OxygenOS 5.0.8(HotFix) OTA for the OnePlus 3 & 3T

1. I1531903791007 Donut Feb 3, 2019

2. mage115 Froyo Feb 3, 2019

mage115, Feb 3, 2019 :
    Maybe try dirty flashing the latest full rom to see if that helps. Otherwise you can roll back to a previous version of oxygen.

3. mage115 Froyo Feb 3, 2019

mage115, Feb 3, 2019 :
    The beta program for 3/3t ended half a year ago, so if you want to recieve security patches and updates you should be on stable oos (5.0.8).

ghostofcain likes this.
  4. abhibnl Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2019

abhibnl, Feb 4, 2019 :
    Don't really need google for that. I own a OP3 and these updates always just listing "Improvements and various bug fixes" and Security patch updated, are plain bs. What bugs were fixed? What security exploits were fixed? Where are the details? They can release the same version with 5.0.9 slammed on top of it while mentioning "Various improvements and bug fixes" and you won't even notice it. That's all my point.

5. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2019

Topper_Gas, Feb 4, 2019 :
    Google issue monthly security updates to patch vulnerabilities they are hardly BS if they are protecting your device, I doubt Google would be too impressed if OP said they were including the latest security update if they weren't, although nobody is forcing you to update your phone, just don't com back on here whinging if somebody steals your data etc in the future.

6. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes, Feb 4, 2019 :
    My suggestion was really prompted by your reference to security updates being included in the fake updates as a marketing ploy. If that wasn't clear I apologize.
    If you spend some time looking into the Google security updates you will see how important it is that we get them as soon as possible for as long as possible.
    Three years on a bimonthly basis is good. Let's hope they stick to it.
    There are documented instances of mobile manufacturers not supplying them but even worse you will find there is evidence of some manufacturers saying they are supplying them when they aren't.
    Google, it seems, make the updates available but leaves it up to the manufacturer to forward them to the users.
    Being realistic the only updates that will be available when the release and testing of new Android versions is not taking place are the security updates, "bug fixes", tweeking of OS and minor changes.
    Your fake updates in other words.

7. abhibnl Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2019

abhibnl, Feb 4, 2019 :
    I should have been clear on the usage of "fake" word as well. I apologize
    Also, I think that statement you made is the root of the android update fragmentation. Google released a new Android version or timely security update but doesn't bother if their partner OEMs are updating their respective phones or not. IMO, google should make it mandatory to provide monthly security patches to ALL android devices, and OEMs should be given a certain time frame in which they have to update their released devices to the latest Android available. Just my 2 cents. :)

8. abhibnl Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2019

abhibnl, Feb 4, 2019 :
    You know what I have that protects me from these malware and shady apps on my device? A brain and common sense :)
    What use is a security update when the most downloaded apps like Facebook, Google itself is accessing and stealing customer location date and tracking their every damn search, without our consent.
    I stay away from skeptical or apps that I really don'y know what they do. I always buy the app that I like and has usability for my usage. It broke my heart to finally uninstall Quickpic once that CM cancer acquired it. All i'm saying is, if someone really wants to steal data from your device, there are plenty of exploits available. As long as you are connected to the internet, your privacy and data protection is never 100% safe.

Auristic and PTuT like this.
  9. G_Stewart_Bertrand_SJJB Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

G_Stewart_Bertrand_SJJB, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I have been having lots of wifi problems since the new update. I keep on looking my wifi I have to keep on signing on... please help I have a one plus 3T

10. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Agreed.

11. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes, Feb 5, 2019 :
    You need that brain and common sense as well as up to date security patches.

12. ghostofcain Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

ghostofcain, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I'd argue that bi monthly security patches, actually foster a false sense of security, critical holes will be patched as and when irrespective of this schedule. Such patches are no substitute for common sense.

Auristic likes this.
  13. abhibnl Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2019

abhibnl, Feb 5, 2019 :
    We may need those security patches but trust me, nothing beats common sense. I have seen my colleagues clicking on shady sign up or lottery links on office email account. You won't believe how easy it is to scam someone on the name of a fake job opportunity link, lottery link, "you have won a phone" link, and similar spam.

Auristic likes this.
  14. o-l-a-v Eclair Feb 8, 2019

15. IHearVoices13X Donut Feb 8, 2019

16. JagadeshS Eclair Feb 8, 2019

17. IHearVoices13X Donut Feb 8, 2019

IHearVoices13X, Feb 8, 2019 :
    yeahhh and then it died lol even though it was on charge...

18. JagadeshS Eclair Feb 8, 2019

JagadeshS, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Bro it was awesome I am getting 4hrs sot with 1hr pubg and few browsing and social media usage

IHearVoices13X likes this.
  19. IHearVoices13X Donut Feb 8, 2019

IHearVoices13X, Feb 8, 2019 :
    when it gets adapted it's really good bro

JagadeshS likes this.
  20. fouadmordi Froyo Feb 9, 2019

Attached Files:

Ankitbhat12345 likes this.