OxygenOS 4.5.0 (7.1.1) OTA for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. alexmidd
    Eclair Sep 30, 2017

alexmidd , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Exactly. I feel violated by this. Maybe some people wanted this but I would at least like the OPTION of having the functions that I want, so that I can select them if I want. This has completely destroyed the usability of the phone for me. Thanks a lot OnePlus!

2. ferooxidan
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

ferooxidan , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Bring back the Proximity Wake!

Lift Up Display is less useful than Proximity Wake.

Why fix what is not broken?

Lift Up Display only adding a hassle of needing to pick up the phone to your face first before you can read any notification. Meanwhile Proximity Wake leave your phone there on the table and you just need to peek at it.

Imagine when you're working/in a meeting/in the middle of a conversation then suddenly your partner that you're talking with lifting up their OnePlus phones to their faces in the middle of conversation. Imagine in the middle of the meeting you suddenly lift up your phone. That's rude.

Meanwhile with the old Proximity Wake, I just need to wave my hand discreetly and not interrupting anyone in the work/meeting/conversation.

Bring it back! We don't need lift up display, it's just a gimmick whereas Proximity Wake is a real useful feature!

3. alexmidd
    Eclair Sep 30, 2017

alexmidd , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Yes, a bit drastic, but how do I do that?

4. F_Mohin_Kazi_bAnV
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

5. G_arief_aqmal_bXLq
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

6. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Sep 30, 2017

Lancelot_69 , Sep 30, 2017 :
    No! Sell your phone and buy a iPhone

7. johnnyboy76
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

johnnyboy76 , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Wondering the same. I downloaded but haven't installed. Little leary to be honest after seeing so much negativity

8. Catflap_
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

Catflap_ , Sep 30, 2017 :
    What nobhead removed proximity wake? Literally the best feature of a phone ever, no need to push buttons or pick your phone up, can easily be done in the dark or when you're being social and don't want to pick your phone up only to see it's a spam text or pointless notification and annoy your friends.

modified by drmartin

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017

kpoyser and ferooxidan like this.
  9. Fabritrv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2017

Fabritrv , Sep 30, 2017 :
    There's negativity for literally every update that comes out for this phone. Don't be scared, imo this is one of the best updates we ever had.

TamRo, insomniachou and johnnyboy76 like this.
  10. johnnyboy76
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

Fabritrv likes this.
  11. tanmay jain 844
    Froyo Sep 30, 2017

12. F_Vivek_Ayush_hOID
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

13. G_Ryan_Ng_ylOh
    Eclair Sep 30, 2017

14. mixer_jkt
    Eclair Sep 30, 2017

mixer_jkt , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Yes... Me too... Can't find any options for update lock screen.... Any solutions?

15. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2017

fdroko , Sep 30, 2017 :
    NO :cool:

16. MaanasMidha
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

MaanasMidha , Sep 30, 2017 :
    battery is draining faster after this update and still direct video calling option is not there in dialer app for Jio video calling..

17. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Sep 30, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Rather than doing all this you could either adapt or use try gravity screen (play store).

Instructions are provided in the downloads.oneplus.net website to do the update via ADB commands. (no need for unlocking the bootloader)

OR

Download the .zip file from there, place the .zip file inside the phone's internal storage (but not inside any folder). Go to settings-> System Updates -> local upgrade-> select the file.
    The phone will start the update (plug it in just to be more safe).
    After the phone is done do this...
    Follow this guide to erase evrything: (using the same procedure wipe the cache as well)

1.Press and hold the Power key and Volume down button simultaneously until the lights at the bottom of the device blink once.

2 Then select english -> wipe data and cache -> erase evrything

NOTE: the right H/W button acts as the back button in the recovery menu

18. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Sep 30, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Sep 30, 2017 :
    Left up to display is an Oreo feature, since so many cakes were crying regarding the same they thought that they should implement Oreo, the way it is...

For the time being try Gravity screen. (play store)

And mind your language.

19. Lincon Faysal
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

Lincon Faysal , Sep 30, 2017 :
    every other thing seems fine but the Facebook messenger hangs every once in a while!! whata the solution i have cleared cache!! help me

20. wnsbilee
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2017

wnsbilee , Sep 30, 2017 :
    when will the stable and fine rom be released? (not the incremental one) any answers would be appreciated thanks!!