OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA for the OnePlus 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derrishdev
    Froyo Dec 31, 2017

derrishdev , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Is anyone facing issues with Bluetooth connectivity(esp car Bluetooth devices)? I was facing intermittent issues.

2. sj_official
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

sj_official , Dec 31, 2017 :
    region ?

3. Pavlushe4ka
    Donut Dec 31, 2017

4. Pavlushe4ka
    Donut Dec 31, 2017

Pavlushe4ka , Dec 31, 2017 :
    yes, not working

5. vinay2025
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

vinay2025 , Dec 31, 2017 :
    guys, is it safe for phone to select other country vpn to receive software updates before it circulated officially to your country?

6. yowhatup
    Froyo Dec 31, 2017

yowhatup , Dec 31, 2017 :
    Yes, been doing it for a while (I use CA from US)

7. Suriya Gurumurthy
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

Suriya Gurumurthy , Dec 31, 2017 :
    installing through this above provided link or through VPN will it be any issues in future official updates ?

does the update differs through countries? will it be different for India ? installing via other country VPN is encouraging?

8. VijiDivine
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

9. K1514208555394
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

10. G_Viktor_Ermolov_uUmU
    Eclair Dec 31, 2017

11. V1514758443382
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

V1514758443382 , Dec 31, 2017 :
    It was promised to have more controls on data gathered and sent automatically to oneplus....
    One OTA arrived and nothing.... Now second OTA (with Oreo) and still nothing....

As I know it was promised to give it a look and to me it seems somthing quite important
    For who don't know the story... here a link of one of the many sites that covered the story...
    https://www.theinquirer.net/inquire...to-scale-back-oxygen-os-data-slurping-efforts
    and here is an image of my OP5 still trying to connect to open.oneplus.net

And my settings are "user experience" OFF dataleak_open_oneplus_net.jpg

12. Naidu_cool
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Naidu_cool , Jan 1, 2018 :
    via ota u have received update....not by vpn

13. Naidu_cool
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Naidu_cool , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Whether there's a thread for this already I don't know, haven't come across one.

Obviously there's been a few betas and stable releases of Oreo for the 3/3t, 5/5t.

There's a few noticeable differences between the Pixel version and Oneplus' version.

The launcher - it's still based on Nougat to some degree. The app drawer, the search bar not below dock etc when compared to the pixel 2.

Settings menu - The settings menu on the pixel 2 is more condensed and "organised".

There's a few more gimmicky things like the ability to change the icon shape, Now Playing (which may be exclusive to pixel 2).

It'd be nice if anyone knows anything on either a more complete "Pixel-like" Oreo build upcoming on a later date.

G_Nikita_Iakimov_QJHQ likes this.
  14. Prashant kumar sangwan
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Prashant kumar sangwan , Jan 1, 2018 :
    why oneplus

15. Sangaroon
    Donut Jan 1, 2018

16. surya2002
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

surya2002 , Jan 1, 2018 :
    update has not come to india even on new year, damn...what a slow process indeed for asians

17. U1514540118091
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

U1514540118091 , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Guys, please, help me to sort things out with the beta version of Android 8.0. If I have stable Android 7.1, how can I install Oreo 3 beta version from 31 December?

Thanks!

18. danishdaycare
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 1, 2018

danishdaycare , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Read first things in that thread. If you don't understand I'd suggest you stay on stable version.

1. PLEASE NOTE: Some unlocked bootloader devices may stuck in booting animation, we strongly suggest you to backup your data and relock your device first.
    2. Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometime NOT as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks of data loss.
    3. If you would like to join our Open Beta Program, please refer to the flashing instructions [HERE] and download the full ROM [HERE].
    4. Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    5. Reverting back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache). Please carefully follow the flash instructions below.
      • Please be aware that all data will be wiped during the revert-back process, so do remember to backup your data in advance.
      • Download the roll-back build provided [HERE] to Internal storage.
      • Shut down your device and enter recovery mode by long pressing the Power + Volume Down key simultaneously.
      • Select “Install from Local” and choose the downloaded build to install.
      • Reboot your device after installing the build. You have to re-enterrecovery mode to Wipe data cache and Erase everything(Music, pics, etc).
      • Reboot your device again and you're all good to go.

G_Nikita_Iakimov_QJHQ likes this.
  19. Jameszhe
    Donut Jan 1, 2018

dattaprasad.patil.88 likes this.
  20. JamesGoti
    Froyo Jan 1, 2018