OxygenOS 5.0, our first official Android O OTA update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. Gurudev_Reddy_Marthala_
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

2. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Dec 14, 2017 :
    We all were surprised, despite the beta at that time was not bug-free/ stable enough to warrant a release of the stable realease, many of the oreo enthusiasts if not all should have stayed away from the update.

sharadkatti and Sun90 like this.
  3. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

4. Manas Saha
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2017

Manas Saha , Dec 14, 2017 :
    After a major release you should clear cache from recovery, not factory reset. Under no circumstances an update should require a factory reset. If it needs one, then the update process should factory reset automatically, or ask user specifically to do it. that is how software engineering works.

G_Sergiu_Iacob_SPrU likes this.
  5. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2017

RASTAVIPER , Dec 14, 2017 :
    You don't even know what a factory reset is.
    Photos, downloaded files, music, videos are not affected.

And after major updates a factory reset is recommended.
    It's not about Oneplus.
    It's how Android works.

Sun90 likes this.
  6. 40gates
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

7. hemanth9719
    Froyo Dec 14, 2017

8. Manas Saha
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2017

9. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2017

RASTAVIPER , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Xaxaxa.
    You are so ignorant.

For the Oneplus 3T you can have a factory reset and not select the Internal storage.
    Therefore your post is wrong and the article is applicable in this case.

Again, don't write for things that you don't know.
    I had performed the factory reset and all data that I have mentioned are not affected.

Sun90 likes this.
  10. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

Sun90 likes this.
  11. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

12. G_Ayush_07
    Donut Dec 14, 2017

G_Ayush_07 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Dude , i had already installed the oreo update then faced bugs like frequent app stop, for eg - try Jio money app and when adding money u ll fot sure face app close error etc .I had also done factory reset but that also did not solve the issue , i have only posted on this thread after trying and coming to conclusion so just correct the facts here.

13. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

Bobbie63 and Sun90 like this.
  14. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2017

Aeron , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Is it described somewhere which data are wiped and which not ? To be honest I always though that factory reset will remove everything from device including photos, videos, app files,.....

Thanks.

15. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

Just check it up in the settings menu.
    Or
    Use the reset system settings option in recovery boot menu.

Aeron and Sun90 like this.
  16. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Dec 14, 2017

Sun90 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    With oneplus you have the option in factory reset ( both in Recovery as well as in backup & reset settings').
    To either select the internal storage to wipe or not while doing factory reset.

Aeron and VaibhavBhargava like this.
  17. IOTGeek
    Froyo Dec 14, 2017

IOTGeek , Dec 14, 2017 :
    I am in absolute agreement with Manas Saha. Why as a customer [of GA release] need to investigate issues after issues. It is fine to expect from community members experimenting beta releases for their own interest and/or to help OnePlus. But not otherwise....

18. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

I have mentioned earlier, that OnePlus got greedy for the first place prize and went for it, hence delivering not a very smooth transition to Oreo, like it did with Nougat. (as far as I am told)

sharadkatti and Sun90 like this.
  19. IOTGeek
    Froyo Dec 14, 2017

IOTGeek , Dec 14, 2017 :
    @Aeron - this is a community forum .. yes agreed but why anyone as a customer [of GA release] need to investigate issues after issues.

Your tone of response is not appreciated. It might be applicable in a humble manner for members who are experimenting beta releases for their own interest and/or to help OnePlus. If you are a moderator or trying to act like one then please change your tone in treating others as this is a community forum.

20. IOTGeek
    Froyo Dec 14, 2017

IOTGeek , Dec 14, 2017 :
    That might be the case. To me, the most disappointing experience is OP is not accepting this publicly and coming out with what's their plan to mitigate and address these issues by this upgrade. Instead, I keep seeing their marketing flyers on 5T celebrations, holiday offers and 4th year anniversary... Looks like the foundational values of this company are changing ... when that happens... OP must realize the customers start shaking company business.

Amanyadav27, jakkipoika and john.hem like this.