1. The_Rock90 Jelly Bean Feb 28, 2018

The_Rock90, Feb 28, 2018 :
    I'll give you the right solution
    open location settings
    turn off the location detection on WIFI. problem solved

adithya.v.nair likes this.
  2. adithya.v.nair Froyo Feb 28, 2018

adithya.v.nair, Feb 28, 2018 :
    Just did that. let's see if it works out. thank you very much :)

3. adithya.v.nair Froyo Feb 28, 2018

adithya.v.nair, Feb 28, 2018 :
    RASTAVIPER

How exactly did you get into the conclusion that Wifi is draining your battery?
    Do you have any way to proof that?
    I have my wifi On 24/7 and have no draining at all when I don't use internet.
    And I have images to prove it.

1519822848035.jpg
    Why are the WiFi settings being shown as active then? Okay. I shouldn't have used the phrase "WiFi is draining my battery", but still I find active WiFi scanning. I'm in that phase of a relationship with my phone where I'm trying to get the best out of the battery. And so, when things like this happens, I'm kind of annoyed by it, because like I mentioned earlier, the damn thing just keeps turning on again and again. I have no clue as to if it's a bug or something that OnePlus actually intended to implement in the previous update. I never use WiFi except for when I'm at home. And that's only like 2-3 days in a month. Would love some insight into this.

4. RASTAVIPER Jelly Bean Feb 28, 2018

RASTAVIPER, Feb 28, 2018 :
    So yes you can complain that Wi-Fi is staying on, but this doesn't mean that it drains the battery.
    I have it On with no draining during night.

kodimitrovski likes this.
  5. ruhela786 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2018

ruhela786, Mar 1, 2018 :
    Nope, only 5T has that feature, it can be implemented in our devices though but only OnePlus can tell why they're not :)

6. jasprjay Gingerbread Mar 1, 2018

7. Retr_0 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2018

Retr_0, Mar 1, 2018 :
    thanks, looks like treble can too, look at my "thread treble inbound?"

ruhela786 likes this.
  8. Pradeep@1+ Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2018

Pradeep@1+, Mar 1, 2018 :
    Anything can be possible, but only OP team has the final answer. Most probably not as busy with OP5/5T fixing and OP6 is also at doorsteps. So hope is less, but can wait and see to how extreme they will take us into consideration.

9. Brijeshah Donut Mar 1, 2018

10. Yannis Neris Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2018

Yannis Neris, Mar 1, 2018 :
    Yes by installing custom kernel

11. G_Abdul_R_Ihhe Donut Mar 1, 2018

Tiwi1990 likes this.
  12. G_Abdul_R_Ihhe Donut Mar 1, 2018

13. Sockerle Eclair Mar 1, 2018

Sockerle, Mar 1, 2018 :
    Slowly but shure its getting more quite here....No new Response from OnePlus, Adam Krisko has also quite his Job at OnePlus and no new Updates for stable or Beta since a very long time....What is going on here?
    Is OnePlus 3/3T dead now for this company?

jasprjay likes this.
  14. RASTAVIPER Jelly Bean Mar 1, 2018

RASTAVIPER, Mar 1, 2018 :
    Xaxa really?
    You are playing games and it's strange for u that temp is going up and battery going down?
    Is this your first time using a device with a cpu and vga?

AcmE85 likes this.
  15. jasprjay Gingerbread Mar 1, 2018

16. G_Abdul_R_Ihhe Donut Mar 1, 2018

G_Abdul_R_Ihhe, Mar 1, 2018 :
    c'mon dude 60° is unacceptable , im doing gaming on a f* phone not on pc to accept such temperatures. And not playing Battlefield or PUBG so that cpu temp etc goes crazy . mini militia game who's size is not even 50Mb.

17. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 1, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mar 1, 2018 :
    It doesn't on what size the game has, if it is intensive it will raise your CPU and produce heat.

18. lkosova Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2018

lkosova, Mar 1, 2018 :
    So since this thread is very slow and not really sure where to post this.... My son has a OP3 did an initial upgrade then put on twrp and some known popular rom. He has been away at college and tried to upgrade to Oreo and it didn't take. I know there are threads to revert back to marshmallow/stock etc. But couldn't he just do a factory reset and then update to the latest upgrade. I realize it might have him upgrade a few times. Then if he still wants add twrp and rom later???

If there is an easier way let me know

Thx in advance

19. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 1, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mar 1, 2018 :
    You are trying to upgrade to Oreo stock Oxygen OS or another Oreo Custom ROM?

20. G_Sandy_Killington_Rsyj Froyo Mar 1, 2018

jasprjay likes this.