2. Spite
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

Spite , Jan 1, 2017 :
    Before Update:

Rooted device (Oxygen 3.2.8) and TWRP installed

3. F_Lucien_Power_yXqe
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

F_Lucien_Power_yXqe , Jan 1, 2017 :
    does this ota work if coming from open beta 10 with stock recovery? I've tried opera VPN Germany and Canada (I live in Canada) but no update yet.

4. zsplus
    Froyo Jan 1, 2017

zsplus , Jan 1, 2017 :
    It's not the same.
    Silent mode means fully _silent_ for me (no sound, nor vibration).

The old OOS settings allowed me for example to set the volume to zero (vibrate only!) AND put the slider into priority mode: that way only the priority notifications allowed with discrete vibration, everything else was silent. Now you can't set that way. Priority mode can't be set to vibrate only. If you allow vibration in silent mode, then all notifications will vibrate.

It's a total disaster.
    Volume buttons should be able to set the volume, right? From maximum to zero (vibrate only).
    The slider should behave as a filter: all notifications, priority notifications, none.

Now they mixed the two functionality. You can't set the volume to zero with the volume buttons in normal and priority mode. If you want vibration only, you have to enable vibration in silent mode, which is intended originally to be totally silent (no, vibration is not silent). And you can't set vibration only in priority mode, like before.

alserio and AcmE85 like this.
  5. Tervaha
    Eclair Jan 1, 2017

Tervaha , Jan 1, 2017 :
    As stated in open beta release notes, No. You will only receive beta until you manually (sideload) flash back stable build.

F_Lucien_Power_yXqe likes this.
  6. radioxmen
    Donut Jan 1, 2017

7. ringogelso
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2017

ringogelso , Jan 1, 2017 :
    settings, applications, wheel up and choose Launcher ........ sorry for my English, I use Google translator

8. Andrei R.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 1, 2017

9. F_Devraj_Swain_JGht
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2017

F_Devraj_Swain_JGht , Jan 1, 2017 :
    i never do factory reset nor root since i use this phone. I simply update through OTA

10. BlueIceshard
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

BlueIceshard , Jan 1, 2017 :
    I really enjoy the update.

But I am missing the opportunity to add a digital clock to the shelf which directs me to the clock App like it was possible in previous versions

11. cassels.ben
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

cassels.ben , Jan 1, 2017 :
    I spoke too soon. I did go through and reassign all sounds but still not working. not getting any noise at all for text/SMS or email. volume is all the way up and slider in bottom position. still no sounds for email or SMS

bjorg18 likes this.
  12. cassels.ben
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

did you do a factory reset? did this help?

13. Wh1te6oy99
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

Wh1te6oy99 , Jan 1, 2017 :
    I have read on XDA , that you should plug your phone with a non dash charger, and then dash

14. cassels.ben
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

glad you didn't get this problem. I did though and at least one other user too. the big has been married down somewhat now though. the problem is isolated only to notification sounds for SMS & email. with volume all the way up and slider in bottom position (or any other) there are no sounds when an email or SMS arrives

15. Leonrah
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

16. cassels.ben
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

Since upgrade, notification sounds for email and SMS are not working. slider is down and volume at 100% but still no sounds for these notifications. have checked too ensure that notification sounds are assigned (they are) and have tried adjusting settings in both apps and the main settings menu. no dice.

any ideas about how to restore notification sounds / volume for SMS and email?

17. Tom-PF
    Eclair Jan 1, 2017

Tom-PF , Jan 1, 2017 :
    It worked from Open10 to the final rom just by loading it onto the phone and installing it via "Local Upgrade" (or whatever it´s called in english. So no wiping, no adb sideload, no nothing :) Good work OP :)

fxguru77 and fragargon like this.
  18. Sorabhkalra
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2017

Sorabhkalra , Jan 1, 2017 :
    I am facing an issue with contacts. All my contacts are lost and not able to sync with Google account.

19. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jan 1, 2017

iuriandre likes this.
  20. F_Devraj_Swain_JGht
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2017

F_Devraj_Swain_JGht , Jan 1, 2017 :
    Bro I get your point. but i always using phone in vibration mode so i have no issue. May be in next update they add these features or you downgrade to marshmallow