OxygenOS 4.1.1 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 3

1. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2017

Bobbie63 , Mar 28, 2017 :
    Just wait, don't be afraid. I'll bet the question comes within the next 2 hours. :confused:

2. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2017

AcmE85 , Mar 28, 2017 :
    In case someone already got this (and we don't have this thread pushed to 100 pages in an hour),
    could you please check if the notification shade is back when unlocking the device with the fingerprint sensor and pulling down the status bar?! Thanks in advance.

mariogold42, megafish003 and acyix like this.
  3. sandipbhurse
    Eclair Mar 28, 2017

4. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2017

tedulus, zoran81, Sun90 and 1 other person like this.
  5. rmprakash
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2017

6. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Mar 28, 2017

Scherpenseel , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I will answer to everyone in advance:
    - No, the update will not come to India
    - The battery life is amazing (don't even need the three battery cycles)
    - You can download it with VPN when it actually hits the server (And you will have most luck with Canada or Germany)
    - No, this update will not be release for OP2
    - No, this update is not for OP3T, check the forum for that.
    - If you're not from India, and you don't want to install through VPN: The update will "roll-out"' gradually, meaning it will hit your phone in a couple of days

7. andreavndt
    Froyo Mar 28, 2017

andreavndt , Mar 28, 2017 :
    Could you share the link with us? :)

8. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Mar 28, 2017

iNtEnSePL , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I'm pretty sure you are aware that your post will work until the thread grows to 4 pages? :)

9. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Mar 28, 2017

Scherpenseel , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I might have to post it on every page to get the most out of it! :rolleyes:

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2017

zoran81 and Sun90 like this.
  11. DerZeitspringer
    Eclair Mar 28, 2017

DerZeitspringer , Mar 28, 2017 :
    i hope this was meant ironical, or else i'd suggest to order a wireless cable at Amazon

freddyabbes, lkosova and iNtEnSePL like this.
  12. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 28, 2017

ironass , Mar 28, 2017 :
    OxygenOS 4.1.1 Nougat 7.1.1 update rollout

OnePlus have announced that the gradual global rollout of OxygenOS 4.1.1 has started to users in 195 countries worldwide and that all OnePlus 3 owners will be receiving the update in the coming days and weeks.

There is NO official schedule for a particular country or carrier or location's release so there really is no point in endlessly posting requests for this information.

If you do not wish to wait for this update to reach your phone automatically, you may choose to use a VPN, (Virtual Private Network), as described in the following link, to connect your phone to another OnePlus server location, (Canada or Germany are popular), and simply download the OTA, (Over The Air), update that way. This is safe, simple and in no way affects your warranty.

See the Hindustan Times guide on how to do this in the following link...

Here is how to get the OnePlus 3, 3T Nougat update manually

It is also anticipated that over the coming days, OnePlus will make the OxygenOS 4.1.1 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 3 available in their on-line, "Downloads", site with full instructions on downloading and installing via adb sideload.

In the meantime, you can download the full .zip for OxygenOS 4.1.1 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 3 and follow the instructions from this website, to flash the firmware to your phone...

Download OxygenOS 4.1.1 For OnePlus 3 and 3T (7.1.1 Nougat)

So... you can either sit tight until the OTA update arrives on your phone, or you can download and install it, or you can use a VPN.

The choice is yours!
    ;)

Official update release schedule

As per OxygenOS Beta Program: Explained, the official, stable, OxygenOS updates OTA will be issued approximately, ("~"), every 1 - 2 months.

Wiping the Cache Partition

After any update you should take the time to simply wipe your phone's cache partition. This does not affect your data and helps clear out any detritus from a previous firmware that may cause battery drain, lags, touch problems, forced closes and BSoD, (Black Screen of Death), among many other issues. This is something that all competent and experienced users do straight after updating. See video...

____________________________________________________________________________

Safe Mode for fault finding

If, after doing a Cache wipe, your issues still persist it may not be because of the new update. Rather than doing a Factory reset you can run your phone in Safe Mode for a few hours. This is very easy to do and does not harm your phone. It just runs the phone's software without any of the user's third-party apps. These third-party apps and settings can be the cause of a whole range of issues, including forced closes, overheating, poor battery life, etc: This can be because app developers have not updated the app for the current software level or the apps have not been integrated into the new firmware correctly or need their settings checked. If you do not experience any issues in Safe Mode it indicates that it will be these third-party apps or settings at fault. If the issues you were experiencing remain, then you should re-flash your software, preferably after a Factory reset. Tip: Safe mode removes some Home screen widgets. If you use widgets, take a screenshot to help you put them back. See video...

____________________________________________________________________________

Google Assistant

The Google Play Store has begun rolling out Google Assistant to certain areas...

OnePlus 3 Update Brings Google Assistant :)

"Google Assistant has now been rolled out to English users in the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, and the United Kingdom. You need to be based in one of those markets to use this feature on your Android smartphone that’s running on at least Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Google Assistant will get support for more languages throughout this year."

If you cannot wait for your region to be updated and use English (US) on your phone...

How to get Google Assistant on OnePlus 3/3T, OnePlus 2, OnePlus X and OnePlus One

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017

13. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2017

sammerasker , Mar 28, 2017 :
    hahaha, wait for it my friend, it will eventually happens,

xcrm and ghostofcain like this.
  14. Amal.aj.1907
    Donut Mar 28, 2017

15. mko478
    Froyo Mar 28, 2017

mko478 , Mar 28, 2017 :
    +1 I would also like to know this :)

16. G_aditya_supekar_UwZN
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2017

17. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Mar 28, 2017

ghostofcain , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I'm on Nougat, albeit OB12, but everything isn't broken for me.

Dhruvit Jain and Sun90 like this.
  18. DerZeitspringer
    Eclair Mar 28, 2017

DerZeitspringer , Mar 28, 2017 :
    Read Post #1 of this thread, please

19. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 28, 2017

Dresa91 , Mar 28, 2017 :
    Be patient!

cmitchellshaw, Sun90 and ghostofcain like this.
  20. gabrielpegu
    Eclair Mar 28, 2017