OxygenOS 5.0.5 OTA for the OnePlus 3 & 3T

1. syntek99
    Froyo Sep 13, 2018

syntek99 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    finger print reader takes 2 seconds. Just because you and others don't have these issues after the update does not mean they don't exist.....

2 "whole" seconds?..... Oh, the tragedy....

2. dimovkster
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

dimovkster , Sep 14, 2018 :
    I know most probably it's not going to happen, but a really nice feature for the next update (or the Android Pie update) would be adding the Google Sans font as an option to choose...is there anyone else that would like that?

chinnidiwakar and maortrol like this.
  3. kpoyser
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

kpoyser , Sep 14, 2018 :

syntek99

finger print reader takes 2 seconds. Just because you and others don't have these issues after the update does not mean they don't exist.....

2 "whole" seconds?..... Oh, the tragedy....​

somebody's got jokes

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018

4. danyboy1234
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

danyboy1234 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    sot is 4hr to 4.30hr maxim, android system usage is top of the chart, how to decrease android system usage?

5. laupuy
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

laupuy , Sep 14, 2018 :
    Did you read the pinned threads?
    Like this one: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/op3-3t-battery-and-heating-tips-nougat-oreo.542075/
    "Android System "drain" Explained
    Android System is the "system server" which runs all the background services on the system..."

Take a look at "running services" via "Option for developers" on your phone.

No such problem on my side.

sammerasker, Auristic and ghostofcain like this.
  6. Quinn74ir
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

Quinn74ir , Sep 14, 2018 :
    I've not had the latest security update through yet I'm still on June I usually get a notification when it's available but not had one since the June security patch any help would be greatly appreciated

7. maortrol
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

maortrol , Sep 14, 2018 :
    It would be nice, I like Google Sans too... :)

8. Xypleth7
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

Xypleth7 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    After moving from Beta, I've had more freezes and crashes than on any beta update. Also more system wide lag.

Yes I tried clearing the f-ing cache, you OnePlus peasants should stop doing that so often, as it resolves almost nothing, but makes the system work harder for a few days to rewrite that cache. I don't think that there is a community that clears cache more often than OnePlus userbase.

chinnidiwakar likes this.
  9. keepermike
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

keepermike , Sep 14, 2018 :
    Have you done a factory reset like the OnePlus devs say must be done when moving back to the stable build?

ghostofcain and Android450 like this.
  10. keepermike
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

keepermike , Sep 14, 2018 :
    1. Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)

ghostofcain and Android450 like this.
  11. SuperSamXXVIII
    Eclair Sep 15, 2018

SuperSamXXVIII , Sep 15, 2018 :
    So, finally I had the guts to update the system for "GENERAL BUGS FIX".

Things I've noticed so far in my OP 3T.

The picture quality has changed. I noticed that because I love taking pictures and I compared the previous pictures I had taken months ago. It definitely changed.

The battery. I'm a hardcore mobile online gamer so I noticed that it gets easily drained now compared before. And the phone gets hotter in continuous gaming, NOT BEFORE.

The sound. This one I'm not really sure. Somehow, it felt like the sound seems not so loud now when speaker is on, even with a headset on.

The thing is, we can never escape the updates. We have no choice at all. It's just a matter of time when we decide to update our phones.

Still, One Plus is a great phone. I assure you that.

Regards,
    Sam

12. Ankitbhat12345
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2018

chinnidiwakar and Android450 like this.
  13. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2018

RASTAVIPER , Sep 15, 2018 :
    Who told u that this is a bad thing?
    Do u have any idea how Android works?

Auristic likes this.
  14. wujek78
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2018

wujek78 , Sep 15, 2018 :
    I have some issue with bright screen after last 5.0.5 update. Any sugestions? Somebody maybe have same issue?
    1537028270908.jpg

15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Sep 17, 2018

ghostofcain , Sep 17, 2018 :
    I'm sorry but this paragraph, just makes me ignore anything else you have to say.

The user has every choice as to whether to update or not.

16. SuperSamXXVIII
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

SuperSamXXVIII , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Ah, so you mean you'll let your phone outdated? I get your point that it is still the descretion of the users whether they like the update or not. In the end, what's their choice aside of updating the OS? Buy new phone, is that it?

17. SuperSamXXVIII
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

Besides, I did not say "WE CAN NEVER ESCAPE 'THIS' UPDATE". I SAID, we can never escape updates.Try to differentiate those phrases.

18. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Sep 17, 2018

ghostofcain , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Or continue to use their phone on an older update, what exactly would you miss staying on 5.0.3 as opposed to 5.0.5? My brother only updated his OP2 to a 6 in July because of a cracked screen and his OP2 functioned just fine in spite of the lack of updates.

Again, there is no obligation on the end user to install even ONE update.

19. G_sanjay_kumar_aLAI
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

20. SuperSamXXVIII
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

See, you mentioned it yourself. No matter how long YOU WANT to stay for a specific update, THERE WILL BE A time when you need an update. That's why I also SAID THAT IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME when we decide to update our phones.