OxygenOS 5.0, our first official Android O OTA update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. G_TV95_MeLm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 24, 2017

2. umairalvi
    Eclair Nov 24, 2017

umairalvi , Nov 24, 2017 :
    All right, so I have been on the new update for five days now and here are my thoughts:

The design choices made by OnePlus didn't really affect me to the extent it did other people. In fact, I feel red looks sexier than the stock look.

The battery life has been extremely poor for the most part. I get 2:30-3 hours of SOT on 4G and around 4-4:30 hours if I am on WiFi. Standby times aren't great either.

Also, picture in picture (PIP) is broken. It only works in maps for now (for me).

To sum up, the overall experience has been something that one can expect from a beta build but not something that is to be expected from a stable build. Using this rom is very reminiscent of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies.

However, OnePlus has been kind enough to push the update out this early and I hope the development goes on in the right direction from here on. They have always listened to the community and I hope they do the same to iron out the issues in the current build.

lkosova likes this.
  3. Kabir Anand
    Eclair Nov 24, 2017

Kabir Anand , Nov 24, 2017 :
    Thanks buddy [e]1f44d[/e]

sandeep21 likes this.
  4. viswanathdsfeb
    Froyo Nov 24, 2017

5. G_Ananth_krishna
    Eclair Nov 24, 2017

G_Ananth_krishna , Nov 24, 2017 :
    Ya battery is fluctuating as I have seen only 3 battery cycles after updating, but smoothness in day to day tasks has improved.

6. sabarishsanthosh
    Donut Nov 24, 2017

sabarishsanthosh , Nov 24, 2017 :
    Are these OTA updates Country Specific?
    Updating over a VPN, will it cause carrier issues for me in my country?

7. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 24, 2017

BeingIncog , Nov 24, 2017 :
    yep, they are incremental!
    nope!

Sun90 likes this.
  8. smitbhagat
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2017

9. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Nov 24, 2017

Cervantes , Nov 24, 2017 :
    Thread merged
    read the first post
    this is a thread of questions and answers

Sun90 likes this.
  10. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 24, 2017

BeingIncog , Nov 24, 2017 :
    lol

11. Cervantes

Thread merged
    read the first post

Sun90 likes this.
  12. Cervantes

Thread merged
    read the first post

Sun90 likes this.
  13. Miq1
    Donut Nov 24, 2017

Miq1 , Nov 24, 2017 :
    +1 - same here after the update. No more undisturbed playback in the car, regardless what app. The best I can expect is some 2-3 minutes of music, then long phases of connect/disconnect occur.

14. tianchoon
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2017

tianchoon , Nov 24, 2017 :
    when connected to Sony LDAC headphone, streaming codec still aptx and cannot choose LDAC. any one encounter same issue? thanks.

15. Cervantes

Thread merged
    read the first post

Sun90 likes this.
  16. jazzdev
    Donut Nov 24, 2017

jazzdev , Nov 24, 2017 :
    Battery Drain Fix

1) Clear Cache from Recovery Menu

2) Turn off Advanced Optimisation :
    Settings - Battery - Battery Optimisation - Advanced Optimisation (Top right of screen) - Turn off

3) Turn off Doze Mode in Developer Options

Tested on my Oneplus 3T and seems to have solved the issue after a full recharge.
    View attachment 629275

17. MohinderBatra10
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2017

18. sanketpophale
    Donut Nov 24, 2017

19. jabbeboy91
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2017

jabbeboy91 , Nov 24, 2017 :
    I think its its overall good and mostly stable enough. But some bugs here and there that i hope Oneplus addresses.
    Also the design approach they have done with the so called "New Quick Settings" is a big step backwards. It looks plain, static, stiff and dull now.
    And i think they really should consider giving the users more control over the accent colors. The blue really is ugly with the default theme. With black theme i would consider the option to have white accent, and with the white theme, with black accent.
    If they would change the quicksetting, making it look more refreshed and modern, while maintaining its dynamic approach i would be satisfied. As it looks now, im not fully satisfied with the UI.

iqbalanis likes this.
  20. F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 24, 2017

F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS , Nov 24, 2017 :
    Be careful about TuneIn radio, a friend of mine has removed this app after he found out that it was draining his battery.
    Try to remove it for a couple of charges and see if it solves your battery drain problem ;)