OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA for the OnePlus 5

1. pojr
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2018

pojr , Feb 15, 2018 :
    We have hundreds of users running Oreo with no issues

Try some basic troubleshooting. Factory reset / try downloading the install file a second time, etc.

MikeG247 likes this.
  2. Ravi Mafalus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 15, 2018

3. Kingston5490
    Eclair Feb 15, 2018

Kingston5490 , Feb 15, 2018 :
    Check all thread plz...

Almost 99% complaints... We are not just blaming... It's our own experience...

U want me to list issue...

Call drop 1
    Heating 2
    Ringtone problem always from the beginning of oreo update 3
    Apps are automatically closed started recently 4
    Etc....

This is not small issue as much you think...

We do cache clear... We small changes... Till issue not clear..

4. pojr
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2018

pojr , Feb 15, 2018 :
    of course you will see complaints. who's going to make a thread stating "hey guys my Oreo runs great! just wanted to say thanks!!"

vhc, MikeG247 and ouaille13320 like this.
  5. Kingston5490
    Eclair Feb 15, 2018

No need to thanks.. Because it's their duty...
    Also that's not topic here...

If 90% good..
    10% failure means.. They have to take care from the company.. That's what I am saying...

If it's complaint by people that's not mean... They do well..

Simple thing is Nougat updates grate.. Also not even single time I face any issues... I accept

But from the beginning of oreo updates still we have issue...

Plz understand

6. nerdam
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2018

nerdam , Feb 15, 2018 :
    mine is working great, one feedback for messaging group chat we should show conversation in single thread instead in individual threads

7. pojr
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2018

pojr , Feb 15, 2018 :
    99% of the time if you download the install file from downloads.oneplus.net, go into recovery and flash the file, the update will work much better. you never know, maybe the original update file got corrupted during the install

8. nerveaxis
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2018

9. nerdam
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2018

nerdam , Feb 15, 2018 :
    none in my case

10. Kingston5490
    Eclair Feb 15, 2018

That's what I am saying..

However this time update is had issue...

If you want me to share screen shots I will do anytime..

Because mine major issue... Ringtone not working and heating... Just recently started issue apps closing continuously..

11. Adam.rosenthal
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2018

Adam.rosenthal , Feb 15, 2018 :
    Sorry to hear you're having issues but realize that not everyone is having them.

Personally, everything has worked flawlessly for me and I think it's been the best update so far. The very minor bugs from the last update have been fixed and I haven't yet seen a bug of any kind yet. No battery drain, apps freeze rarely like they do on any phone I've ever had, and everything works like it should.

I love my phone more and more as updates come out.

12. staycalm
    Froyo Feb 15, 2018

staycalm , Feb 15, 2018 :
    The pictures taken with the camera do not show up in gallery collections. Whenever I take an image with the camera, the image shows up in the 'new' section of the gallery, however when i go to collections to see all the folders the 'camera' folder is missing. When I move the folder from the DCIM folder to the internal storage it shows up, but whenever it is in the DCIM folder it's not. Anyone knows how to fix this? It's getting on my nerves, I have to use file manager to view those files or transfer them to another folder nonstop

13. darkgunner45
    Donut Feb 15, 2018

darkgunner45 , Feb 15, 2018 :
    I am experiencing bugs the phone is freezing in apps or on the home screen. even when unlocking the phone to certain apps as lead to the phone freezing to a blank screen with just the wallpaper blurred out.

14. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 15, 2018

jonathanlyng , Feb 15, 2018 :
    Oneplus team: I salute your hard work that gives us such a stable, efficient android version. With the Oreo updates you have outclassed most other Android versions (hope you had a sip of champagne when you beat Samsung to issuing a official stable Oreo based OTA before them!).

15. wolf4477
    Froyo Feb 16, 2018

wolf4477 , Feb 16, 2018 :
    everything Is fine here, not bugs at all, very smooth, long battery life, etc., those have problems, maybe a wipe cache solves your problems, yet a factory reset and a clean isntallation.

MikeG247 likes this.
  16. roshan_racer
    Froyo Feb 16, 2018

roshan_racer , Feb 16, 2018 :
    So I'm having this peculiar problem now..
    I was quite disappointed with the 5.0.2 update, so thought of degrading it to 5.0.1 using the complete zip file..
    After downgrading via the stock recovery, phone went into boot loop.. It kept restarting..
    As I had also downloaded the 5.0.2 update file, I again went into stock recovery and flashed 5.0.2.
    But after it turned on, things like the below mentioned started happening.. Settings acts weird..
    1518752930904.jpg

1518752930974.jpg

1518752931031.jpg

When I try to enable Face Unlock, just after the camera starts, I get the following error:

1518753157629.jpg

I don't know how to deal with this problem..
    OOS 5.0.2 is the worst update ever in the history of OP5.

17. vhc
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2018

vhc , Feb 16, 2018 :
    To be fair guys the problem isnt the software but the user... I have 0 bad things to say about... Samsung started to deliver Oreo this last days and already stopped due something. So please be glad cause we have it before 2018 and is rocking smooth and good. We all need to be more correct when judging and we should always look to both sides of the coin. Regards

Denis303, Twisster and MikeG247 like this.
  18. spavan1979
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2018

spavan1979 , Feb 16, 2018 :
    what i observed is, when i use phone as normal phone not major issues... but if you try to use advanced/customized, i start seeing issues...
    1. car blutooth - frequent drops
    2. switching between wifi zones - sometimes doesn't connect automatically.
    3. lag in playing whatsapp videos when opened from gallery.
    4. change default ring tone - some times silent
    5. mobile data/wifi switching is proper only when data sim in 2nd slot..
    6. some apps - stops in between
    etc.. etc.. which i feel not right for a flagship... we have many phones with half the price to serve as regular phone with browsing/videos.

19. Manas_Mishra_1989
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2018

Manas_Mishra_1989 , Feb 16, 2018 :
    When u open gallery the first section you see is Photos, that is all your pics from camera that are in DCIM

sachkharb likes this.
  20. Deactivated User
    Feb 16, 2018

prateekbadjatya likes this.