OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. tmcao Froyo Jan 15, 2017

tmcao, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Anyone using T-mobile US? I updated to 4.0.1 on Custom ROM, but I do not get the VoLTE... anyone has the same problem?

2. PTuT Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

PTuT, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I have created post in the Support section few days ago for the same reason you've mentioned ... Thanks.

3. G_mfaiz_pawaskar_PTEH Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

G_mfaiz_pawaskar_PTEH, Jan 15, 2017 :
    is it safe ???
    what if we face any problems in future??

4. G_mfaiz_pawaskar_PTEH Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

5. suncore Donut Jan 15, 2017

suncore, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Oh come on. It's software. There will always be bugs. The only difference is that whilst e.g. Samsung releases the upgrade and then just leaves it hanging forever with bugs, Oneplus seems to actually care and fix bugs. So the important thing is the strategy - release early and fix bugs until there are none, or have a huge internal Q&A department that thinks it can find all bugs, then release and forget. I'd rather have the first since the latter is just software development living in denial of reality...

Sun90 and Zsolt Szegheő like this.
  6. Loveit Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

Loveit, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Yes it is.

7. Pinttas Honeycomb Jan 15, 2017

Pinttas, Jan 15, 2017 :

Finally someone who understands me ;)

ironass likes this.
  8. FlyingMachete Honeycomb Jan 15, 2017

FlyingMachete, Jan 15, 2017 :
    It IS perfectly safe, apart spontaneous combustion of your cat, nothing can go wrong.

9. alwayswynne Gingerbread Jan 15, 2017

alwayswynne, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I agree with this post. I also think OnePlus's problem will always be software as a flaw. IMO they could turn to senior XDA ROM developers for support, or the CypherOS team. The CypherOS team have managed to produce a more stablised 7.1.1 build with the latest security update. With this idea, I think OnePlus will be able to grow in terms of software.

10. Spinosaurus Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2017

Spinosaurus, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Yes. Just read it. Seems, from the response you got, that OP has deemed it to be a "feature" as suspected.

11. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

Topper_Gas, Jan 15, 2017 :
    But weren't most beta testers saying both Beta 9 & 10 were fairly stable, OP could have waited another two weeks doing beta testing but still had the same issues, when they released the OTA Nougat to a much wider number of users? Given the recent issues with the OP2 roll out which wasn't, I assume, rushed perhaps using the end of the year is just looking for an excuse to cover up the fact OP's software updates don't always run smoothly. Although HTC have just pulled their Nought update for the 10(?) due to serious bugs being detected.

Perhaps OP could start releasing their intended OTA's to beta testers to test before it's released generally, as at present the OTA's seem different builds than the beta testers are actually testing.

12. G_Stefan_Oprea_bDqm Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

13. Smoose91 Cupcake Jan 15, 2017

14. PTuT Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

PTuT, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Yes, but if enough people will raise a fuss, they may change their mind and implement it...I hope :).

15. ironass KitKat Jan 15, 2017

ironass, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I must contradict you I am afraid.

I am sure that my fellow Beta testers will agree with me that both Beta 8 and Beta 9 were definitely sub par in terms of performance and battery and this is why there were no less than 3 Beta test firmware releases in less than a month. In Beta testing, the current or intended firmware is offered to testers to find any bugs and issues as well as to test future enhancements and features prior to an OTA release. However, as I mentioned before, the Beta 8 and 9 firmwares were not particularly good and by the time the results were fed back and Beta 10 was released it was only 3 days before the official OTA roll out.

Sun90 likes this.
  16. 8602101583 Donut Jan 15, 2017

17. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

Topper_Gas, Jan 15, 2017 :
    The majority of beta testers seemed to suggest it was OK, but given how long OP were releasing beta's before the 31 Dec you do have to wonder how long users would have to wait until OP were confident it was 99% stable, what's odd is that users like me have no issues with the Nougat build others have battery issues, is this down solely to a buggy OS or issues with other users set ups etc? If the latter will even 4.0.2 fix those?

18. chrisham343 Donut Jan 15, 2017

chrisham343, Jan 15, 2017 :
    I'm still waiting, I'm on three.

19. zoran81 Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2017

zoran81, Jan 15, 2017 :
    Well, if you don't want to wait, the easiest way is to move to Canada..both of you..and you will not have to wait for new updates..good luck and have a nice trip

xcrm and Woodstockrrr like this.
  20. Woodstockrrr Froyo Jan 15, 2017

Woodstockrrr, Jan 15, 2017 :
    still waiting on the rollout today's the 15th and still haven't received it yet should I be getting worried or is there a place I can download it