OxygenOS 4.0.2 (N) OTA for OnePlus 3T

1. simosina96
    Donut Jan 18, 2017

simosina96 , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Thanks :) but I don't undertand what you mean with "don't remove apps from multitask, only the battery hogs Luke spotify"
    and then.. do you use really a complete black wallpaper, or a dark wallpaper??

2. vinaooo
    Eclair Jan 18, 2017

3. F_Stelios_Stylianou_mlEi
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2017

validator771100 likes this.
  4. mclui
    Donut Jan 18, 2017

mclui , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Update to 4.0.2 failed for me.. don't know why.

It is still on 4.0.1 but now I get the following update information:
    1434 mb update ??? Strange..

mariusc_alexandru likes this.
  5. G_Ananth_krishna
    Eclair Jan 18, 2017

G_Ananth_krishna , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Battery drained in 2.5hrs SOT after updating to 4.0.2 even after couple of restarts and wiping cache, so uninstalling Facebook has stopped battery drain now. If I install Facebook now will battery drain again?

validator771100 likes this.
  6. elHeroe
    Eclair Jan 18, 2017

Krishna2142 likes this.
  7. Krishna2142
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2017

Krishna2142 , Jan 18, 2017 :
    What's your issue with bluetooth, is it related to audio crackling ?

8. spraj14
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2017

spraj14 , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Hello I have updated to 4.0.2 but the Google play store download issue is still there. it works in wi-fi only.can someone help me

9. reppact
    Eclair Jan 18, 2017

reppact , Jan 18, 2017 :
    I might have noticed an issue with the volume rocker after the 4.0.2 update.

BEFORE rebooting, I was able to move my volume via rocker to the vibrate mode. But was unable to increase the volume from vibrate via the volume rocker. Had to do it manually.

AFTER reboot, it was back to normal.

Did/has anyone else had this issue? Curious to know before I report a bug.

10. mariusc_alexandru
    Froyo Jan 18, 2017

mariusc_alexandru , Jan 18, 2017 :
    i have the same

11. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2017

rahulmm , Jan 18, 2017 :
    I always felt phone was slightly warm at the top all the time with 4.0.1. Not significant enough, but surely I feel it is staying cooler now with 4.0.2. Of course, that means better battery performance. I feel that the unnecessary battery drain during standing by has reduced. The usual offenders; Android System and Google Play Services still take the prize for maximum drainers. But I feel it's less drain overall on 4.0.2.

I don't believe that comparing each other's SoT is a great measure of battery performance. But comparing with my own before and after is surely a measure. So I barely get about 4 hours/charge SoT on 4.0.1. If 4.0.2 can give me at least 4 and half hours, I'll consider this update a super-hit.

12. saurabhp911
    Donut Jan 18, 2017

13. gcocucci
    Oreo Jan 18, 2017

gcocucci , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Simply download Opera Vpn from play store and set germany. Then you have only to download and install

14. davydavy888
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2017

davydavy888 , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Just got my OP3T yesterday, great device by the way, thanks OP for their great work~ Before I was using Samsung Note4 it is no comparison, every discovery I have made so far had me amazed.

Only two thing that I am not sure about is first that the battery drains pretty fast and I am not even a heavy user and have not done too much with my device so far, wondering what I can do with that, would appreciate if you guys have any tips.

2nd is with the finger print sensor, with the number of time it works it is really as fast as all the YouTube review I have watch, but the down side is that it had not work as many time as it failed, I have try to redo the set up many times and still the same, more than half the times it fail to recognize my finger print, also wonder if I have set it up wrong or everyone has the same problem.

I am not a tech guy and not so familiar with all the programming and testing on device and software, from out of the box my device is running oxygen os 3.5.3 and Android 6.0.1 I would like to upgrade to the newest Oxygen os 4.0.2 and Android 7.0 but have no idea how to do so cos if I press the system update on the phone it keeps on telling me that my device is up to date, wonder if anyone could offer me some tips and pointer to implement this upgrade, by the way I am from Hong Kong, do I just have to wait?

Thank you guys for any help in advance~

dramkler likes this.
  15. Regionella
    Froyo Jan 18, 2017

16. Muhamed89
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2017

Muhamed89 , Jan 18, 2017 :
    I have no problems with Wifi at all, also no problems with any sensor.
    the only problem is the battery, when I have long calls. 1h 30min. and we talk about 550 mAh and mire than 3h SOT.

17. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2017

airiartev , Jan 18, 2017 :
    a black image, pure black wallpaper, but you have to like...

This is my main screen
    1484756293973.jpg
    digical calendar and 10 icons with transparent png icons (download from google images)

each icon has a swipe up gesture for an app. So in 10 transparent icons I have 20 apps. So swipe up in youtube goes for a client for youtube, a swipe up in Twitter client Talon, goes to official Twitter, Digical swipe up to alarm clock... Its the appeareance i like, thats why i love android, im sure that that distribution is used by a few people. That is not for everybody, but i like.

the right part has icons and another agenda widget. Icons are pixel icon pack.

Dont remove apps from the multitask is for saving battery and making all faster. People think that is better to not have any app in the multitask button, right buttom but is false. Only heavy apps or apps you think are not well optimised are recommended to remove.

simosina96 likes this.
  18. nvertigo
    Eclair Jan 18, 2017

nvertigo , Jan 18, 2017 :

This is the intended behavior: if the incremental update fails (system partition modified, non-stock recovery, etc.), oxygen-updater gets the full update. Download the full update (the 1.5bGB zip) and dirty flash (if on twrp) or adb-sideload (id on stock recovery). If you use twrp, go for twrp-3.0.3-1-oneplus3t.img.

19. keenso
    Donut Jan 18, 2017

20. Yousef_Hanafy
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2017