OxygenOS 5.0.4 OTA for the OnePlus 5T

1. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Because they are releasing dozen of phones in a year, OnePlus releases 2 phones per year (mostly).
    And even with that, Samsung manages to bring updates to all of their phones.
    And Peis excuse "we are just a small company" is just $hit, typical answer on every indictment

2. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Peis company is just focusing on hyping and taking as much profit as possible.
    Now with his pei coins they will mine "pei coins" with our devices

Mine with OxygenOS.

Through a new opt-in feature baked into OxygenOS, OnePlus users will be able to join a global network of miners.

Users can mine blocks solo or work together in pools.

///

And now we know why it takes so long to update our phones - they are just focused on integrating this $hit into software and "getting peid"... Sad...
    Mark my words, new updates will bring this crap to our devices and that's the reason they are not updating oos for so long time because they want to make it work as best as possible (for their profit ofcourse, because if that would be made for us, they would work on it for a year and still it would be buggy as hell)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018

suzwon and fidus62 like this.
  3. A1523216439798
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

A1523216439798 , Apr 8, 2018 :
    I am writing from India and got the phone just today. Whenever I am trying to install Oxygen OS 5.0.4, I am getting the message 'Signature Verification Failed'. Please advice as to why this is coming and what is to be done to resolve the issue. The screenshot is given below -

View attachment 743650

4. dego007
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

dego007 , Apr 8, 2018 :
    Samsung releases two flagships per year, but which are completely different from one another, and cater to different userbase
    I agree that OP isn't a small company , like Pei claims to be, and is part of the bigger family of Oppo & Vivo
    But we have to give credit to OP where its due
    Samsung doesn't provide major updates to even their flagships, even after months
    Note 8 still hasn't received Oreo, whereas it was launched well before 5T
    OP was amongst the top 5 companies to provide Oreo
    But OP quickly shifts focus to launching their new phone, which is fine, but they at least should respect their fan base who eagerly bought their earlier phones, launched only a few months back

Wasn't Pei Coin just a April Fool's joke ?

Chungtd and Predict23 like this.
  5. E1523149025481
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

E1523149025481 , Apr 8, 2018 :
    hello sir .i have a problem for my one plus5t mobile camera flash was to low after the updates. when i switched ofand on my mobile power. then my mobile camera flash is high ,and again some few mint's my mobile camera flash was to low.. how can solve my problem. please help me.

6. E1523149025481
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

7. varun2803
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2018

Attached Files:

8. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2018

2pints , Apr 9, 2018 :
    Forget about the fan base, I'm a customer.
    While I am on my second one plus device, my loyalty is only as good as my last purchase.
    I've only had my OP5t since about November, and if one plus wants to keep its customers happy enough to buy another device from them they need to listen to their customers, and provide the expected levels of support including security updates, and software updates as required, which by the amount of personal data we keep on our mobile devices are all important.
    Today's one plus customer is another mobile phone company's customer tomorrow

fidus62 likes this.
  9. dego007
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2018

dego007 , Apr 9, 2018 :
    Samsung is much more worse than OP in providing updates
    OP is still updating older phones
    Would I like a better frequency of updates for my 5T which I bought 4 months back ? Hell, yes
    But at the same time, I am not as pissed as I would have been after buying a Note 8 , which still hasn't seen Oreo
    OP is still better than most brands out there, providing value for money flagships, and comparatively faster updates
    The only grip I have is security updates being updated once in 3 months

10. Adidz
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2018

Adidz , Apr 9, 2018 :
    You know that Pei coins was a joke right?

But yes, I do agree with your previous statements.
    Oneplus should be a little more transparent and give us some information.

11. Sushchh
    Froyo Apr 10, 2018

Sushchh , Apr 10, 2018 :
    One plus 5 T still run on December security patch and there is no official announcement for Android update. After investing huge money still facing this type of problem. I think one plus team forget one plus 5 T. Please release the stable version for one plus 5T

MiguelXXD likes this.
  12. suzwon
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2018

suzwon , Apr 10, 2018 :
    It's been long gap we have not received any updates in stable build as well as iPhone like gesture. May be OnePlus team is only focusing on OP6 and Pie Coin. If this type of activity is done by OnePlus this company will be available only in the history. And now I m thinking to move on Andy Rubin's (Creator of Android) next Essential phone. I found Essential phone is getting fastest Android updates now after Pixel phones.

fidus62 likes this.
  13. Mohamed Allie
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2018

Mohamed Allie , Apr 10, 2018 :
    Stable version is out. 5.0.4 which is Android 8 is available for update. if you really want a security patch later than December switch to beta version 5 which has Feb security patch.

otherwise stop complaining about updates. Many other manufacturers are still not on Oreo and one plus is on Oreo granted the security patch is still on December.

G_T_Bennett and Gnawd like this.
  14. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2018

F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY , Apr 10, 2018 :
    Here is youre patch;
    [​IMG]

15. Gnawd
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2018

AussieOnePlusUser likes this.
  16. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2018

17. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2018

Liehjan , Apr 10, 2018 :
    It's coming in a few weeks, the op5 just got beta8 with April security patch.

18. Chungtd
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2018

Chungtd , Apr 10, 2018 :
    I do not think they forgot. Just they need to reserve their priority and human resources for the 6.
    It is acceptable.

19. fidus62
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2018

fidus62 , Apr 10, 2018 :
    Sorry, but that's unacceptable...

dego007 and Chungtd like this.
  20. BrainsCollector
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2018

BrainsCollector , Apr 10, 2018 :
    Just another few weeks and after that just another few weeks, and another, and maybe in 2-3 months there will be update for their FLAGSHIP phone