OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. Asumos Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2017

Asumos, Jan 16, 2017 :
    because people are demanding the updates now...

demanded the update be released before 2017 as promised... update sent even tho it was not ready
    demanded that the update be fixed... fix was sent even tho it was not ready

so what now.. do they release 4.0.2 even tho it is not ready.. or do they do some testing and tweaks... either way they are screwed

Chung-yu Liao, ghostofcain and Sun90 like this.
  2. ironass KitKat Jan 16, 2017

ironass, Jan 16, 2017 :
    The post #3640 may go some of the way to explaining the current update situation.

3. Alpha Mike Foxtrot KitKat Jan 16, 2017

Alpha Mike Foxtrot, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Do you really think they'd go back and read your post, when they didn't even read the first one? C'mon, you have been on the thread long enough to realise that there's no making them read. Just spoon-feed.

4. G_Erick_Avalos_qLPN Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

5. Asumos Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2017

Asumos, Jan 16, 2017 :
    might have run out of spoons

6. magdysaber Eclair Jan 16, 2017

magdysaber, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Is anyone having a problem with camera when taking photos? it is supposed to have OIS but the photo are very shaky!!
    is anyone facing this with SELFIE camera and back camera?

7. Pranav15 Eclair Jan 16, 2017

Pranav15, Jan 16, 2017 :
    is there any chance of changing a new battery in op3.......battery and camera quality is tooo poor

8. mejifair Froyo Jan 16, 2017

mejifair, Jan 16, 2017 :
    NOUGAT IS WORKING ABSOLUTELY STELLAR ON MY ONE PLUS 3.

I use it normally, never installed a beta and run any program that I want whenever. I get at least 11 hours before needing to plug it in which includes email, Spotify, Facebook, Waze, chrome and whatever else I need to use.

This phone is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned, and the updates have been better than expected.

There. I said it.

9. Asumos Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2017

Asumos, Jan 16, 2017 :
    same here, only need to charge the phone every other day..rarely need to charge every day

10. Zh_kilat Android Q Jan 16, 2017

Zh_kilat, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Wish could see more posts like yours ...

Sahilkum and Sun90 like this.
  11. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2017

F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI, Jan 16, 2017 :
    This release IS stable. A vast majority of users have no issue with this release which is why they released it after the beta 10 test phase. As stated by several users there will NEVER be a software update with zero bugs. If that's what you're waiting for and what you want from OnePlus we would get MAYBE one software update a year. It's impossible to squash all bugs. OnePlus actually did a good job with this release. I wasn't a big fan until I realized it was Facebook and Facebook Messenger that hated my phone's battery very existence. Now I get better battery life than I did on Mm and I am a VERY heavy user. I avg 6.5 hrs of SoT with lots of video playback via youtube, bleacher report (which btw KILLS battery. just a tip - close it as soon as you stop using it). Also I'm on the OG OP3. Love this phone.

12. Zeriya` Donut Jan 16, 2017

Zeriya`, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Only problem I've come across is the on screen software buttons overlap Snapchat, blocking me from pressing the timer, quick add story, and send buttons. I hate having to use the capacitive buttons.

13. bharathkishoreperikala Donut Jan 16, 2017

14. Woodstockrrr Froyo Jan 16, 2017

Woodstockrrr, Jan 16, 2017 :
    I read the post and I understand they're in incremental and not everybody gets in at the same time I don't mind waiting but was curious as to when in my region in Florida United States to expect it and I read the other post about downloading it or rooting it but I don't want to mess up my phone I'm not that tech-savvy I am trying to learn I started with the OnePlus One after I've been in prison for 10 years and I just upgraded to the OnePlus 3T and everything worked out perfect I my last one since it's been a few weeks I was just wondering if something happened or if they just haven't got around to my region yet I'm sorry I wasn't as smart as you or know how to use the VPN or even know what that stands for anything and everything I've done on my phone before I usually get it step-by-step however it was explained to me so I'm going to wait for over the air upgrade I'm sorry if I sounded impatient but I see everybody's reply on here all the time and some answers that they ask so I was just hoping that someone could have answered me to the general time that the rollout would begin in the southeast United States I understand it was a few at a time and more and more as it went on and after 2 weeks of everybody else posting about their new get was so great for this was acting up I've just felt like maybe I set a setting that wasn't letting it download like I do on my Play Store nothing downloads unless I do it personally and whenever I got my updates on my OnePlus One I've never had no issues whatsoever with it when everybody else was complaining this one there is a few things such as it seems to be slower than one plus one so I was hoping that when I get the update it will be better let my OnePlus One thank you sorry about how long my response was

15. Woodstockrrr Froyo Jan 16, 2017

Woodstockrrr, Jan 16, 2017 :
    I'm sorry I thought that was the first page I was reading talking about small few incrementals and then broader rollout in few days two weeks are not a few days but maybe that wasn't the beginning of the thread as I'm still learning how to use these I can't even find my own reply but I am still trying to learn and in the future just please tell me exactly how I would go to where you're saying because it took me a couple days just to be able to learn to post on here and I still don't know if I'm posting in the right spot and I'm going to go to Google now what the VPN is thank you again not meaning to be a pain in the ***

Bobbie63, Sun90 and ironass like this.
  16. ironass KitKat Jan 16, 2017

ironass, Jan 16, 2017 :
    You're right Alpha Mike Foxtrot!

It is silly of me to believe that as, "some", posters are just too stupid, lazy or moronic to actually search through the forum or read back on some of the posts or to even just check out the first post. The problem I find is that by the time I have answered the same question 20 or 30 times my sarcasm level unfortunately kicks up a gear and so rather than that, I now tend to back away from trying to help people on an individual basis.

[​IMG]

17. An0nym0 Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

An0nym0, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Download opera VPN and connect to Germany, go to settings update your firmware. And have fun. Thanks

18. ironass KitKat Jan 16, 2017

ironass, Jan 16, 2017 :
    This link should answer all your questions about using a VPN...

How to Get the Official Android 7.0 Nougat Update on Your OnePlus 3/3T Right Away

19. F_Uzair_Mansoor_fILW Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

20. ironass KitKat Jan 16, 2017

ironass, Jan 16, 2017 :
    Most issues surrounding the roll out and use of Nougat, OxygenOS 4.0.1, on the OnePlus 3 have been discussed already in this thread.

However, time and again, we are seeing posts for questions that have already been answered previously.

Therefore, here are links to the most commonly asked questions and issues experienced by OnePlus 3 users on Nougat. Feel free to seek help and ask questions on these threads...

How to Get the Official Android 7.0 Nougat Update on Your OnePlus 3/3T Right Away

Tips and tricks for Nougat

Impressive battery life on OOS 4.0.1

Battery Life issue IS FIXED, if drain was caused by Facebook!

Extreme battery drain and heat caused by Facebook

Playstore problem

Nougat update in India

3/3T Vibration Mode in "Do Not Disturb" and "Ring"

no contacts after 4.0.1 update

VOLTE keeps disappearing from my onePlus 3

Proximity Sensor

Oneplus 3 to F2FS

OxygenOS 4.0.1 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T

TOP TIP: It is always a good idea after any update, to do a cache partition wipe on your phone...

If the cache wipe has not helped, you may need to do a Factory Reset to clear out any old stuff from your previous firmware on your phone...

If your particular issue is not featured above, you can try looking through more topics in...

General for OnePlus 3

Support for OnePlus 3

Last but not least... try reading through this thread, using the Search on this page or Google search.

I will endeavour to repost this on a regular basis so that users do not have to search too far for it in this thread.