OxygenOS 5.0, our first official Android O OTA update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Dec 14, 2017 :
    They can still make up for their 'mistake' by rolling out a better 8.0 update.

As of right now OnePlus's attention seems to divided to three places OP3/3T , 5 and 5T (later it will be unified), so let's give them a grace period and let's see.

Sun90 likes this.
  2. sharadkatti
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2017

sharadkatti , Dec 14, 2017 :
    It seems to be that way.. OP did hurry in releasing Oreo as even after second beta release of Oreo had mobile standby drain issue and was still not stable enough..

VaibhavBhargava likes this.
  3. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

Yup

4. manitsolanki
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

manitsolanki , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Expecting a reply for the problem. anyone who can help please reply with the solution

5. Karthik Bhoopathy
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

Karthik Bhoopathy , Dec 14, 2017 :
    My one plus 3T mobile phone getting hang while using. Am facing this issue suddenly this is the 3rd time am getting this problem. Please fix this issue.

6. kunal.h222
    KitKat Dec 14, 2017

kunal.h222 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    need more explanation

7. manitsolanki
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

manitsolanki , Dec 14, 2017 :
    I use dual sim one is jio on which I use my data. So when data is turned on and the screen is off I get cell standby which consumes the battery. How to fix it?

8. kunal.h222
    KitKat Dec 14, 2017

chek if u recently installed any 3rd party app causing this issue

9. kunal.h222
    KitKat Dec 14, 2017

this is bug in Oreo update. each n everyone who upgraded to oreo is facing this issue. wait till oneplus release next update to fix this issue.

10. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2017

Aeron , Dec 14, 2017 :
    We agree that this is comunity forum but currently it become a bit "overloaded" with message there is bug and further info given. While I agree that most of common users wont do they own troubleshooting or try to fix the problem then they should at least tell us what exactly is a problem. Information there is a bug is not enough to advice. At least not for me. Also if you have bug and dont know what to do there is support from oneplus as well. You can open ticket to them.
    If they decide to ask for help in the forum than they should at least describe problem or provide some data. We all know that this release had some bugs, half of the most common has workaround or fix already and I can understand that for somebody who has neverbeen here would not know how to find answer the least he can tell whats the problem.

Perhaps I might have been a bit harsh but how many of these posts are here like this. It makes this thread a bit unreadable and harder to find answer or help others but perhaps you could tell me where exactly had I threaten him ? Im afraid i have either overlooked or not found this part in reply.

RASTAVIPER likes this.
  11. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2017

Aeron , Dec 14, 2017 :
    @VaibhavBhargava , @Sun90 : Thanks guys, But what I ment is if it wipe also application data which are part of the internal storage ? Or should these be deleted manually. I would rather not do full wipe of 30 GB photos and backup of them might take a while. I can see that internal storage is simply mounted in the system as different partition so does wipe simply ignore this partition or also clear app data from here ? Thats why I asked if its explained somewhere by oneplus how exactly it works.

12. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2017

Now, if you don't select the option the files are not deleted. (Like you must have seen). Screenshot_20171215-020327.jpg
    If you are using the stock recovery and you choose reset system settings, then it will have the same effect as stated above.

It is still recommended (not mandatory) to have a backup, while using this feature. (It never failed for me - I have used it on multiple occasions)

Sun90 and sharadkatti like this.
  13. hacii
    Donut Dec 14, 2017

hacii , Dec 14, 2017 :
    this is the most worse update ever since i have downloaded it i had several problems with the phone first i had problems with the touch screen who solved with clean install and now i have problem with sim1 who can call out but can't calls in are going directly to voicemail sim 2 is working good after cleaning cache it works good again soo a say THİS İS THE MOST WORSE UPDATE EVER!!!!

14. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2017

fdroko , Dec 15, 2017 :

FACTORY RESETo_O

15. hacii
    Donut Dec 15, 2017

16. Domene10
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2017

17. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2017

fdroko , Dec 15, 2017 :

did not go out yet android 8.1 o_O

18. sharadkatti
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2017

sharadkatti , Dec 15, 2017 :
    That's correct. I have done it few times while moving back n forth from stable to beta and other way as well. Worked all the times and I have my internal storage intact.

19. sharadkatti
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2017

sharadkatti , Dec 15, 2017 :
    Does your phone hang after Oreo update? Did you do a clean install or did dirty flash? Eitherways clear the cache from both recovery and apps settings and see if the issue still persists. If yes, Do a factory reset.
    Most of the times, wiping cache resolves almost all the issues when moved to the latest version.

Sun90 likes this.
  20. amritkr1809
    Froyo Dec 15, 2017

amritkr1809 , Dec 15, 2017 :
    How about you include the airtel VoLTE update for the OP3/3T as well.

You shouldn't disrespect your superstars of yesterday like this.

This is atleast one of the honorable things you can do to bid a respectable goodbye to this phone.