OxygenOS 5.0, our first official Android O OTA update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. F_Harihara_Jothi_PbhN
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

F_Harihara_Jothi_PbhN , Dec 20, 2017 :
    no change ...still the same !!!

2. G_juan_antonio_rodrigo_L
    Eclair Dec 20, 2017

G_juan_antonio_rodrigo_L , Dec 20, 2017 :
    [QUOTE = "G_Dariusz_B_syuJ, post: 17363126, member: 866933"] ¡Inglés, por favor! [/ QUOTE]

no hablo ingles.
    ni grite ni ordene
    un saludo y paz

3. manipadme
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

Attached Files:

4. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2017

gazz1701 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    See my first post...VPN will make no difference right now, they pulled it.

5. TeMpL
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

TeMpL , Dec 20, 2017 :
    submitted bug reports, and logs about Bt crash issue. Waiting for update..

ant+ working only ever 10 try.. mostly bt just dies.. trying to access any ant device..

feedback form wont help them. for solving bugs ;)

Aeron and Bobbie63 like this.
  6. Abushama.shadi
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

7. Bobbie63
    Nougat Dec 20, 2017

Bobbie63 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    I don't know what will help them or not, my point is just, Oneplus has introduced those forms to try to streamline the issues customers are experiencing. As you will understand, it for them impossible to get an overview of issues just reading there 8662 posts in this thread. From there on, it's their responsibility how to handle them, not much more we can do than making them aware of the issues we have.

And I hope, you'll soon get your issues solved. :)

keithgpowell, Sun90 and Aeron like this.
  8. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

Aeron , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Yes the OTA update has been postponed for now. There are few bugs that have to be adressed by OnePlus.
    You will need to wait, or you can go to Download page and download it manually. However at least have a review of this thread. There were few bugs mentioned that can not be easily resolved. Mainly Cell Standby battery consumption via LTE.

I suggest to wait. Its safer option for you :)

9. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

Aeron , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Unfortunately this is the bug why OnePlus has pulled back OTA update. (Cell Stand by battery consumption) You will need to wait for fix via next update. Or you can try to play with it. Maybe you will find something that will help us all.

Sadly there is no quick fix for this problem. :(

10. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2017

RASTAVIPER , Dec 20, 2017 :
    How many times should we write it??

Just because sometimes in the battery stats the Cell Standby is in the first position (personally I never have it), it doesn't mean that it actually consumes the battery so much.

It's written in other forums as well.
    Do some research before writing things that are not valid .

And where exactly did you read that the Update was pulled back because of this?
    I really wonder how people believe and decide to write about things so easily that they have only heard, without any real proof.

11. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

Aeron , Dec 20, 2017 :
    There was a post few pages before. Guy was informed by oneplus about it and posted whole reply from them. Look for it.
    And while you havent had this particular problem it doesnt mean there isnt one. From my point of view this bug is related to LTE usage. Perhaps certain frequency used by Operators. IF im whole day on Wifi with Mobile Data off the battery drain is not here. ( This i will test further). One user has already sent the feedback to OnePlus with the same problem.
    However im not at Wifi whole time. I need to leave my Home as well :) .

One more thing. I had 30 % of battery when i was going to sleep at 23:00 and had an alarm at 04 AM. Unfortunatelly it didnt ring because phone was off when i woke up. Also phone needs to be recharged each day. I know that it might be by some other app which is not optimized for Oreo. But perhaps it will help you understand that for some of us its a real problem.

BTW Have you tested it ? Have you been whole day on LTE (4G) only ? To see if you have the same problem ?

//Edit: Page 426, Altough no mention of this particullar bug. Have assumed this and others were the reason. Sorry my bad this one. But it doesnt change that update is postponed and I doubt it is because There are no bugs or issue. However as I stated before the Silent treatment from OnePlus isnt helping.//

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017

AcmE85 and AltLin16 like this.
  12. Oscaryh
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

Oscaryh , Dec 21, 2017 :
    how is the battery one the op3 with android 8? is it worth the update? or should i stick with 7.1

13. lithin T
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

lithin T , Dec 21, 2017 :
    My phone received the oreo update, but due to lack of resources i could not update it. Now i can't find the update.
    What should i do?

14. Onkar.Singh
    KitKat Dec 21, 2017

Onkar.Singh , Dec 21, 2017 :
    1. Download OxygenOS updater from Playstore and see ...
    2. Download from Oneplus support download link > copy to root of your OP3T device and do a local update
    3. Wait for the next update ////

lithin T likes this.
  15. Linus14.
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

16. G_Julio_Mendoza_SLaf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2017

17. mukupower
    Froyo Dec 21, 2017

mukupower , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Don't download any apps to update the device.. Do the updates with official system updates available in settings page that's best way..

Joedbarry likes this.
  18. Gajendra_Patel_43
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

19. Onkar.Singh
    KitKat Dec 21, 2017

Onkar.Singh , Dec 21, 2017 :
    1. Download OxygenOS updater from Playstore and see ...
    2. Download from Oneplus support download link > copy to root of your OP3 device and do a local update
    3. Wait for the next update ////

Sun90 likes this.
  20. bulletant
    Froyo Dec 21, 2017

bulletant , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Some apps don't have setting for notifications. Is it possible to disable vibration while keep the sound of notifications? I remember there's sth like that in power notification control. Seems like the function is gone.