OxygenOS 4.1.0 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. Layne911
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2017

Layne911 , Mar 17, 2017 :
    Have tried ota update multiple times full zip downloaded tried to update through the boot screen but time and time again I get installation failed. usually works no problem using stock device os etc what am I doing wrong.

2. Yuval0P0
    Donut Mar 17, 2017

3. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    Did you take the preventive measures, which was mentioned in this thread before?

4. lukas391
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

lukas391 , Mar 17, 2017 :
    And yes, 9 hrs SOT is good result. But I can get 10h SOT with only turning on screen with lowest brightness, so what? It's still SOT but we aren't talking about HOW we use the phone. Measuring battery life with SOT is good way only if we share which apps we are using and etc.

No, I don't have so much time to read all 100+ pages.. :) Can you tell about it?

5. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    k
    You might have done this. but say a formality. did you wipe cache before/after update.. k let's forget before, at least after update?

ghostofcain likes this.
  6. tedulus
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

tedulus , Mar 17, 2017 :
    Why is so hard to read ? Your answer is just 5 posts above....wtf

ghostofcain likes this.
  7. lukas391
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

Yes. And now I did factory reset with hope that it will fix the situation. But heating when using simple apps is really annoying when with earlier version phone was getting hot only when playing games and now it becomes hot when using apps or reading news and etc.

8. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    But the thing is bro, you have to read.. this forum has already been filled with solutions.. at some point, it has to stop.. so that the guys I'm mentioning as HORSEMEN can look on to some real bugs rather than replying to numerous of posts for which solutions has already been provided.. and can provide some soltuion to it. even Oneplus can take some.. only those concerining bugs will help Oneplus in making their next build flawless..! So read.. say imagine that you're reading Oneplus novel and read .. no choice :) cheers

9. elanglois
    Lollipop Mar 17, 2017

elanglois , Mar 17, 2017 :
    It's probably just a bug in the app. There is no shortage of bad programmers, especially in ... well I better not say

ghostofcain and msvr like this.
  10. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    yup i agree with you, i'm still in 4.0.3, connected to wifi, and I was just going through gallery, temp went around 40, screen became warm/hot... so i'm hoping 4.1 would give me the solution or else i have to take it to op center..

11. elanglois
    Lollipop Mar 17, 2017

that's with beta 7.1.1. The OS isn't the problem. Something is using your CPU in a loop. Find it and kill it dead.

ghostofcain likes this.
  12. lukas391
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

And I think you should know that not everybody can spend all day reading Oneplus forum and not everyone will read ALL messages and will know that it was mentioned. And some threads have 50+ pages and you're offering to read about 5 threads with 50+ pages of chatting? Yeah, smart... :)

Replying your other message: I'm having problem with heating in 4.1, and 4.0.3 was working perfectly for me, it had no heating problem and phone was getting hot only when playing games

13. zoran81
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2017

zoran81 , Mar 17, 2017 :
    No

14. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    sometimes i faced the issue, i used termux, but couldn't find out anything, but still my phone becomes hot while normal browsing, even scrolling though gallery sometimes.. WEIRD :O

15. lukas391
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

Exactly. Today I was using phone and normally browsing in instagram for about 2 mins. Phone was really hot... When earlier with 4.0.3 I was using facebook messenger for about 10mins, then checking snapchat, instagram, other apps and phone wasn't hot - it was cold... So now this heating problem is really annoying... :(

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Mar 17, 2017

Try using Accubattery to see if a particular app is using an unusually high mAh. Also apps like 3C will tell you whats running and wakelock detector and better battery stats give you an idea of things like radios being on and such (usually from web based PUSH notifications .. getting instant notifies seems like a good idea, but it keeps radios on and can stop hibernation).

Never assume that your phone is only running simple apps! Almost every app has background services that run all the time. It kinda makes me sick how many apps do this because I can catch them opening a network connection and checking in, and without ever opening an app. You wont see them in recents either.

Im telling you, battery issues are rogue apps running in the background, like Facebook .. a known abuser

ghostofcain and ironass like this.
  17. Pakly
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2017

Pakly , Mar 17, 2017 :
    same problem [e]1f637[/e]
    1489789898742.jpg

18. lukas391
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

I know about background processes and this is normal, yeah. But what I'm talking about that with 4.1 battery life is really worse (for me), with using SAME apps, and SAME activity like earlier in 4.0.3 . Nothing is different - only the OS version.

19. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    I stopped using fb related apps a long time ago... and as for accubattery part, it didn't work out, it was the highest sucker :p and you mean the premium verion of accubattery ?

20. msvr
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2017

msvr , Mar 17, 2017 :
    fb and it's messenger are worst. my phone was heating during idle, when i checked, messeger was like freaking out at the background even after clearing the cache, so remove it n try.. as for insta part.. when scrolling you scroll through posts, which sometimes contains videos, so everytime a video strts the cluster go high for 3-4 seconds, no imagine if that happens 2-3 times, so the deevice's temp would obviously raise... right? snapchat, well you're not the only one as i've watched so many threads...