Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2018

Sun90 , Apr 5, 2018 :
    When it's ready.
    No ETA for now.

Tumeshsori likes this.
  3. nick_k
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2018

nick_k , Apr 5, 2018 :
    Probably they'll implement gestures at stable 8.1 update. Gestures are advertised as one of the features of the upcoming O+6, so patience till the announcement of 6.

Gopi Kiccha likes this.
  4. cdxpmop
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2018

cdxpmop , Apr 5, 2018 :
    ok, do you know when they are going to announce op6? it's just stupid that we have to wait for the announcement of a new phone before we can get the update. they might as well just destroy all the old phones because they are launching a new phone

5. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2018

Sun90 , Apr 5, 2018 :
    As we see the media hype / ads floating / tweats on the same ( op6).
    Seems it's gonna happen soon ( the release of op6 with android 8 1 out of the box )
    Only after that the 5 & 5t users will get official 8.1 build of oos.

6. dego007
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2018

dego007 , Apr 5, 2018 :
    OP6 isnt gonna be announced at least till Avengers Infinity Wars releases, because they featured Avengers in OP6 teaser , that means May beginning
    It doesn't seem likely or wise for 5T owners to wait that long, considering that 5T launched only 4 months back
    But if we don't get the update by the end of this week, this just might become a sad reality

Mahbub_Ratul_ and PelegK like this.
  7. Rajeshlahane08
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2018

Rajeshlahane08 , Apr 5, 2018 :
    not working

8. daster_x
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2018

daster_x , Apr 6, 2018 :
    I think for some people it will never be enough....
    but look at Download section: we have 5 betas and 4 (or more? ) stable releases during 6 months...
    from other side, we have one of the greatest devices on the market - let's use them, and enjoy!

wolla60, Rajat_arora_ and G_T_Bennett like this.
  9. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 6, 2018 :
    Op3 was treated way better, it had almost double as much updates as op5t

10. SALIAN SUDHARSHAN
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2018

11. G_PANAYIOTIS_PANAYIOTOU_
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2018

G_PANAYIOTIS_PANAYIOTOU_ , Apr 6, 2018 :
    Basically the last update was on 6/2/2018 as 5.0.4 cant be considered as an update, just a minor bugfix.

fidus62 likes this.
  12. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 6, 2018 :

Yup, agree. That was just hotfix for some minor bug. Nothing special. So it's already 2 months since 8.0... hopefully they will get their a$$es to work on CURRENT flagship they own and release update

13. cdxpmop
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

cdxpmop , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I have to agree. they released 5.0.4 so they can shut people up by saying look, we just had an update. what are you whining about!?!?

Mahbub_Ratul_ likes this.
  14. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I just can't believe that I feel in the same $hit again after using op2.... This is ridiculous. I should have buy op3 when it came out

Mahbub_Ratul_ and m1tch3m like this.
  15. Mahbub_Ratul_
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

Mahbub_Ratul_ , Apr 7, 2018 :
    You are right. I was thinking the same thing few days ago. Oneplus didn't learn anything. The docomenty of CEO learning a lesson after op2 was a fake attention grabbing video. If they have learned anything they would have cared for the 5t. We sould not follow the hype. We should always sick with the stublished brands. 5t will be the last Oneplus phone for me.

vincent.manjuran likes this.
  16. Mahbub_Ratul_
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

You are right. I was thinking the same thing few days ago. Oneplus didn't learn anything. The docomenty of CEO learning a lesson after op2 was a fake attention grabbing video. If they have learned anything they would have cared for the 5t. We sould not follow the hype. We should always sick with the stublished brands. 5t will be the last Oneplus phone for me.

Predict23 likes this.
  17. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 7, 2018 :
    I'm sure my next phone won't be OnePlus. There are plenty of phones way better. In about year I'm going to buy Google pixel 2 XL and it will be best choice for a long time. Bye OnePlus. You fooled me with OnePlus 2 now you are fooling me with 5T.
    Just because my recommendations 3 people bought OnePlus devices, two 3T and one 3 and that was last time I have told someone it's a good choice.
    One of the reasons I bought 5T was because I saw their improvements about updates with op3 so I though they will even improve it further with 5 and 5T... How wrong I was. Now I can see they don't give a f about OP3 just like OP5 and 5T. They are focusing on hyping next device and on pei coins. Probably OP phones will be mining devices for them restricting some of the power just to mine coins, that's why they need so strong phones, so user won't see difference with something running in the background when it's for example plugged to the charger (so you won't see battery drain). The more I think about it, the more obvious it becomes

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018

18. Mahbub_Ratul_
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

That will be the best decision. I will also move back to Samsung and Google pixel. The reality is Oneplus doesn't care about us. Also they will never learn.

vincent.manjuran likes this.
  19. Gopi Kiccha
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

Gopi Kiccha , Apr 7, 2018 :
    5th May OnePlus 6 Launch.

20. Sanu Varma
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2018

Sanu Varma , Apr 7, 2018 :
    It's Been almost a 5month I have took a 5T when would I'll will be getting an Oreo Android Update .