OxygenOS 4.7.6 OTA for the OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 1, 2018

pgrey , Jan 1, 2018 :
    That's for two reasons:
    - They don't want every single OP user downloading at once, their servers would start fail/deny a bunch of requests, or take inordinate times to download a (relatively) small update
    - They monitor crash/trouble stats, from the first "wave" of users that update, and if they increase dramatically, they'll investigate, and possibly fix an issue in the update package, before say the other 82% download (they will pause downloads in the meantime if they think the cause is significant).

I personally don't think the VPN is a great way anyway. What if Canada got a "tweak" that's only local to Canada? It's unusual, but not unheard of (possibly more prevalent if you VPN to Germany, since the language uses different character sets, etc).
    Will it work, in almost all cases, yep. Have fun rolling back though, when it doesn't, and you're staring at a page of "hard to read" characters/phrases...

Harshbardhan, JHannaman82 and phil57 like this.
  2. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 1, 2018 :
    It's not useless, or an excuse, I've managed download streams before, and it can be quite tricky.
    If you have an 85MB download, and you get 25 million users, you will crash a set of servers, or make it so most downloads start to fail, Denial Of Service is a VERY real thing.
    Really, DOS is managed by many, many IT departments, every day, it's the same reason you can only pull a very slow data signal from a busy cell tower; you have to parcel it out so that no one gets "starved" and falls off the tower (figuratively).

JHannaman82 and phil57 like this.
  3. narshishukla
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

narshishukla , Jan 1, 2018 :
    its called roll back, yes u can

diaaeddin likes this.
  4. diaaeddin
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

diaaeddin , Jan 1, 2018 :
    whatever .
    how to do so ?

5. narshishukla
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

currently which version u have installed ?

6. diaaeddin
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

7. narshishukla
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

if you want to go back to earlier versions u just have to download that update from Oneplus website and then place it in root of storage then to to recovery install local updates then flash it u will be on lower version of your choice .
    however if u r facing any issue its always recommended to factory reset after every update.

diaaeddin likes this.
  8. narshishukla
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

i cant confirm if it wipes Ur data or not but in my opinion it should not wipe data.

diaaeddin likes this.
  9. diaaeddin
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

ok, great.
    thank u very much.
    last Q. dose that affect in the next updates ?
    for example, if realised an offically version, will I get it automatically and normally ?

10. Kunalb7
    Froyo Jan 1, 2018

Kunalb7 , Jan 1, 2018 :
    I am from India and yet to receive the 4.7.6, so confused about when will actually arrive??

11. delucaserick
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

12. Alver63
    Eclair Jan 1, 2018

13. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 1, 2018 :
    This will vary, based on the data migration.
    Say, if the "Contacts" storage method changed, internally, going 4.7.4->4.7.6, and you rollback, it WON'T have a way to "back-convert" the storage, so it will wipe that part (or possibly all, based on dependencies).

The bottom-line is, if you are going to rollback, or image of any kind, ALWAYS BACK UP DATA YOU CARE ABOUT.
    Really, this should be part of a daily process (backups), or at least weekly, regardless.
    That way, when your phone falls out the window of the car, you won't be wondering if you'll be able to get all the pictures, documents, whatever, you'll simply have the latest backup.

diaaeddin likes this.
  14. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Apologies for the double-post, I was editing, and clicked the wrong thing.

diaaeddin likes this.
  15. PhiLambda
    Froyo Jan 2, 2018

PhiLambda , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Recap:

No update 4.7.6 here in Indianapolis, USA!!1! One Plus no like me? How I get?
    ---
    Used vpn as someone told for 5000th time in this thread, didn't not read stuffz, downloaded 765 social media apps and screen on max brighty brithy all day while 4G very wack modem runs lik bull phone burns, now battery no good, 4.7.6 totally shitty update boooh 1 plus stupid compani, how to roll back to ios 10.3.3?
    ---
    Why no rollback to ios 10.3.3 on dis phone? Personal offended by one plus, no care of me as customa,hate!
    ---
    No idea tldr flashed something, then back to 4.7.6 totally more more battery drain now!!!
    Heres a random pic of my balcony and my stats, look at battery, expect instant answer with perfect solution!
    ---
    When Oreo out? Update update!
    ---
    Camera so worse after update even worser the very worsesest ever always my finger in pic!!! fix asap!

Don't update EVERYBODY because I screwed up!! Follow my advice, I'm king of advice!
    ---
    I hate phone, I hate everything, going to return, why was not send with personal person in charge for me?
    ---
    Calmed down, new update now? Bought phone mainly for updates, what can I update now?
    ---
    Updated my mom with what I'm doing with my life WORSERERERST Update ever, phone vanished completely! Have to use gameboy color now, has no voLTE, where to complain ouch mommy stop hitting me

16. T1511940147666
    Froyo Jan 2, 2018

17. xeon101
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2018

xeon101 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    it was a good update...niw we miss it

18. xeon101

xeon101 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    maybe just a few minutes

19. xeon101

xeon101 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    what is vpn?

20. diaaeddin
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

diaaeddin , Jan 2, 2018 :
    its an app, you can downloaded form play store, and you will find many results, just download one with hogh rate.
    use Germany or Canda server to get the updates.