OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA for the OnePlus 5

1. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2018

sachkharb , Feb 18, 2018 :
    coz they don't know how to handle a little bit problem. they don't read, they don't clear cache and factory reset. they just cry like babies. hehehe m sorry if I get emotional.
    I my case it's fine. no flaws. got 12 hours of SOT. more than expected. thank u one plus

2. sachkharb

don't post shit if u can't control Oreo. u r only able for gingerbread - nougot.

3. sachkharb

what kind of changes you? could you plz explain them so that the developer listen to you :p

4. sachkharb

after updating 90% of the problems can be solved by clear cache in recovery mode. remaining 10% can be by factory reset. Still u got a problem, kindly donate ur OP5 to me:D. I can solve all problems ;)

5. Deactivated User
    Feb 18, 2018

sachkharb likes this.
  6. Karthik Vishwa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2018

Karthik Vishwa , Feb 18, 2018 :
    After this update via OTA I facing the issue. After changing from silent mode normal mode, message tone is still in silent mode. Post reboot only it's enabled.

7. G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2018

G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG , Feb 18, 2018 :
    just because you are not having any issue doesn't mean other also can't have it.
    clearing cache not always work.
    for ringtone issue those who are using custom ringtone they are facing issue. who is using the ringtone provided by oneplus they don't have any issue at all.
    for battery it's just the comparison between nougat and oreo. for the same usage where nougat used to give me 7 to 7.5 hours of sot, oreo gives me around 6 hours of sot max.
    not everyone uses the phone the same way you are using it.
    and for every update most people can't do factory reset if they are using it as daily driver. otherwise every month or every 2 month person has to take the full backup then update the phone then do the factory reset and then restore from backup.
    oneplus switch can provide the easier solution but it doesn't backup the app data. so for the apps where all the progress are saved in the app not on the server, person has to restart it's progress from level 0.

8. F_Mankar_Garg_UpPG
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2018

9. danishdaycare

danishdaycare , Feb 18, 2018 :
    My custom ringtone works just fine. I understand people have trouble but even if instructions are clear some **** up anyway. You also read comments like "Cant update my op5t" right? In a op5 forum... Not saying this about everyone having problems just stating the obvious, people are too lazy to read and can't google stuff and want others to solve their problems.

sachkharb and MikeG247 like this.
  10. G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2018

G_Prateek_Mishra_dFiG , Feb 18, 2018 :
    that's true. but you can't blame a person if he has to read 121 pages to see whether his issues are reported already and solution has been provided.
    i am facing issue with custom ringtone as soon as i move the slider to silent and then back every notification is working but not my ringtone. it works after restart but only until i don't touch the slider.
    as a matter of fact i did not even notice this issue until someone reported it in a thread.

11. Sandeep Tomar
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2018

12. danishdaycare

True true.I read about the ringtone thingy, tried it but it worked for me. But in my humble defence, there is a search-button, you don't have to scroll through all the pages. People tend to like shortcuts iaw don't do something if you can have someone else do it for you ;)

13. danishdaycare

Did you try to clear cache in recovery?
    Clear wifi settings and try again?

14. danishdaycare

15. danishdaycare

Holy smoke, 12 hours sot. Maybe I should whine and cry a little here :) I get 7-8 but happy puppy.

sachkharb likes this.
  16. Sandeep Tomar
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2018

Sandeep Tomar , Feb 18, 2018 :
    yeap, tried it, still the same issue persists.

17. MikeG247
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2018

MikeG247 , Feb 18, 2018 :
    The only reason there are 121 pages is because of lazy people like him, who don't read, posting repetitive questions and redundant posts in the first place. It is also because of these lazy people clogging up the forums with garbage that the search function has become practically useless for everyone. So yes, I blame these people 100 percent, no qualms whatsoever.

idkwhoiam322 and danishdaycare like this.
  18. Suraj gurav 007

19. danishdaycare

idkwhoiam322 and MikeG247 like this.
  20. SachinHemani
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2018