.
    Is anyone else facing this issue n is there any fix.
    Please help....

6. F_Prabhu_Prabhu_Xyth Donut Jan 15, 2017

7. noquarter French POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 15, 2017

noquarter, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Check first post of this thread.
    Merged

Sun90, ghostofcain and Spinosaurus like this.
  8. Bobbie63 Marshmallow Jan 15, 2017

Bobbie63, Jan 15, 2017 :
    If you are using beta 10 you won't automatically receive official OTA's only open beta OTA's as stated in the first post of "OxygenOS Open Beta 10 (N) for OnePlus 3"

Sun90, shubhamb08 and ironass like this.
  9. Spinosaurus Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2017

Here we go again. Lol

Sun90, xcrm, ironass and 1 other person like this.
  10. G_Sumeet_Singh_Arora_TEW Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

G_Sumeet_Singh_Arora_TEW, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I am facing network/call issue with second SIM frequently after Oxygen OS 4.0.1 update in my OnePlus 3. I am not able to make calls. I get error "Call failed" frequently when trying to make calls using second SIM. Error image is attached. However, when I turn on Airplane mode and then turn it off again to reset networks, then it works. Then I can make calls using second SIM. But after sometime same problem appears.
    View attachment 485080

11. ironass KitKat Jan 15, 2017

ironass, Jan 15, 2017 :
    It sounds as though you are on the Jio network for India as this is a well known issue with that particular network as they use data for calls. Do a search of the forum as it has been well documented.

sunil.harris and Sun90 like this.
  12. Alpha Mike Foxtrot KitKat Jan 15, 2017

13. Alpha Mike Foxtrot KitKat Jan 15, 2017

Alpha Mike Foxtrot, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I hope it did. Want a bet that person is going to create a thread without researching?

Sun90 and Spinosaurus like this.
  14. larsenfed Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

larsenfed, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I have problems with Netflix, Chromecast icon is not showing up to stream.
    OP3 Oxygen 4.0

15. Spinosaurus Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2017

I'll lose the bet though. Unfair.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot likes this.
  16. Reuben-Jones Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

17. jobber72 Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

jobber72, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Not here. Goes straight back to lock screen.

18. Asumos Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2017

19. ironass KitKat Jan 15, 2017

ironass, Jan 15, 2017 :
    My 2 cents worth on the Nougat roll out

IMHO, if OnePlus' Carl Pei made an error, it was to state that Nougat would be rolled out before the end of 2016. Whilst this may have seemed, "do-able", back in October/November of 2016 it was soon evident from Beta releases 8 & 9 that, as with all new firmwares, there were problems.

However, such was the hysteria whipped up by users over the promise of Nougat before 1st January 2017 arrived, that OnePlus went to the wire on New Years Eve, 2016, and released OxygenOS 4.0 which was based, I believe, on the buggy Beta 8 & 9 releases as there was not enough time for feedback and assimilation of the later 28 Dec: Beta 10 release.

Knowing that 4.0 was less than perfect, I think that rather than committing to a worldwide roll out, OnePlus decided to do a small, limited, release as a face saver. Thanks to VPN's, this release went global and its shortcomings soon became apparent.

In an effort to repair this they rushed out a, "hotfix", update, 4.0.1, a week later in response to the adverse criticism for 4.0. Whilst this offered some solutions, it was once again obvious that 4.0.1 was less than desirable and its roll out has been very gradual since, in effect, the official stock users had now become the Beta testers themselves.

We are now hearing rumours about yet another release, 4.0.2, which once again may serve as another, "hotfix", and depending on its reception, may also be on a limited roll out whilst its effectiveness is tested. I believe that at this moment, OnePlus' priority is getting a stable official release out a.s.a.p. If the forthcoming OxygenOS 4.0.2 is judged to be stable and effective by OnePlus and users, I forsee a global rollout to everyone across the board.

Hopefully, Carl Pei has learnt not make any rash firmware promises in future and the OnePlus dev's can get us back on track soon. Until that time, here is a little ditty that my grey haired grandmother used to recite...

"Patience is a virtue,

Possess it if you can.

Seldom found in a woman,

Never in a man!
    " ;)

(This is a rework of my original post on the Beta forum, here and posted in the general OP3 forum, here)

aljowen, Sun90, Ashtr1x and 11 others like this.
  20. Bobbie63 Marshmallow Jan 15, 2017

Bobbie63, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Amen

Sun90 and ironass like this.