OxygenOS 4.5.1(7.1.1) OTA for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. KyaNani
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2017

KyaNani , Oct 18, 2017 :
    I posted this last march...and nobody from OP even commented on this...now they have issues with the media...but good thing...in 4.5.1 i see they have now oneplus privacy policy....if only oneplus listened to me then this had not escalated to the media. I will post again when I see irregularity. I hope you listen now.

Attached Files:

G_Thomas_S_PyvV and Brian OBrien like this.
  2. TobiasdePagterOP3
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2017

TobiasdePagterOP3 , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Hi Helby,

I installed "OnePlus+3+USB+drivers+-+Technobuzznet" which says it also installed ADB, when I connect my phone with USB debugging enabled it sees my phone and it creates a CD Drive with the name "Oneplus Drivers".
    But I don't know how to start ADB and how i can run the command.
    Can you please elaborate some more so I can try your option, my phone has a SOT from less than 2 hours and can't last a day (OnePlus 3).
    Thanks in advance, Tobias

3. Jojo-der-Tiger
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2017

4. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 18, 2017

SimonRam , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Just about everyone

5. KyaNani
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2017

KyaNani , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Hey Tobias, you can check in youtube or help guides in the internet about adb. Or try this...in windows ( i guess your using windows as pc) find the command prompt...you have to be techie to know this..when you found it type the command adb devices...or check the adb guides...goodluck...you need more research...but good thing ...good experience.

TobiasdePagterOP3 and Helby like this.
  6. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2017

Bobbie63 , Oct 18, 2017 :
    D*mn and he was expecting to be "the chosen one"!

7. TobiasdePagterOP3
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2017

Thanks for your reply, thought already it had to be done in command prompt so I already entered "adb devices" and it sees my phone and after that "adb pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.oneplus.odm", but after that it is showing the same as when I type "adb" and I'm not sure if it has done something? How do I know that?

8. Helby
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2017

Helby , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Hi Tobias!

I use Google ADB drivers included in their software. I installed them some time ago when I had Nexus 6. They do work flawlessly. So I can recommend you to use Google software instead of 3rd party ones. ADB drivers don't start on system boot. You have to use command prompt as admin to start them.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html

With Google software installed do the following:

1. Enable USB debugging on your phone and then plug it in to your PC via USB cable.
    2. Open Command prompt as administrator.
    3. Type adb devices

ADB daemon should start and then show you your phone connected.

4. Type command provided by Android Police to remove data collection software.

You will get a Success message when it will be done.

I hope it will help.

Regards, Helby.

9. KyaNani
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2017

KyaNani , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Oh i suggest you go first to basic...this kind of stuff is so advance that few are brave to try it..learn how to side load...flash new rom...things like that in adb...once you master adb commands you get to advance by learning the inner works of android system which will take years and lot of pain....if you this uninstall thing without understanding the works behind it...you might get into trouble...i mean you oneplus cp might malfunction...goodluck...you need more luck.

Sun90 likes this.
  10. Helby
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2017

Helby , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Try to use this one:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user "0" net.oneplus.odm.provider

TobiasdePagterOP3 likes this.
  11. go8soccer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2017

go8soccer , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Though true, that assumes they (hackers, NSA, whatever/whoever) know exactly what those exploits are. For the sake of all of their customers' security, OnePlus, Samsung, Apple, pretty much any company who builds public-facing real world software that has some form of access to the internet doesn't publish security vulnerabilities in changelogs.

KyaNani likes this.
  12. Helby
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2017

Helby , Oct 18, 2017 :
    BTW, no issues after I removed this data collection software detected by me so far. :)

13. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 18, 2017

Dunnow , Oct 18, 2017 :
    that is good to know.

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  14. keesvantilburg
    Eclair Oct 18, 2017

keesvantilburg , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Is there a fix on Android Auto in combination with Google Maps? Maps itself works fine with navigation but within Android Auto it freezes, GPS like issue.

15. Skipwoof
    Eclair Oct 18, 2017

Skipwoof , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Hello,
    Update worked perfectly for me :)

TWRP already updated to latest "twrp-3.1.1-2-oneplus3.img"
    Wiped Cache/Dalvik & Cache via TWRP
    Updated to "OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_057_all_1710122310_f5da2d4b1f194f4e.zip" (From 4.5.0 to 4.5.1) via TWRP
    Installed latest official "SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip" (Just Flashing from TWRP, in order to keep Root privileges after the OOS uptade)
    Wiped Cache/Dalvik, via TWRP again
    Reboot... and all seems to work nicely :)

This time again I didn't had to inject an adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing" in order to disable the related warning on boot. Good news...

I'm still disappointed to see the August security patch and not the September or October one...

Good luck for your update guys ;)

16. TobiasdePagterOP3
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2017

After I did that it says "Success" in the command prompt, so its done than?

KyaNani likes this.
  17. Helby
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2017

Helby , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Yes. Reboot now.

TobiasdePagterOP3 likes this.
  18. KyaNani
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2017

KyaNani , Oct 18, 2017 :
    Goodluck....you might check again if you can receive OTA again in the next ota updates if it does not broke that. Notify us. Thanks.

19. TobiasdePagterOP3
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2017

I'll do that, thanks guys. Hopefully the battery stops draining from now on :)

20. Helby
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2017

Helby , Oct 18, 2017 :
    I did this on 4.5.0 and successfully received and updated to 4.5.1. :)