OxygenOS 5.0.8(HotFix) OTA for the OnePlus 3 & 3T

1. Owski97 Gingerbread Feb 1, 2019

Owski97, Feb 1, 2019 :
    well then do that. ;)

2. abhibnl Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 1, 2019

abhibnl, Feb 1, 2019 :
    I will. Need to weigh my options when S855 based flagships have been presented by companies. OP3 is working fine and with Pie update, I can wait another 6-7 months. My upgrade cycle is every 2 years so i usually skip 2 generations of SoCs before needing to upgrade. S845 is old at this point and even a Poco F1 is not a good investment. Better wait for 855

3. AndreiRadu Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 1, 2019

AndreiRadu, Feb 1, 2019 :
    Ohhh

4. dcuatro Eclair Feb 1, 2019

dcuatro, Feb 1, 2019 :
    Thanks, but... Is it gonna finally fix the low volume on calls or not?

5. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 1, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes, Feb 1, 2019 :
    Why don't you do a bit of googling about those "fake" updates.
    Come back and let us know what you find.

6. Fabritrv Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2019

Fabritrv, Feb 2, 2019 :
    I hardly ever comment on this forum anymore since I changed phone and the 3T became my secondary device, but I gotta drop a few lines here. What you're saying about privacy on what you called "the internet" is absolutely not true. It would be possible if companies actually cared about that and if costumers made their voice heard and stopped giving props to companies which are abusive towards their privacy. Unfortunately the average consumer cares more about saving a few bucks or using their favorite browser/app than they do about their privacy. Every smartphone and computer could use so many different softwares and apps who are trustworthy and open source but they just don't cause they don't care. People sending hate to companies who actually care about privacy just because they have higher prices is the most common thing: say what you want about Apple but they actually care about it more than the most praised Android devices who just get a pass because "the phone costs 300 euros less, what do you expect".
    I mean, the biggest security issues on Apple(facetime) was totally unintentional and that can happens and I can live with that, in that sense you're right that there's no chance to avoid security issues because mistakes are always going to happen and hackers are always trying to steal your data. But intentionally collecting or leaking your costumers informations is a whole different story, that's not a security issue, that's a privacy violation from a multi million dollar company, which is a totally different thing.
    So yeah: 100% safe internet is not possible because you'll always be exposed to risks, but those are minimal risks which security patches often "save you from being in serious trouble", if delivered(which makes them important, more than many think). Companies taking your data has nothing to do with security patches and it's just a major privacy issue.

Before anyone asks, I don't own an Apple device. I get that sometimes it's impossible to avoid privacy abusive companies but everyone should try to do their best to support companies who put in work, and demand security updates and respect for the costumer data.

abhibnl and G_Greg_Ybañez_vJrN like this.
  7. G_Niluttpal_Roy_mAuo Cupcake Feb 2, 2019

G_Niluttpal_Roy_mAuo, Feb 2, 2019 :
    plenty of bugs and errors in the new update, microphone not working with some apps, battery draining fast, app crashes frequeltly. Can someone help me?

Fabritrv likes this.
  8. mage115 Froyo Feb 2, 2019

mage115, Feb 2, 2019 :
    I've been running 5.0.8 since it came out without any issues, so as always, the software update isn't to blame.
    Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps like clearing cache and looking at the pinned battery thread? Once you know you've done all you can and if the problem persists then the last resort is always a factory reset. And of course, be sure to backup your data.

9. G_Niluttpal_Roy_mAuo Cupcake Feb 2, 2019

10. dcop7 Honeycomb Feb 2, 2019

dcop7, Feb 2, 2019 :
    What is "everything"? Post what you did.

11. G_Niluttpal_Roy_mAuo Cupcake Feb 2, 2019

Re installed the apps, didn't solve the problem, then i did hard reset, again installed the apps, still the same problem

12. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2019

Topper_Gas, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Have you tried it in safe mode to see if it's your phone or your non OP apps causing the problems?

13. G_Niluttpal_Roy_mAuo Cupcake Feb 2, 2019

The normal apps don't cause any problems, but some installed apps are crashing, freezing and draining battery, simple apps actually

14. pierangelomunoz Cupcake Feb 3, 2019

15. AxelBog95 Cupcake Feb 3, 2019

AxelBog95, Feb 3, 2019 :
    Hi everyone.
    Got a OnePlus 3t from a friend for a couple of days.
    Was able to get it back to Oxygen OS,but my problem is that if I update the software the device don't want to boot into the system.
    What can be solution ?

16. o-l-a-v Eclair Feb 3, 2019

o-l-a-v, Feb 3, 2019 :
    Have you tried to clean flash the latest OTA from recovery, found here? https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=6
    Are you rooted? Locked or unlocked bootloader?

I'd recommend no root, locked bootloader. Clear cache and user data before flashing.

17. BeingIncog Marshmallow Feb 3, 2019

BeingIncog, Feb 3, 2019 :
    same goes for project treble!!! [​IMG]

18. PTuT Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2019

PTuT, Feb 3, 2019 :
    Nope, but in China is a big holiday so nothing will be done at least for a week or two. Experience from the previous years.

19. AxelBog95 Cupcake Feb 3, 2019

AxelBog95, Feb 3, 2019 :
    Right now I am on OxygenOS 3.5.1 want to upgrade to 4.5.1. at first. The phone is not rooted and the bootloader is locked. Also the phone is totaly cleaned.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019

20. harishm93 Donut Feb 3, 2019

harishm93, Feb 3, 2019 :
    When will we get the PIE update for 3T? I want to switch the phone to new One plus 7 when ever it releases. Until then I wanna experience the update.